IGNORED

Press

Bs4Red

8 minutes ago, Tomo said:

I think Gould will give an update with Twentyman later on the city chat. I would guess its a statement that Nige is taking time out to recover and Shakespeare will join Fleming. Pearson wont walk away. Just needs to get well and then will return imo

Hope you are right Tomo

12 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Why the hell would we want to announce the appointment of a poet to manage the team in in Nigel's absence?

p.s. I doubt that the Bard could do any worse.

10 minutes ago, Vespa Red said:

Comedy of Errors etc etc etc

The taming of the shrewsbury

Romeo and Juliatyeo

Edited by The dastardly red
spelling!
  • Haha 1

To be fair to the OP a quick look at his posting history shows he started the Baker thread when he re signed and knew the opening fixtures etc before they were released so obviously some ITK... Everyone gets duff information from time to time but I hope he doesn't stop people posting what they have heard

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

I think the problem is the 2+2 here. I don’t think it’s disrespectful in any way to muse that a man who has had Covid twice, is financially secure, has a life outside football and I think suffered a family bereavement recently may decide, for want of a better term, he doesn’t need this shit and it’s impacting his health. (Against that, he clearly deeply wants to do the job or why else bomb out Downing and Simpson)

When those factors are in place, it’s quite easy for a believable rumour to be concocted that he has to step down due to ill health. And that’s where the 2+2 is, and the line probably is. It’s the difference between someone musing if his health is ok to stay in the job, and someone (not you), starting a rumour that he has to go due to ill health.

But I think even musing about his health is a bit of an imposition. I totally get why people would question whether he needs this nonsense in his life given everything he has going on but we live in a country where disabled people are twice as likely to be as non-disabled people and a key reason for that is pervasive nonsense that anyone who is not 100% fit and healthy, or who takes sick leave - incidentally disabled people take less sick leave on average than non-disabled people - is therefore unqualified to do a job.

Ultimately the fact this rumour has started at all is because this country holds a number of in-built prejudices about the ability of people with health conditions to hold down jobs. If there is no foundation to the rumour Pearson is leaving then I think it reveals a lot about the underlying attitudes of those who started that rumour in the first place. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, IAmNick said:

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/gould-on-sound-of-the-city/

"The City chief executive will update fans in conversation with Geoff Twentyman from 6pm."

Will update...? Interesting wording?

Some people who want a change of Manager are going to be so deflated.......it will be a bog standard update.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, !james said:

To be fair to the OP a quick look at his posting history shows he started the Baker thread when he re signed and knew the opening fixtures etc before they were released so obviously some ITK... Everyone gets duff information from time to time but I hope he doesn't stop people posting what they have heard

He has been right before.

As has @cheese in the past.

Just now, LondonBristolian said:

But I think even musing about his health is a bit of an imposition. I totally get why people would question whether he needs this nonsense in his life given everything he has going on but we live in a country where disabled people are twice as likely to be as non-disabled people and a key reason for that is pervasive nonsense that anyone who is not 100% fit and healthy, or who takes sick leave - incidentally disabled people take less sick leave on average than non-disabled people - is therefore unqualified to do a job.

Ultimately the fact this rumour has started at all is because this country holds a number of in-built prejudices about the ability of people with health conditions to hold down jobs. If there is no foundation to the rumour Pearson is leaving then I think it reveals a lot about the underlying attitudes of those who started that rumour in the first place. 

Have to agree on that although I think it's more a case of people almost "wanting" a certain scenario to be true which has caused 20 pages of complete and utter shite.

Just now, Numero Uno said:

Some people who want a change of Manager are going to be so deflated.......it will be a bog standard update.

Last time it said:

"City’s Chief Executive Officer will join Geoff Twentyman on the Sound of the City show from 6pm."

Think you're probably right though... suppose we'll know one way or the other in an hour!

20 minutes ago, Bs4Red said:

As I said mate he’s been spot on every time he’s given me information. I pass it on as people are interested. Many others have heard the same today. 

I’d post his info again with no hesitation sometimes it happens 

⬇️⬇️⬇️

10 minutes ago, !james said:

Yep, it appears people don’t understand that rumours don’t always turn out to be true.  Posting something you’ve heard isn’t wrong.

Sometimes you get told something that you think is worthy of posting, sometimes you hear something that you don’t, e.g. sensitive, or you don’t trust the person telling you.

You never know how first hand, second hand, third hand something is.

• Like 8

Just now, Davefevs said:

⬇️⬇️⬇️

Yep, it appears people don’t understand that rumours don’t always turn out to be true.  Posting something you’ve heard isn’t wrong.

Sometimes you get told something that you think is worthy of posting, sometimes you hear something that you don’t, e.g. sensitive, or you don’t trust the person telling you.

You never know how first hand, second hand, third hand something is.

Yep, I find the anger people show if a rumour turns out to be untrue to be weird. Most of the time, people post in good faith. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

What can people ‘fact check’ as such? It’s just someone hearing something and relaying it on here. 

RDA hasn’t been used as a genuine source, it’s just a coincidence he was saying similar so people are talking about him for a bit of a laugh. 

A credible source.

I believe the thread starters ‘source’ is Roy. It just took 5 pages for someone to put it together.