IGNORED

Richard Gould

Gillies Downs Leeds

3 minutes ago, Mendip City said:

In my opinion…. He’s gone. 

The cynic in me says this interview was arranged with the expectation of something far more concrete to say…. has someone turned us down??? (Apologies for the speculation overdrive). 

Literally the only firm statement is “no” to Shakespeare…. Surely short-term Shakespeare would be sensible if you expected Pearson back? 

Off to Watford.

2 minutes ago, headhunter said:

How long would you say is acceptable for him to be away from day to day control?

This is a fair question.  In normal business, for a role as senior as this you’d replace him or get some sort of locum in (firm “no” to Shakespeare who would have been logical). 
If we don’t take action, then the danger is we rush NP back…. Not good for him or the club. 

4 minutes ago, Mendip City said:

In my opinion…. He’s gone. 

The cynic in me says this interview was arranged with the expectation of something far more concrete to say…. has someone turned us down??? (Apologies for the speculation overdrive). 

Literally the only firm statement is “no” to Shakespeare…. Surely short-term Shakespeare would be sensible if you expected Pearson back? 

That's how I read it. The emphatic no to Shakespeare strange given the obvious fit if you were planning around Nige staying. I assume they're planning for the alternative and looking at other candidates. Pity Wilder just went to Boro. I want Nige to continue (if he's fit and healthy enough to do so) but I wouldn't bet on it now

1 minute ago, Dunc said:

That's how I read it. The emphatic no to Shakespeare strange given the obvious fit if you were planning around Nige staying. I assume they're planning for the alternative and looking at other candidates. Pity Wilder just went to Boro. I want Nige to continue (if he's fit and healthy enough to do so) but I wouldn't bet on it now

I really wonder whether someone like Warnock has knocked us back. 

Car crash interview in my view. Seemed completely unprepared. Not much point in agreeing to do an interview with a chap like Geoff if you really have nothing to say.

Manager sick, no idea when he is coming back. Not doing anything to replace him except working hard or somesuch.

Lots of wishful thinking. All too cosy and complacent. 

Not a great deal more impressed by Gould than I was by Ashton to be honest...and that really is saying something!  

Good luck everybody!

• Like 12

Started well but sounded very anxious not to give too much away near the end, and like most politicians didn’t give an honest straight answer on some important questions. Thought it was quite obvious we were lacking in forward players/striking options yet wouldn’t say about positions, and then said the answer to our problems layed in our u23s…… Worrying 

I think that Pearson's gone - if not, he would have said 'He will be back after the international break' 

I don't think the rumours today about him stepping back were completely unfounded. Something tells me that Pearson wanted to, and the club said 'see how you feel in a few weeks'

• Like 4
  • Robin 1

3 minutes ago, Mendip City said:

I really wonder whether someone like Warnock has knocked us back. 

Does seem they were planning to announce more than they did. It may seem a little fantasy land, but if Nige has long Covid and off for the medium term, Colin to cover isn't totally outrageous 

Haven’t listened yet but if he has long Covid then he is going to be absent for a fair while.

Employment rights then preclude any sort of statement from Gould beyond the bland stuff quoted on here.

If this is the case it is a question of dealing with how he leaves, because realistically he won’t be back this year.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Dunc said:

Does seem they were planning to announce more than they did. It may seem a little fantasy land, but if Nige has long Covid and off for the medium term, Colin to cover isn't totally outrageous 

I agree. Wonder whether Nige wouldn’t agree to something like that. Warnock would be ok with it until the end of the season.  He’s all about short term challenges like that. 

So correct me if I'm wrong has anyone seen this high energy exciting football yet?

Nige is ill unfortunately and we all wish him a speedy recovery personally. But for the club we need to be a bit selfish we need someone in at the helm 24/7 at the moment as things clearly aren't working on the training pitch.

Recruitment side of things working with what we got there won't be much cash to splash.

Richard Gould seems very good at his role but I'm not sure asking about the current playing situation to him is going to get us any answers anytime soon.

Short answer tough times ahead.

1 minute ago, GrahamC said:

Haven’t listened yet but if he has long Covid then he is going to be absent for a fair while.

Employment rights then preclude any sort of statement from Gould beyond the bland stuff quoted on here.

If this is the case it is a question of dealing with how he leaves, because realistically he won’t be back this year.

Spot on

• Admin
8 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

Car crash interview in my view. Seemed completely unprepared. Not much point in agreeing to do an interview with a chap like Geoff if you really have nothing to say.

Manager sick, no idea when he is coming back. Not doing anything to replace him except working hard or somesuch.

Lots of wishful thinking. All too cosy and complacent. 

Not a great deal more impressed by Gould than I was by Ashton to be honest...and that really is saying something!  

Good luck everybody!

Agree completely, on the basis Gould requested to attend it was a complete non event, did not give a straight answer to any question

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, CheddarReds said:

I hope your employers don't share you mindset if you ever have to have prolonged time off work for health reasons

Some employer's policies are that if you have x non-holiday days off in 12 months - it's a disiplinary matter. Three separate absences in 12 months - disciplinary matter.

Edit: thinking about it, no sure 12 month time frame matters;

Edited by Sleepy1968

1 minute ago, phantom said:

Agree completely, on the basis Gould requested to attend it was a complete non event, did not give a straight answer to any question

He sounded like just as much of a spin doctor as Mark Ashton. I know that’s harsh and he has a good reputation on here but some of his answers were pathetic I thought.

Edited by pl00peh91
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, BLRed said:

Quite a bumbling interview tbh with nothing but responses of hope rather than a to the point plan of how things will be turned around. Doesn’t fill me with any faith for the rest of the season

Come on mate they’re going to “work hard” - we are going to be fine ??‍♂️ 

Just listened to Gould on RB, deeply unimpressive. On Nige - no real idea if or when he's coming back, just we hope yada yada. Pressed on January - we would like to bring in targets but has to be value etc , difficult window etc, translation = we ain't spending any money.
The whole 20 minute phone interview was unimpressive, lots of we'd like to's and we hope to's but no firm plans to change or do anything other than work hard and hope we turn the corner

He did rule out Shakespeare though. ( Presumably on cost)

So the plan for the season is hope Nige gets better and turns it around with the existing players..... That hasn't worked so far!

Overall - unimpressed with RG. Lansdown still making all the decisions. Jon CGAF. Nige out for the foreseeable. L1 beckons

• Like 9
  • Hmmm 1

Geoff is great at asking the right questions regardless of how awkward they may be.

I think Gould said all he could say in his position. Nige is staying but currently off poorly until he's 100%, hopes results turn around with Fleming deputising in the meantime. Wasn't fully convincing with the way he said it but I guess he had to be selective with his words because ultimately football is results driven and if we lose 5 more in a row Nigel would be gone either way. Fair play to Gould for fronting up on the radio at the worst time so far.

• Like 6