IGNORED

Richard Gould

Gillies Downs Leeds

34 minutes ago, Gillies Downs Leeds said:

For those interested Richard Gould is on Sound of the City on radio Bristol tonight.

If Sound of the City was literal, it would be Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Haha 4

7 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

There was definitely some genuine needle between Twentyman and Ashton. 

It'll be much more amicable with Gould but I'm sure he won't shy away from asking the tough questions that need to be asked. 

Totally.

It is patronising to suggest GT doesn’t give any interviewees a tough time.

He played for, captained & was assistant manager of Rovers but Wael still gets the same treatment.

Ashton is someone you can understand getting under an interviewers skin, all buzz words and spin, so no wonder GT would sound irritated.

• Like 1

Just now, GrahamC said:

Ashton is someone you can understand getting under an interviewers skin, all buzz words and spin, so no wonder GT would sound irritated.

I think it probably went much further than that. Ashton has previous form for having falling outs with local media that are critical of him/the club (see Watford) so it wouldn't surprise me if there'd been an off-air falling out or two. But that's only speculation on my part... Twentyman just sounded borderline angry the last couple of times he spoke to Ashton, and that's very unlike him. Clearly, no love lost between the two of them.

• Like 3

Just now, Kid in the Riot said:

I think it probably went much further than that. Ashton has previous form for having falling outs with local media that are critical of him/the club (see Watford) so it wouldn't surprise me if there'd been an off-air falling out or two. But that's only speculation on my part... Twentyman just sounded borderline angry the last couple of times he spoke to Ashton, and that's very unlike him. Clearly, no love lost between the two of them.

Suspect Geoff saw completely through him, that’s why.

• Like 7
  • Flames 1

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

Plus I think he knew he was someone who would do the complete opposite of what Gould is doing tonight, appear during the good runs & miraculously disappear during the bad ones.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Curr Avon said:

If Sound of the City was literal, it would be Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Àaaaàaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh,.............

AaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhÀaaaàaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

4 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Agreed. 

Geoff is nobodies fool (despite playing for the Gas), clearly got his finger on the pulse with the local clubs and clearly has good contacts at them too.

Ex player, been involved with Rovers in a coaching / management capacity - he’s a quality individual to have in our local media and respected by managers of both clubs. He could see through Ashton’s bullshit

• Like 3