IGNORED

Press

Bs4Red

1 minute ago, Numero Uno said:

The guy has got long covid and may be expressing doubts about his ability to carry on in the job. Well I'm ******.

Not sure I follow.

Wasn't meant to be a state the obvious remark, more that in light of today it isn’t simply a case of he’s unwell and raring to return ASAP.

Seems to me they don't want to push Nige but aren't sure if he will jump. They are at least saying they are still behind him to get away from the twitter rumours. If Nige is genuinely unsure how his health will be then what more can they say. They either make the call or wait for him to decide if he's up to coming back. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Red-Robbo said:

How disappointing. 

No news, no answers to how we might improve: just vague platitudes. 

its not his job to improve how we are playing, he's a CEO not a coach or a manager, his job is to improve the commercial aspects of the club and over see that

• Like 9

Just now, Red-Robbo said:

How disappointing. 

Not sure what else he can say.  Our manager is ill, there is no return date but we still want him as manager.

Our season is pretty much on hold until (1) NP recovers or (2) NP decides he's not coming back. 

I respect the fact the club have tried to put us into the picture over what is happening at the club when there is very little to say.

1 minute ago, richyy66 said:

Summary is Pearson is unwell and cannot put a time frame on when he comes back - Club would like him back but Nige not up to it at the moment.

Nothing we didn't know already

What we need therefore is for Gould to come up with some answers as to how we will manage during this uncertain time.

Having Curtis Fleming effectively manage by himself doesn't seem a good look given the way the team is flatlining.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LoyalRed said:

Not sure what else he can say.  Our manager is ill, there is no return date but we still want him as manager.

Our season is pretty much on hold until (1) NP recovers or (2) NP decides he's not coming back. 

I respect the fact the club have tried to put us into the picture over what is happening at the club when there is very little to say.

Has someone told the EFL this?

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Roe said:

I'm not sure what the point of this interview is because this is just embarrassing at the moment.

I imagine just to allay rumours over Pearson, that and may be just to keep someone from the club giving fans news. Everyone moans when they don't.

2 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

How disappointing. 

He's CEO, can't really comment on the first team without stepping on toes.

1 minute ago, One Team said:

No shits given by GT he’s asking the key questions.

He is very good, respected by the club and gets answers.

1 minute ago, LoyalRed said:

The only thing I would say is that there must be a short term plan in place given the uncertainty of the situation. The obvious thing is to give it to Fleming for a few weeks but he can't do the whole thing on his own which is not far off where he currently stands tbh.

1 minute ago, Red-Robbo said:

How disappointing. 

It’s an odd interview I agree.  Especially if it was actually requested by City.  But we all moaned when Ashton never appeared other than when everything was rosy so at least he has fronted up. But not really sure what he could say other than what he did. GT focused a lot on on the pitch matters which RG would and did struggle to answer.  As others have said people moaned when Ashton appeared too involved and are now moaning that RG isn’t.

Guess the premise of the interview overall was that he just felt he had to update on NP’s position and got caught in the headlights somewhat on some other issues.  But at least he took it on. 

• Like 3

Just now, 054123 said:

Are you convinced that he would return to come back to mange the football club?

”I would very much hope so but we’re talking about a health issue here”

I’m not sat here with a tin foil hat, but something isn’t right is it?

no he's ill with what sounds like Long Covid, something isn't right, ie he isn't fit enough to do his job currently, 

1 minute ago, David Brent said:

Those usually reliable sources are a lot less credible now then.

Richard sounded more Brent than me when discussing our playing style 

It’s not his job and I thought GT was slightly naughty in pushing those areas of questioning tbh. 

• Like 1