IGNORED

Richard Gould

Gillies Downs Leeds

4 minutes ago, bristol red said:

I’m sorry… I admit I ain’t the brightest cookie in the jar… but.. what the xxxx does Gould do? What is his actual role? Did he play football?;  had he managed a football team?; had he had dealings with footballers agents?… sorry I may be completely wrong but as I see it… WTF??

He comes from a footballing family (his Dad & brother were pros), he didn't play professionally himself. He is a sporting adminstrator. His role is CEO. He will have had dealings with sports agents through a long career in sports administration, he will continue to speak to agents by virtue of being the CEO of a Championship football club.

Edited by GlastonburyRed
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, bristol red said:

Well.. as I see it… what a waste of effing time, crap, money… like Ashton before… jobs for the boys… give control to a proper ex footballer DOF and sort the shit out… ( sorry rant over! )

The point is Richard Gould is fulfilling his role as CEO whereas Mark Ashton was trying to be a DoF. Ashton was doing it wrong Gould is doing it right. If he choses to appoint a DoF then that is different, but as CEO he is there to lead the admin side of the operation, not the football.

What Is Chief Executive Officer (CEO)?
A chief executive officer (CEO) is the highest-ranking executive in a company. Broadly speaking, a chief executive officer’s primary responsibilities include making major corporate decisions, managing the overall operations and resources of a company, acting as the main point of communication between the board of directors and corporate operations. In many cases, the chief executive officer serves as the public face of the company. 

https://www.investopedia.com/terms/c/ceo.asp

Edited by CiderJar
  • Like 7
  • Flames 1

Just listened to the first 5 mins states he wants NP back. GT - "And he wants to come back", RG - "I'm sure that's the case".

Not sure where the ambiguity is in that other than he can't speak for Nige, he doesn't know Nige's thought's he just knows what he thinks Nige's thought's are.

the bit that struck me is he said long COVID so I assume that's what it is - he also said "who knows with long COVID"

He is obviously not going to paint himself into a corner and look stupid by saying Nige will be back next week when he doesn't know if it's tomorrow, next week, 3 months or if NP is going to come to the conclusion that his health means he can't do the job.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Pezo said:

Just listened to the first 5 mins states he wants NP back. GT - "And he wants to come back", RG - "I'm sure that's the case".

Not sure where the ambiguity is in that other than he can't speak for Nige, he doesn't know Nige's thought's he just knows what he thinks Nige's thought's are.

the bit that struck me is he said long COVID so I assume that's what it is - he also said "who knows with long COVID"

He is obviously not going to paint himself into a corner and look stupid by saying Nige will be back next week when he doesn't know if it's tomorrow, next week, 3 months or if NP is going to come to the conclusion that his health means he can't do the job.

Wouldn’t there have some conversation with Nige before he went? If there was, Nige wasn’t adamant that he was coming back…I thought RG would’ve have said “yes, of course, all being well”

3 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Yep. But when GT said about performances on the pitch he maybe could have used a different example than the Bournemouth game - against the best side in the division. Although it was a shocking performance there are enough other examples against much worse teams he could have used ? easy answer for Gould to say parachute payments on that one.

All mainly quite pointless though isn't it. One guy trying to ask difficult questions and another who is just trying to say whatever safest thing he can think of.

Some questions a waste of time like asking him about how they can play better on the pitch. That's not his job to find solutions for the current players to play better. The video club interview which surely had all questions planned even asked him questions like that which was odd. 

And GT asking him questions he obviously won't answer like what position we will strengthen and Massengo's contract.

So I think the only thing we can take from the interview which is the main thing people tuned in for is that it sounded like Pearson might not be here in the future. Though he didn't answer that one so that's just a guess.

Oh and I think he said we will be in the transfer market in January which is one positive to come from it because it wasn't obvious that would be the case with people saying we don't have any money.

I’m just concerned that Nige won’t be around to oversee the transfers. Who will be in charge of that?

11 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

Wouldn’t there have some conversation with Nige before he went? If there was, Nige wasn’t adamant that he was coming back…I thought RG would’ve have said “yes, of course, all being well”

I don't know about you but I get pissed off if my directors contacts me when I'm off sick. So no I don't think he would have had a conversation prior to going on, Nige needs to worry about getting better not about a Twentypiece interview.

4 minutes ago, Pezo said:

I don't know about you but I get pissed off if my directors contacts me when I'm off sick. So no I don't think he would have had a conversation prior to going on, Nige needs to worry about getting better not about a Twentypiece interview.

They would have been talking for sure. Currently going through the paperwork and can't announce his departure just yet perhaps ?, maybe there was a late issue as this whole interview had the whiff of that it was actually set up by the club for another reason as nothing of substance was revealed. Maybe he resigned but they are trying to talk him into staying after a break. Who knows but one thing is for sure we are now in the "worst of all worlds". No manager for weeks/months, a disorganised, demotivated shambles on the pitch, no money to change squad in January and I thought it couldn't get any worse.

5 minutes ago, Pezo said:

Oh, I meant before he went sick. Perhaps they didn’t have a chance, poor chap. 

3 minutes ago, VT05763 said:

They would have been talking for sure. Currently going through the paperwork and can't announce his departure just yet perhaps ?, maybe there was a late issue as this whole interview had the whiff of that it was actually set up by the club for another reason as nothing of substance was revealed. Maybe he resigned but they are trying to talk him into staying after a break. Who knows but one thing is for sure we are now in the "worst of all worlds". No manager for weeks/months, a disorganised, demotivated shambles on the pitch, no money to change squad in January and I thought it couldn't get any worse.

The first half of your post is all assumptions and conjecture, why would he resign and then RG think oh I know I will go on GT?

My own conjecture - I think you are probably projecting your hopes onto the interview.

The second half - yeah we're ******!

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Pezo said:

The first half of your post is all assumptions and conjecture, why would he resign and then RG think oh I know I will go on GT?

My own conjecture - I think you are probably projecting your hopes onto the interview.

The second half - yeah we're ******!

Maybe he had resigned and they had someone lined up and that fell through ?

Yep all guess work as you say but they would have talked for sure, ill or not and that interview was set up for another reason, that is obvious.

5 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

Oh, I meant before he went sick. Perhaps they didn’t have a chance, poor chap. 

Oh I see, the interview has been organised after NP went off sick.

I think this was organised because of the social media backlash, there have been people on here and twitter asking what our direction is and RG needs to be able to say they aren't hiding.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, VT05763 said:

Yep all guess work as you say but they would have talked for sure, ill or not and that interview was set up for another reason, that is obvious.

Hmmm we will have to agree to disagree, I think that interview was organised because fans are looking for answers and were asking the SL, JL and RG to answer questions through social media, RG realised he had to fill the chasm of non information flying around so rather than directly respond on social media and set that expectation he went on GT.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, The Bard said:

I despair sometimes.  The man volunteered to go on that and fielded a load of questions a lot of which were disingenuous  a lot of which he couldn't say anything and a lot of which isn't his place to answer (eg where do we need to strengthen).

It's called leadership. Fronting up when times are tough.

Ashton would've hid.

100% He can’t give a definitive answer on when NP will be back as. 1 He’s not a doctor 2 it seems he has long covid , so no one knows. 
It’s not RG’s job to talk about on field matters. He’s a CEO not a director of football or manager. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, bristol red said:

I’m sorry… I admit I ain’t the brightest cookie in the jar… but.. what the xxxx does Gould do? What is his actual role? Did he play football?;  had he managed a football team?; had he had dealings with footballers agents?… sorry I may be completely wrong but as I see it… WTF??

He’s not a football person. He’s a business man . His job is to run BCFC as a business. He’s nothing to do with the actual  football side of things. 
If you look at the progress he made with Somerset ccc & Surrey ccc you’ll see where his skill set is. 

28 minutes ago, VT05763 said:

No it’s not bloody obvious . Stop with guess work & conspiracy theories. GT said the club got in contact to come on, for one obvious reason. Confusion about why NP isn’t around & the anger of the capitulation of the last week. 
just making stuff up is embarrassing . 

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Pezo said:

Hmmm we will have to agree to disagree, I think that interview was organised because fans are looking for answers and were asking the SL, JL and RG to answer questions through social media, RG realised he had to fill the chasm of non information flying around so rather than directly respond on social media and set that expectation he went on GT.

fair enough.

7 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

No it’s not bloody obvious . Stop with guess work & conspiracy theories. GT said the club got in contact to come on, for one obvious reason. Confusion about why NP isn’t around & the anger of the capitulation of the last week. 
just making stuff up is embarrassing . 

Morning Karen.

Just now, VT05763 said:

fair enough.

Morning Karen.

Any update on the new manager you want, how to turn us around & our new playing philosophy yet pep ? I’ve only been asking for about a week . You’ve still yet to reply . 
you’re obviously going in to very fine detail on this, I understand. What with that & the conspiracy theories . You’re a busy boy. I’ll let you crack on oh great one. 

18 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

100% He can’t give a definitive answer on when NP will be back as. 1 He’s not a doctor 2 it seems he has long covid , so no one knows. 
It’s not RG’s job to talk about on field matters. He’s a CEO not a director of football or manager. 

Why on earth do that interview then, we didn't want to know how the club shop is doing. All questions were going to be about NP.

Amusing to read the responses here, and the speculation about the manager's health - see my separate thread, in which my question about Pearson's long-term health results in getting slaughtered.

What's Gould supposed to say? By law, you can't get rid of someone who's legitimately ill without their consent. And there's a lot of uncertainty and unknowns about long COVID (if that's what it is*). So he's hardly going to announce on air that we're binning an employee. 

*Source: I've got it

• Like 1

1 minute ago, steviestevieneville said:

Any update on the new manager you want, how to turn us around & our new playing philosophy yet pep ? I’ve only been asking for about a week . You’ve still yet to reply . 
you’re obviously going in to very fine detail on this, I understand. What with that & the conspiracy theories . You’re a busy boy. I’ll let you crack on oh great one. 

Ryan Lowe. Playing a system that suits our squad. Intensive work on the training ground, creating a positive culture within the players and giving them confidence, allowing players to dribble.

But just my opinion and if you are happy with the  "poor mans Wimbledon" disorganised shambles that has been on offer then season then that is fine.

3 minutes ago, SecretSam said:

Amusing to read the responses here, and the speculation about the manager's health - see my separate thread, in which my question about Pearson's long-term health results in getting slaughtered.

What's Gould supposed to say? By law, you can't get rid of someone who's legitimately ill without their consent. And there's a lot of uncertainty and unknowns about long COVID (if that's what it is*). So he's hardly going to announce on air that we're binning an employee. 

*Source: I've got it

Correct, so why do the interview ? serious question.