IGNORED

Press

Bs4Red

1 minute ago, BCFCGav said:

Surprised with Nige out for an unspecified time we’re not bringing in someone to help with the load. But I think it’s the right call to keep Nige on and to wait until he’s ready (now I’ve calmed down post Saturday). Unless we continue to plummet and he’s still unwell, not sure what we do then. Need to get behind Fleming and hope Nige is back and ready for our favourable run of fixtures starting in a few weeks time. This is going to be a tough season so the club are going to need us. We’re far from relegated yet ladies and gents. COYR

Thay have to keep Nige on they cant sack someone off sick 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

so what do you want gould to do? interfere in first team affairs like Mark Ashton?

Pick the team?

take training?

or leave the assistant manager to step up and cover the managers role while the manager is off sick

No. But find someone who bloody can.

Unless your idea is to let Fleming continue on his todd indefinitely. 

That option doesn't seem to be working, does it?

My take on it is that Nige has been ill for longer than admitted, and may have taken on too much by taking job on. Its now coming to a head as Nige cannot do what he was employed to do. Nige (proud man) doesn't want to walk and bcfc doesn't want him to go. However, both are thinking about what is best for Nige and the club and, it's obvious, the guys health comes first and we cannot dither about with the team in free fall. I'm sure both will come to the same conclusion if not already done so. It's just a matter of when and how.

• Like 8

Couple of quick points:

- One word I do associate heavily with Pearson is integrity. I can quite believe he’d offer to resign if he thought it was the best thing for the club bearing in mind the situation.

- That being said, I don’t think, as most don’t, that having NP out for an indeterminate term and no interim is tenable. As an organisation, Bristol Sport have been here before - Matt Beard taking over from Tanya Oxtoby. There is absolutely nothing wrong with short term help, and it’s best for all parties

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Let's just hope you don't get long covid and at the same time people take to the forum to speculate about you. Of course something isn't right - what is so complicated about that?

Why are you deliberately misinterpreting what people are saying?

Everyone wishes Pearson the best. Everyone agrees that whatever does or doesn’t happen Pearson’s health is the most important thing. Absolutely, people shouldn’t speculate on his health, that’s inappropriate.

When someone says ‘something isn’t right’ they clearly understand the man is unwell and, I would hope and assume, wish him well. The point is there’s a difference between the fumbling uncertainty Gould just provided (and I’m not trying to criticise him in that respect) and him saying ‘We’ve spoken to Nigel, obviously he’s unwell at present, we take it as it comes of course but he’s clearly expressed his desire to return ASAP’.

Pointing out that Gould’s responses were unconvincing shouldn’t be met with ‘Oh what so you don’t give a shit that he’s ill!?’

What kind of nonsense is that!?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Just now, billywedlock said:

What are you not convinced about ? That nige is ill ? That neither he nor the club know when he will recover ? 

I’m not convinced that Nige comes back, I’m not convinced that the club haven’t had those discussions with him.

I personally inferred from those answers that the club don’t know if Nige wants to come back. 

I have been a big Nige advocate and I was hoping that Richard was going to say that obviously Nige is sadly unwell but we’ve talked to him and he can’t wait to get bet to full fitness and come back.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Cornacix the Druid said:

My take on it is that Nige has been ill for longer than admitted, and may have taken on too much by taking job on. Its now coming to a head as Nige cannot do what he was employed to do. Nige (proud man) doesn't want to walk and bcfc doesn't want him to go. However, both are thinking about what is best for Nige and the club and, it's obvious, the guys health comes first and we cannot dither about with the team in free fall. I'm sure both will come to the same conclusion if not already done so. It's just a matter of when and how.

Completely agree. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, TomF said:

I’d be getting Shakespeare in ASAP. If we want Nigel back he’s his true right hand man and knows the score 

No-one can be sure when - or even if - Pearson will be back at work. Everything's up in the air.

On that basis, I'm not sure why Shakespeare would want to come here, at least until there's much more clarity about Pearson's situation 

Edited by Merrick's Marvels
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

That's the key for me. Pearson's situation will take as long as it needs to take but we can't completely throw the towel in. Someone in a leadership position at the club needs to show a bit of leadership. If it's Curtis Fleming, fine, if it's Colin on a three month contract then so be it BUT something needs to be thought out.

That’s my concern, I just don’t have a lot of faith in those taking up the temporary reins. Just guessing but it might be that NP has had less involvement that we previously understood. If he has long Covid then it has been for a while. So were those assisting him having more of an influence, and the results down to them? Bit worrying if that is what we limping on with.

As we all know the trouble with Covid is that if affects individuals so differently, we have no idea about the time scales of long Covid. Harsh, but it has to be thought about is the fact that we cannot carry on, possibly get relegated and then NP decides he needs to leave. 

I don’t think either party can afford to let things drift. I got a feeling NP will be given a little time, maybe a month or so and then he will be paid off due to his health. That way he can leave with dignity, whereas at the moment taking his heath out of the equation that doesn’t look possible.

The next few weeks will be a turning point, one way or the other for all.

26 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Very unconvinced by that. That’s my first time hearing Gould and length and being truthful I felt it was a poor interview - not just on the Pearson situation. 

Lots of filler on needing to ‘work hard’ and how we have ‘good players’. Had to really press him to get firm answers on Massengo etc. Excuses, which aren’t necessarily untrue, about competing with PP clubs. Didn’t seem to understand coaches roles either and a predictable safe answer about solutions to improving the atmosphere. 

I’m sure he’s a very nice guy, and I appreciate it’s a tricky situation, but I felt he really sounds like a Lansdown man. Decent, polite and won’t really rock the boat. That as a first impression hasn’t impressed me and I’m not really sure it’s what the club needs. 

Full credit to him for coming on though, and hopefully my first impression is wrong. Credit to Geoff for pressing him too. He asked the questions the fans wanted to hear.

What do you want him to say in regards to the football questions ? He’s not a football man , he’s a businessman unlike the last fraud . It’s not his job to answer questions on tactics etc. 

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

See my last comment.  

There is a problem. What are the club going to do about it?

Long Covid symptoms can incapacitate people for many months. I know someone who has been off work since January with it. Had to close his carpentry business. 

Not sure what they can do, it’s a very difficult situation.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RedM said:

That’s my concern, I just don’t have a lot of faith in those taking up the temporary reins. Just guessing but it might be that NP has had less involvement that we previously understood. If he has long Covid then it has been for a while. So were those assisting him having more of an influence, and the results down to them? Bit worrying if that is what we limping on with.

As we all know the trouble with Covid is that if affects individuals so differently, we have no idea about the time scales of long Covid. Harsh, but it has to be thought about is the fact that we cannot carry on, possibly get relegated and then NP decides he needs to leave. 

I don’t think either party can afford to let things drift. I got a feeling NP will be given a little time, maybe a month or so and then he will be paid off due to his health. That way he can leave with dignity, whereas at the moment taking his heath out of the equation that doesn’t look possible.

The next few weeks will be a turning point, one way or the other for all.

Think the club has to do something in the next fortnight. There is a massive month coming up for the team and help of some sort is needed as can't see NP being back for a while.

Richard Gould. He didn't sound convincing from what I heard but I missed the first 5-6 mins so will reserve judgement.

Nige. Hopefully his health issues fix themselves. That has to be the most important thing here, a real gesture, sign of faith would be to make an approach for Shakespeare.

If he does he have to step down on health grounds though, where the hell do we go from here.

If it's Fleming etc for the foreseeable ie the current and only the current coaching staff, then ahead of 9 games in 44 days following the International break then that has to be a worry.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

1 minute ago, LoyalRed said:

Not sure what they can do, it’s a very difficult situation.  

Add to the coaching team or allow NP to step back for, say, six months, and appoint a temporary manager.

As a CEO you are paid to solve problems. Deal with difficult decisions. In a word "manage". 

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

Just now, Dynamite Red said:

I still like the idea of appointing Shakespeare as Head Coach with Pearson becoming director of football, this makes more sense now given the circumstances. 

I’ve thought the same, the only ‘issue’ I see with the DOF role is that I’m sure it’s been said previously that NP doesn’t like dealing with agents etc, and that would have to be part of the role surely? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dynamite Red said:

I still like the idea of appointing Shakespeare as Head Coach with Pearson becoming director of football, this makes more sense now given the circumstances. 

Exactly what I was thinking. A permanent replacement of manager and Nige to poss come back as DoF when he's ready.  

Just now, billywedlock said:

I’m not sure what’s happened to this forum . Maybe lockdown , social unrest , life delusion s but there was a time when supporters got supporting when the going got tough . All we get now is a competition to state how many ways we can describe being distraught , outraged and disgusted , followed by demands for answers . So many talking about problems but with no solutions proposed. You know that person at work I’m sure. 

I dearly hope we never have another war to fight because it would be over pretty damn quick .

Stop bleating and get supporting . If you have not yet worked out what a tough period this is for our club then you must be an ostrich.

proper football chat is great but this moanathon is not. 

Totally agree although it's been like this long before lockdown. The first time I really noticed it was during LJ's 8-game losing streak, people in a permanent state of hysterical outrage where answers are demanded but none of them are acceptable when they come.

• Like 2

Just now, Red Army 87 said:

I’ve thought the same, the only ‘issue’ I see with the DOF role is that I’m sure it’s been said previously that NP doesn’t like dealing with agents etc, and that would have to be part of the role surely? 

I would have him looking at the entire club and be hands on when ready, I would appoint Steve Walsh to head up recruitment who would deal with the agents with Gould 

• Like 1