IGNORED

Press

Bs4Red

I think at times like this, this is where communication is vital.  Clearly the club has issues already (financial challenges and FFP etc) which are trying to be managed carefully, and these are obviously very difficult times what with results/performances on the pitch. 

The club really need to be more transparent in the plan/strategy for this season and expectations so that fans can start to get on board with it - or at least disagree but know the objectives.  Appreciate things like this come in left field and cannot always be planned for but this just highlights the importance of communication to steady the ship in a storm. 

Fingers crossed we get some clear messages later.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Rocky said:

Another 'proven' manager that goes horribly wrong, Coppell before and no wonder SL doesn't go big more often.

Coppell had a track record of being out of and in love with football before Reading.

Nige was a risk with the real battering he took from CoVID the first time around.

SL's problem is that he only goes for the big appointment when the backend (finances, directors) is completely ****ed.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, RedM said:

IF, and it’s a big IF that anything is going to be announced that is the most likely thing I am expecting.

I cannot imagine our club sacking a manager that is away ill if he still is.*

*As a side note my sister had a big stomach operation and was recovering in hospital when her company, a big national company, visited her at at her bedside made her redundant. That was over 20 yearsxago so I guess employment law might give some protection now, it was way harsh at the time though.

Beeb did the same with someone I knew who was recovering from liver cancer. So much for their caring employer schtick.

By contrast, ITV stood by my mate for 6 years during his cancer battle. Gave him light duties. Paid him in full even when he was off following a chemo-related cardiac arrest. When he died, the head of ITV News even came to the funeral.  Full marks them!

• Like 8

5 minutes ago, robin_unreliant said:

Still no specifics on when this press conference is due. I'm still hoping this is just a wind up. Or perhaps the club coming out to publicly support Nige until he recovers and letting us know what's going on. Which contradicts what I just said. Don't take any notice of me, I'm just mentally ****** after last week's trauma. 

Bristol live have said no press conference 

18 minutes ago, CodeRed said:

You jest ? but that wouldn't actually surprise me. 

"Lee has unfinished business here, he was hampered by recruitment team before, learned a lot at Sunderland, he comes back a better manager" said Steve Lansdown. "I'll be giving him my "full" backing"

" Now we can leave everything to Lee while the board get on with important business matters" Said Chairman Jon Lansdown talking from his sunbed in Bermuda.

Just imagine if Amazon did a fly on the wall documentary about Bristol City FC over the last 12 months.
Titled “Shambles at City”

So the best argument I’m hearing for appointing Colin W is “Well, we are playing s*** anyway so might as well get in the man who has taken s*** football and made it an art form.”

Even if he did keep us up this year we’d be back in exactly the same predicament come next season.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1