IGNORED

Richard Gould

Gillies Downs Leeds

I heard although I’m paraphrasing RG re NP….. we have missed him, we want him back, unsure of the timeframe, long Covid is somewhat an unknown.

My sense is the Club’s position is clearly stated. NP is unwell and only time will tell how it will end which IMO is in one of two ways:

1 He will regain his health in time to resume his role

2 He or the Club will decide that his health prevents him resuming his role

i very much hope it’s the former, but only time will tell.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

This is nonsense. If NP has long Covid so bad that he can’t work, realistically he won’t be healthy enough for months.

I’d imagine conversations are going on with replacements during the international break.

Horrible business but we need a leader fully firing within the next few weeks - I can’t see how that’s going to be NP.  

Feel for Richard Gould. This is not easy. Well done Geoff for asking challenging questions. 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Mendip City said:

This is nonsense. If NP has long Covid so bad that he can’t work, realistically he won’t be healthy enough for months.

I’d imagine conversations are going on with replacements during the international break.

Horrible business but we need a leader fully firing within the next few weeks - I can’t see how that’s going to be NP.  

Feel for Richard Gould. This is not easy. Well done Geoff for asking challenging questions. 

100% agree with this

• Like 1

Interesting that the club contacted Geoff 20p to volunteer for Gould to come on SOTC rather than the club being approached for someone to come on.

Timeframe uncertain but wonder if that has inconveniently crossed with developments in the Pearson role. With the result then that Gould is really hamstrung in what he can say. And couldn’t cancel the interview as would look defensive etc. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, headhunter said:

100% agree with this

In my opinion…. He’s gone. 

The cynic in me says this interview was arranged with the expectation of something far more concrete to say…. has someone turned us down??? (Apologies for the speculation overdrive). 

Literally the only firm statement is “no” to Shakespeare…. Surely short-term Shakespeare would be sensible if you expected Pearson back? 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Kingswood Robin said:

As you asked, they treated me like shit. There was no "hope you want to come back".

I am thinking that your situation, indeed most of our situations with our employers is very different. Nigel is contracted. Three years isn’t it?