IGNORED

Press

Bs4Red

2 minutes ago, LoyalRed said:

Not sure what else he can say.  Our manager is ill, there is no return date but we still want him as manager.

Our season is pretty much on hold until (1) NP recovers or (2) NP decides he's not coming back. 

I respect the fact the club have tried to put us into the picture over what is happening at the club when there is very little to say.

See my last comment.  

There is a problem. What are the club going to do about it?

Long Covid symptoms can incapacitate people for many months. I know someone who has been off work since January with it. Had to close his carpentry business. 

• Like 1

Very unconvinced by that. That’s my first time hearing Gould and length and being truthful I felt it was a poor interview - not just on the Pearson situation. 

Lots of filler on needing to ‘work hard’ and how we have ‘good players’. Had to really press him to get firm answers on Massengo etc. Excuses, which aren’t necessarily untrue, about competing with PP clubs. Didn’t seem to understand coaches roles either and a predictable safe answer about solutions to improving the atmosphere. 

I’m sure he’s a very nice guy, and I appreciate it’s a tricky situation, but I felt he really sounds like a Lansdown man. Decent, polite and won’t really rock the boat. That as a first impression hasn’t impressed me and I’m not really sure it’s what the club needs. 

Full credit to him for coming on though, and hopefully my first impression is wrong. Credit to Geoff for pressing him too. He asked the questions the fans wanted to hear.

Edited by Phileas Fogg
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, 054123 said:

Are you convinced that he would return to come back to mange the football club?

”I would very much hope so but we’re talking about a health issue here”

I’m not sat here with a tin foil hat, but something isn’t right is it?

Let's just hope you don't get long covid and at the same time people take to the forum to speculate about you. Of course something isn't right - what is so complicated about that?

• Like 1

Just now, Monkeh said:

no he's ill with what sounds like Long Covid, something isn't right, ie he isn't fit enough to do his job currently, 

Yeah, what I mean is it sounds like there is a very real chance he won’t return and those discussions have been had.

Please don’t think I’m taking his health situation lightly. 

5 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

its not his job to improve how we are playing, he's a CEO not a coach or a manager, his job is to improve the commercial aspects of the club and over see that

It isn't my job to do the software development,  but if a critical member of my team falls ill and it jeopardises a project, it IS my job to find a work around.

The club seems to be simply crossing their fingers and hoping NP is back soon. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Social media really is laughable……RG says what the situation is with Nige and straight away posters don’t believe him………….…….:cool2:

It really does crack me up………….:rofl2br:

Those answers were so solid I feel like building a block of flats on them ?

2 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

See my last comment.  

Long Covid symptoms can incapacitate people for many months. I know someone who has been off work since January with it. Had to close his carpentry business. 

That's the key for me. Pearson's situation will take as long as it needs to take but we can't completely throw the towel in. Someone in a leadership position at the club needs to show a bit of leadership. If it's Curtis Fleming, fine, if it's Colin on a three month contract then so be it BUT something needs to be thought out.

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

11 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

How disappointing. 

No news, no answers to how we might improve: just vague platitudes. 

Agreed. Just posted on the other thread - not much point in agreeing to do an interview with a chap like Geoff if you really have nothing to say.

Lots of wishful thinking. All too cosy and complacent. 

Not a great deal more impressed by Gould than I was by Ashton to be honest...and that really is saying something!  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Let's just hope you don't get long covid and at the same time people take to the forum to speculate about you. Of course something isn't right - what is so complicated about that?

What?

I don’t think anyones done anything wrong. By the sounds of it there is a very good chance Nige might not continue due to health grounds. Richard Gould has done what he can to answer questions without saying this has been discussed .

Youll have to help me out here. 

Edited by 054123

Just now, Johnny Musicworks said:

I guess that it’s possible that Nige has offered to resign (sparking the rumours) but it has not been accepted and Gould has now had to front up whilst the Lansdowns decide on temporary measures.

Not a completely unlikely situation especially given those strange answers by Gould. Would explain the categorical ‘no’ re: Shakespeare.

1 minute ago, Red-Robbo said:

It isn't my job to do the software development,  but if a critical member of my team falls ill and it jeopardises a project, it IS my job to find a work around.

The club seems to be simply crossing their fingers and hoping NP is back soon. 

so what do you want gould to do? interfere in first team affairs like Mark Ashton?

Pick the team?

take training?

or leave the assistant manager to step up and cover the managers role while the manager is off sick

• Like 1

Surprised with Nige out for an unspecified time we’re not bringing in someone to help with the load. But I think it’s the right call to keep Nige on and to wait until he’s ready (now I’ve calmed down post Saturday). Unless we continue to plummet and he’s still unwell, not sure what we do then. Need to get behind Fleming and hope Nige is back and ready for our favourable run of fixtures starting in a few weeks time. This is going to be a tough season so the club are going to need us. We’re far from relegated yet ladies and gents. COYR

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

See my last comment.  

If not months then for years. I was diagnosed with similar long term symptoms in 1986 so I wish him the very best of luck. He'll have to "listen" to his own body rather than the people around him. 

• Sad 1
  • Robin 1

1 minute ago, Johnny Musicworks said:

I guess that it’s possible that Nige has offered to resign (sparking the rumours) but it has not been accepted and Gould has now had to front up whilst the Lansdowns decide on temporary measures.

I really hope someone is thinking about temporary measures!

Not so long ago we had an a manager, an assistant and two coaches. 

Now we effectively only have one of those men - and the team is all over the shop.

It calls for action .

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BCFCGav said:

Surprised with Nige out for an unspecified time we’re not bringing in someone to help with the load. But I think it’s the right call to keep Nige on and to wait until he’s ready (now I’ve calmed down post Saturday). Unless we continue to plummet and he’s still unwell, not sure what we do then. Need to get behind Fleming and hope Nige is back and ready for our favourable run of fixtures starting in a few weeks time. This is going to be a tough season so the club are going to need us. We’re far from relegated yet ladies and gents. COYR

But at the moment Fleming is on his Jack Jones. He needs some help tbf.

• Like 1

Just now, chinapig said:

So we may now face months where the entire show will be run by a recently appointed assistant manager and a temporarily promoted u23 coach? That should stop the rot then.

It's not insurmountable....................until you realise this is Bristol City ownership and boardroom management we are talking about.