IGNORED

Press

Bs4Red

5 minutes ago, !james said:

I quite enjoyed today, I am hoping for something similar tomorrow to get me through the week. 

Thankfully I've got a round trip via the car to Truro tomorrow. A bit of relief from the mad soap opera that is Bristol City FC. 

No doubt I will log back on Wednesday morning for some more madness!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Midlands Robin said:

Just found out what happened. One of the blokes who works on security at the RHPC is a chap called Piers. Well, his lad, Nigel makes a quality homemade Perry using a specific brand of pear.

This led to one staff member at the training ground being overheard telling another:

"Nigel, Piers son, Press conference this afternoon"

Easy mistake to make.

Stand down OTIB.

“Great Boo’s up Edmund”…

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, DaveF said:

Those rumours ...

Just to be clear, Nigel Pearson very much remains Bristol City manager.

Everything you've read/retweeted this afternoon isn't true.

People should probably stop speculating about a man's health.

Story follows ...

Who are they to tell us to stop speculating?

Agree his health is his own private business but clearly the rumours are on a wider subject than the specifics of his well being.

Edited by Gazred
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, DaveF said:

Those rumours ...

Just to be clear, Nigel Pearson very much remains Bristol City manager.

Everything you've read/retweeted this afternoon isn't true.

People should probably stop speculating about a man's health.

Story follows ...

Ark at the post acting all holier than thou. They are the kings of clickbait 

• Like 3
  • Flames 3

I think Gould will give an update with Twentyman later on the city chat. I would guess its a statement that Nige is taking time out to recover and Shakespeare will join Fleming. Pearson wont walk away. Just needs to get well and then will return imo

Edited by Tomo
  • Like 2

I do think it is a remarkable statement of the pressures of football and the expectations of people connected with it to be superhuman that a manager missing a game due to sickness leads to a twenty page thread and people convinced there must be more going on we don't know about. 

Edited by LondonBristolian
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Gazred said:

Who are they to tell us to stop speculating?

Agree his health is his own private business but clearly the rumours are on a wider subject than the specifics of his well being.

I think the problem is the 2+2 here. I don’t think it’s disrespectful in any way to muse that a man who has had Covid twice, is financially secure, has a life outside football and I think suffered a family bereavement recently may decide, for want of a better term, he doesn’t need this shit and it’s impacting his health. (Against that, he clearly deeply wants to do the job or why else bomb out Downing and Simpson)

When those factors are in place, it’s quite easy for a believable rumour to be concocted that he has to step down due to ill health. And that’s where the 2+2 is, and the line probably is. It’s the difference between someone musing if his health is ok to stay in the job, and someone (not you), starting a rumour that he has to go due to ill health.

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

16 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

No problem at all with the op . He started a thread on the back of a trusted source. It could be wrong . It’s not the end of the world 

As I said mate he’s been spot on every time he’s given me information. I pass it on as people are interested. Many others have heard the same today. 

I’d post his info again with no hesitation sometimes it happens 

• Like 8

5 minutes ago, Tomo said:

I think Gould will give an update with Twentyman later on the city chat. I would guess its a statement that Nige is taking time out to recover and Shakespeare will join Fleming. Pearson wont walk away. Just needs to get well and then will return imo

That would be some good news.

56 minutes ago, phantom said:

Something intriguing going on, club now saying no presser scheduled - but person who messaged me has been spot on about everything else in the past 12-18 months or so...

perhaps it’s a colleen rooney style move to try and figure out who’s leaking what, 

its………