IGNORED

Press

Bs4Red

1 minute ago, Dullmoan Tone said:

But the style of football??

Would you sit through 6 months of packed defences just to possibly stay up?

With all due respect yes! Whatever gets served up can not be worse than what we have been put through for years, yet we still take thousands away. 

18 minutes ago, !james said:

Depends how you defined 'worked out'. Took over with them 21st and in big danger of going down under Woodgate, 8 games - 4 won, 4 lost. Kept them up and finished 17th. First full season finished 10th. I would take that... 

Oh come on, if it worked out that well they wouldn't have sacked him. Woodgate was doing a really bad job there with a team which had finished 5th and 7th the two previous years.

Edited by RonWalker

4 minutes ago, Dullmoan Tone said:

But the style of football??

Would you sit through 6 months of packed defences just to possibly stay up?

I’d rather sit through 6 months of packed defences to stay up. That would be better than 6 months of shambolic defending resulting in relegation 

5 minutes ago, Dredd said:

If it ends up being Colin we are gonna see some real dark arts football till the end of the season

If we’d had some dark arts this season we would have been able to see out matches, instead of throwing away points in the last few minutes 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Supersonic Robin said:

After the last few weeks I'd sit through just about anything to stay up.

It's not like we've been good to watch over the last 2 years anyway!

Exactly. We've had 2-3 years of shit football and struggling with home wins. I for one would take a warnock style if it meant we won 

• Hmmm 1

Maybe this isn't the thread, but these things don't usually happen overnight.  

On field performances could well be linked to the mental wellness of the manager who sadly may have been struggling for a few weeks. I always got the impression players backed NP, so it could be a case of the atmosphere / culture taking nose-dive recently that brings us to this point.

Sad times but we need to believe it's a recoverable situation as it not even halfway through the season, new belief & ideas might just give us a fresh impetus.

3 minutes ago, HIGHRIDGE BCFC said:

Steve Lansdown waiting for Sunderland to sack Lee Johnson before reappointing him!

You jest ? but that wouldn't actually surprise me. 

"Lee has unfinished business here, he was hampered by recruitment team before, learned a lot at Sunderland, he comes back a better manager" said Steve Lansdown. "I'll be giving him my "full" backing"

" Now we can leave everything to Lee while the board get on with important business matters" Said Chairman Jon Lansdown talking from his sunbed in Bermuda.

• Like 1
  • Haha 11