Jump to content
IGNORED

Press


Bs4Red
 Share

Recommended Posts

Interestingly I was speaking to an Academy coach about City today (dont have a name) and found him totally disrespectful towards NP.

"Never should have been appointed, dinosaur, knows nothing, should drop Matty James and play youngsters, should be sacked"

If this is the sort of attitude that some of the backroom staff have towards our Manager then what do they tell our Players and youth players. It doesn't exactly look good on the club at all. 

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, redsquirrel said:

might this academy coach have a gripe? sounds a bit strong against someone who could have him relieved if he wanted at any given time

Potentially. I just think if that's the attitude some within the club have towards our Manager, it's not a good look at all

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Jesus what a mess this has become. If the academy coaches are not on board with "the plan"., how many others are anti Pearson.?  Someone needs to grab this club by the balls, if we have any, and sort it out.  We roll from crisis to crisis without a leader or direction.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, 2015 said:

Interestingly I was speaking to an Academy coach about City today (dont have a name) and found him totally disrespectful towards NP.

"Never should have been appointed, dinosaur, knows nothing, should drop Matty James and play youngsters, should be sacked"

If this is the sort of attitude that some of the backroom staff have towards our Manager then what do they tell our Players and youth players. It doesn't exactly look good on the club at all. 

Don't believe this can be true for one second😂

As @Kid in the Riot said hes given debuts to a huge amount of academy players and has more creditability than our last 2 managers by an absolute mile.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, DaveF said:

Don't believe this can be true for one second😂

As @Kid in the Riot said hes given debuts to a huge amount of academy players and has more creditability than our last 2 managers by an absolute mile.

Believe what you want, I know the conversation I had and wouldn't lie about it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, 2015 said:

Believe what you want, I know the conversation I had and wouldn't lie about it.

What sort of age group Academy coach are we talking about….e.g. how far down the age groups?  Wouldn’t ask you to say he’s the u18s or anything that might divulge possible people it could be.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

For info, my dad gets his haircut the appointment after an Academy Coach, and my dad hears all kinds of stuff, to quote “I reckon Massengo has been signed in readiness to go to Chelsea”.

Edited by Davefevs
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, 2015 said:

Interestingly I was speaking to an Academy coach about City today (dont have a name) and found him totally disrespectful towards NP.

"Never should have been appointed, dinosaur, knows nothing, should drop Matty James and play youngsters, should be sacked"

If this is the sort of attitude that some of the backroom staff have towards our Manager then what do they tell our Players and youth players. It doesn't exactly look good on the club at all. 

We don't even have any academy centre mids to play in our first team.

Other than Owers who played a bit for Bath. Kadji is the one that looks like he could be special one day, but now? Would be surprised if he's ready. Only just stepped up to 23s level.

Edited by JonDolman
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

What sort of age group Academy coach are we talking about….e.g. how far down the age groups?  Wouldn’t ask you to say he’s the u18s or anything that might divulge possible people it could be.

A brief discussion, didn't get into too much details about age groups and who he coaches in particular. As soon as City were mentioned all the stuff quoted was what was said and it ended at that, not impressed.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

We don't even have any academy centre mids to play in our first team.

Other than Owers who played a bit for Bath. Kadji is the one that looks like he could be special one day, but now? Would be surprised if he's ready. Only just stepped up to 23s level.

It’s quite funny isn’t it….our centre mid v Cov contained….Massengo 20, Scott 18 and Bakinson 23 (last month). 🤷🏻‍♂️

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, 2015 said:

A brief discussion, didn't get into too much details about age groups and who he coaches in particular. As soon as City were mentioned all the stuff quoted was what was said and it ended at that, not impressed.

I’m not calling you a liar - but I find it astonishing that a club employee would be so loose lipped in such a short conversation with a stranger.

If that is the case, I’d say the problem is with that guy.

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, soultrader said:

Is it possible your mate has been fed spurious info from within the club to see if there is a leak?

The club have previous for this... the name escapes me now but there was the story of a player coming from a Scottish club that was leaked, and was never going to happen

Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

I’m not calling you a liar - but I find it astonishing that a club employee would be so loose lipped in such a short conversation with a stranger.

If that is the case, I’d say the problem is with that guy.

I'd guess it's someone who coaches one of the younger age groups and is part-time.

By the sound of it, their day job might just be full-time moron. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Hey, cut it out.

Yes stop it I want to watch that Steven  Merchant thing where the women says” give to your grandparrrr” so I can throw my size 9 DMs at the telly.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, DaveF said:

In that case this academy coach should be sacked immediately.

Why? It’s just an opinion? To which he is perfectly entitled. 
One many of us may not agree with, sure, but what makes it a sackable offence? 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

I can't think of a City manager that has given more debuts to Academy players than Nige, since probably Tinman. 

Sounds like some disgruntled under-8s coach who thinks he's Pep. Completely unprofessional too. 

Don't dismiss this out of hand, it's not just one coach!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Harry said:

Why? It’s just an opinion? To which he is perfectly entitled. 
One many of us may not agree with, sure, but what makes it a sackable offence? 

I think if I started telling other people what I thought of my boss, or someone up the chain in such a manner, I think I'd be sacked for gross misconduct. 

You're allowed opinions, but keep them to yourself if it's bad opinions of those in your workplace. 

Especially a company (club) that is very much in the public eye. 

Edited by Akira
Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, Akira said:

I think if I started telling other people what I thought of my boss, or someone up the chain in such a manner, I think I'd be sacked for gross misconduct. 

You're allowed opinions, but keep them to yourself if it's bad opinions of those in your workplace. 

Especially a company (club) that is very much in the public eye. 

It’s not an Employee - Employee relationship.  
The person being told this has no affiliation to BCFC. It’s no different to you going home to your wife and saying “I ******* hate my boss”. I’ve done that 100 times. 
If I was to suggest you should be sacked for speaking candidly to your mrs you’d think I was a bit odd. 

  • Flames 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Harry said:

It’s not an Employee - Employee relationship.  
The person being told this has no affiliation to BCFC. It’s no different to you going home to your wife and saying “I ******* hate my boss”. I’ve done that 100 times. 
If I was to suggest you should be sacked for speaking candidly to your mrs you’d think I was a bit odd. 

It’s more akin to you slagging off your boss to one of your customers or suppliers than your wife to be honest.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, pl00peh91 said:

It’s more akin to you slagging off your boss to one of your customers or suppliers than your wife to be honest.

 Not really. We’re not customers. We’re fans. I doubt the poster will stop supporting BCFC because he was told this. 

Look, as I said, it’s an opinion that many people may not like or agree with, but it’s pretty far from a sackable offence. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Akira said:

I think if I started telling other people what I thought of my boss, or someone up the chain in such a manner, I think I'd be sacked for gross misconduct. 

You're allowed opinions, but keep them to yourself if it's bad opinions of those in your workplace. 

Especially a company (club) that is very much in the public eye. 

Do you work for the North Korean government?

Not agreeing with someone, or have an issue with someone is not a stackable offence.

How you chose to express that might make it one, but holding and articulating that opinion view certainly isn't.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...