IGNORED

Press

Bs4Red

Just now, 054123 said:

Have there been any discussions initiated by either side Richard

”No that’s just Twitter speculation at this point”

So categorically he continues as the manger?

”That is what we want”

And Nigel wants to come back as soon as possible?

”im sure that’s the case”

Social media really is laughable……RG says what the situation is with Nige and straight away posters don’t believe him………….…….:cool2:

It really does crack me up………….:rofl2br:

1 minute ago, Robbored said:

So you think RG is being economical with the truth?

No, think Gould just doesn't know enough to give a definite answer at this stage. Difficult position for the club. A fit Pearson coming back would be good, but after two bouts of Covd and Long Covid there are no guarantees. Maybe some interim help would be a good idea.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, underhanded said:

I'm not saying the initial rumours are remotely true. But I'm struggling to grasp what the point of this interview is...

He's not saying anything

I suppose the point of the interview is to confirm that the Manager has a serious illness that may or may not be a long term thing and that the club want him back in the role but with such an illness this cannot be guaranteed. You would have to be a thick as pigs shit simpleton to go on record and say he's definitely going to be back. Clearly this situation will be ongoing which is why Gould has to be slightly evasive. It's not that hard to understand.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Just now, The Original OTIB said:

Sounds very unconvincing, names Rennie first with 1000 games, thinks he's a coach. Vague about Cisse. Sounds like a bloke with no knowledge of football trying to talk about it. Mr excuse, Mr bluster, thus far.

5 minutes ago, Robbored said:

So you think RG is being economical with the truth?

I think he’s doing his best fronting up the situation as best he can.

Hes done nothing wrong 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Rossi the Robin said:

What do you want him to say? 

I wasn’t convinced by his answers on Rennie and Cisse. Didn’t sound like he fully understood their roles.

Not good enough to talk in broad strokes about how we have ‘very good players’ when it’s clear we have holes in the squad. 

Didn’t sound convincing on Pearson - I appreciate it’s a tricky situation, but his answers won’t help reassure fans.

Edited by Phileas Fogg
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, The Original OTIB said:

All excuses, what depressing leadership. Says we have a play off squad on paper but can't compete with other clubs on finance. Contradiction there, all wishful thinking. Pen pusher, blagging it. Twentyman nailing him. Sounds a complete duffer.

That point I found laughable, the one about having a play off squad on paper. 

10 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Sounds like it to me. At the very least a bit evasive.

Agree. Sounds nervous, uncertain.

All he can say for certain is what the clubs position is, it appears that is Pearson to stay.

Simply my opinion but if there’s doubt on either side, and I think today has at very least suggested there is uncertainty on some level, id say it’s coming from Pearson’s side.

Edited by S_C

1 minute ago, Numero Uno said:

It sounds like Nige is very ill and cannot possibly prioritise his future with the football club right now, that's what it sounds like to any sane person.

and quite rightly the football club are giving him as much time i hope he gets well and comes back 

13 minutes ago, Globe Trotter said:

And he wants To come back when he can? 

‘yeah I’m sure that’s the case’ 

Did not sound convincing!

Yeah, very odd response. We read between the lines far too often but... You can't not read between the lines a bit on that.

• Like 1

Just now, The Original OTIB said:

All excuses, what depressing leadership. Says we have a play off squad on paper but can't compete with other clubs on finance. Contradiction there, all wishful thinking. Pen pusher, blagging it. Twentyman nailing him. Sounds a complete duffer.

Does he? What do you want him to say just out of interest? Said we should be nearer the play offs but difficult to compete with parachute payments. I’d argue we don’t have a play off challenging squad but he can’t say that can he?   We need to improve - we all agree. 

• Like 4

Just now, S_C said:

Agree. Sounds nervous, uncertain.

All he can say for certain is what the clubs position is, it appears that is Pearson to stay.

Simply my opinion but if there’s doubt on either side, and I think today has at very least suggested there is uncertainty on some level, id say its coming from Pearson’s side.

The guy has got long covid and may be expressing doubts about his ability to carry on in the job. Well I'm ******.

• Like 3