IGNORED

Press

Bs4Red

Just now, marmite said:

It just bugs me that after 33 pages on this thread and 11 pages on the Gould thread, I still don't have a friggin clue what's going on with Nige or the club direction.  (As usual)

None of us do.

What we have are a series of believable rumours hosted against a background of wild speculation and nuggets of belief and dismissal.

What I think we can all largely agree with, is that Nigel isn't at optimum levels currently, and to that we wish him well in his recovery.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

None of us do.

What we have are a series of believable rumours hosted against a background of wild speculation and nuggets of belief and dismissal.

What I think we can all largely agree with, is that Nigel isn't at optimum levels currently, and to that we wish him well in his recovery.

I've been told Nigel has ear trouble.

25 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

None of us do.

Too many ITK people, good source people, speculation, and outright lies, and people who think they are NP. Think I'll be like another well known poster and wait till its on the OS!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Andy082005 said:

The “rumours” are it’s not Covid or flu. Things have been said and even posted on here but then deleted 

We’re not the first club Pearson has been at where it all seemed to go pear shaped. Derby and Watford to name two in recent years where the reason for him leaving was never really disclosed ….aside from the fact he had altercations with the owners for one reason or another 

Things didnt go pear shaped at Watford. The owners are trigger happy. He did a really good job at watford. Thet looked down and out when he took over and when he was sacked, he was above the relegation zone with 2 games left.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Riaz said:

Things didnt go pear shaped at Watford. The owners are trigger happy. He did a really good job at watford. Thet looked down and out when he took over and when he was sacked, he was above the relegation zone with 2 games left.

I think the Watford situation may have been more to do with his health, as much as anything. 
Nigel himself has acknowledged in interviews that when the Premier League returned after the covid break he was not the same - he was missing press conferences, he was spending less and less time on the training ground, he was struggling with heart and joint problems. 
There’s also interviews out there that say that the players noticed a change in him since the return, and he wasn’t his usual effervescent self. 

We know Watford’s owners are quick to sack, but I do wonder if, given that the form of the team was quite good, whether they acted to remove Pearson as he wasn’t well enough to fulfill the role. 

We are currently in the same situation - but I assume that we are being a rather more caring employer than Watford, and at least giving him a chance to get well. 

• Like 5

29 minutes ago, Harry said:

I think the Watford situation may have been more to do with his health, as much as anything. 
Nigel himself has acknowledged in interviews that when the Premier League returned after the covid break he was not the same - he was missing press conferences, he was spending less and less time on the training ground, he was struggling with heart and joint problems. 
There’s also interviews out there that say that the players noticed a change in him since the return, and he wasn’t his usual effervescent self. 

We know Watford’s owners are quick to sack, but I do wonder if, given that the form of the team was quite good, whether they acted to remove Pearson as he wasn’t well enough to fulfill the role. 

We are currently in the same situation - but I assume that we are being a rather more caring employer than Watford, and at least giving him a chance to get well. 

Then City gave him a 3 year deal with no clauses...! ?

What makes you think the club would release something on Saturday night about this?

It was widely reported he was taking the week off, so next week we’ll find out if he’s well enough to return or not.

Pretty simple, isn’t it?

Still I expect you to post on this every day & say we should replace him every other day..

• Like 2

Probably be managed by Curtis Fleming for the next three months then Pearson comes back but we are already 10 points adrift Pearson then continues his fantastic home record of one win in 15 and loses the last 6 home games and city relegated by the end of march the good news is Pearson stays on next season

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, woodsyred said:

Probably be managed by Curtis Fleming for the next three months then Pearson comes back but we are already 10 points adrift Pearson then continues his fantastic home record of one win in 15 and loses the last 6 home games and city relegated by the end of march the good news is Pearson stays on next season

Hampshire Reds, is this your 3rd Otib account? ?

• Haha 1

Imagine coming on here. On a saturday night. You see no new threads about Nigel Pearson's health, or likely return, or anything else related to that.

You remember that less than a week ago a simple rumour that he might be leaving spawned a 40 page thread.

Your conclusion is to create a new thread asking if anyone has any news.

• Like 1