IGNORED

Press

Bs4Red

3 hours ago, soultrader said:

Is it possible your mate has been fed spurious info from within the club to see if there is a leak?

I reckon BS4 and me had the same source directly / indirectly.  And I know Dave Barton has shown an “interest” in him in the past.

Having said that I don’t think this was a trap.  Looks like a 2+2=5 around a combination of events, e.g. libellous rumour that started at about 8am yesterday, RG doing a club media video, requesting to go on 20Man and another rumour of a press conference being called too which Gregor was said to have confirmed.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I reckon BS4 and me had the same source directly / indirectly.  And I know Dave Barton has shown an “interest” in him in the past.

Having said that I don’t think this was a trap.  Looks like a 2+2=5 around a combination of events, e.g. libellous rumour that started at about 8am yesterday, RG doing a club media video, requesting to go on 20Man and another rumour of a press conference being called too which Gregor was said to have confirmed.

Interestingly, Gregor didn’t a tweet thing yesterday. I think he is well and truly out of the loop and will have to Rely on writing opinion pieces. Seems a strange career move to go freelance.

5 minutes ago, Henry said:

Interestingly, Gregor didn’t a tweet thing yesterday. I think he is well and truly out of the loop and will have to Rely on writing opinion pieces. Seems a strange career move to go freelance.

Journalists need to keep their powder dry until they are 100% sure of the facts, so he did the right thing.

It may be that the club DID offer Pearson the option of walking away due to ill health and he replied words to the effect of "No, I'll be OK, just give me a little time".

There is usually a peppercorn of truth in every rumour, and this may have been why- earlier in the day - someone from the club made the assumption that Nige would be going. 

5 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Journalists need to keep their powder dry until they are 100% sure of the facts, so he did the right thing.

It may be that the club DID offer Pearson the option of walking away due to ill health and he replied words to the effect of "No, I'll be OK, just give me a little time".

There is usually a peppercorn of truth in every rumour, and this may have been why- earlier in the day - someone from the club made the assumption that Nige would be going. 

Yep, if he guesses or jumps to a conclusion that turns out not to be true , he either . Gets dogs abuse , loses credibility , alienates the club, or all 3.
I've listened to Gould a couple of times and when he says "that's what we want", when asked about Nige coming back . The next question was "does he want to come back"?  To that Gould says "I'm sure he does". I'm probably reading too much into it, but that sounds like Nige hasn't been asked, or he hasn't said.
Now we can waffle on for ages trying to get something out of nothing. You do that as a Journo , and your reputation goes pretty quickly. Unless you're on Twitter, then it seems you can post what you dream something and Tweet it.

• Like 4

Interestingly I was speaking to an Academy coach about City today (dont have a name) and found him totally disrespectful towards NP.

"Never should have been appointed, dinosaur, knows nothing, should drop Matty James and play youngsters, should be sacked"

If this is the sort of attitude that some of the backroom staff have towards our Manager then what do they tell our Players and youth players. It doesn't exactly look good on the club at all. 

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, redsquirrel said:

might this academy coach have a gripe? sounds a bit strong against someone who could have him relieved if he wanted at any given time

Potentially. I just think if that's the attitude some within the club have towards our Manager, it's not a good look at all

Jesus what a mess this has become. If the academy coaches are not on board with "the plan"., how many others are anti Pearson.?  Someone needs to grab this club by the balls, if we have any, and sort it out.  We roll from crisis to crisis without a leader or direction.

29 minutes ago, 2015 said:

Interestingly I was speaking to an Academy coach about City today (dont have a name) and found him totally disrespectful towards NP.

"Never should have been appointed, dinosaur, knows nothing, should drop Matty James and play youngsters, should be sacked"

If this is the sort of attitude that some of the backroom staff have towards our Manager then what do they tell our Players and youth players. It doesn't exactly look good on the club at all. 

Don't believe this can be true for one second?

As @Kid in the Riot said hes given debuts to a huge amount of academy players and has more creditability than our last 2 managers by an absolute mile.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, 2015 said:

Believe what you want, I know the conversation I had and wouldn't lie about it.

What sort of age group Academy coach are we talking about….e.g. how far down the age groups?  Wouldn’t ask you to say he’s the u18s or anything that might divulge possible people it could be.

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

What sort of age group Academy coach are we talking about….e.g. how far down the age groups?  Wouldn’t ask you to say he’s the u18s or anything that might divulge possible people it could be.

A brief discussion, didn't get into too much details about age groups and who he coaches in particular. As soon as City were mentioned all the stuff quoted was what was said and it ended at that, not impressed.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

We don't even have any academy centre mids to play in our first team.

Other than Owers who played a bit for Bath. Kadji is the one that looks like he could be special one day, but now? Would be surprised if he's ready. Only just stepped up to 23s level.

It’s quite funny isn’t it….our centre mid v Cov contained….Massengo 20, Scott 18 and Bakinson 23 (last month). ??‍♂️

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, 2015 said:

A brief discussion, didn't get into too much details about age groups and who he coaches in particular. As soon as City were mentioned all the stuff quoted was what was said and it ended at that, not impressed.

I’m not calling you a liar - but I find it astonishing that a club employee would be so loose lipped in such a short conversation with a stranger.

If that is the case, I’d say the problem is with that guy.

• Like 6

• Admin
7 hours ago, soultrader said:

Is it possible your mate has been fed spurious info from within the club to see if there is a leak?

The club have previous for this... the name escapes me now but there was the story of a player coming from a Scottish club that was leaked, and was never going to happen

46 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

I’m not calling you a liar - but I find it astonishing that a club employee would be so loose lipped in such a short conversation with a stranger.

If that is the case, I’d say the problem is with that guy.

I'd guess it's someone who coaches one of the younger age groups and is part-time.

By the sound of it, their day job might just be full-time moron. 

• Like 1