IGNORED

Press

Bs4Red

6 minutes ago, bris red said:

Same, gutted. Really thought it was going to work out for big Nige..

If he is really suffering healthwise, he won't be able to coach the side well or be as effective as a manager. It's for his and our benefit he steps back from that role.

It's a bit gutting and will be one of the great "what might have beens" if he is off, but if health is impacting his ability to do the job, then he's making the right move. I hope rest and the relaxation of not being within the shitstorm of BCFC helps him feel better.

• Like 8

If this is the case, as much as I'm not always a Warnock fan, it would be a good move for now. One of the disappointments of Pearson's reign is that we thought he would be the sort of manager to get players running through walls for him, which just hasn't happened for one reason or another. Warnock would help bring that attitude back, and even if he might not take us up, that effect could help and carry on past his tenure.

1 minute ago, WessexPest said:

Far from convinced he would achieve results, but what is guaranteed is we would have an objectionable man in charge who plays football out of the Stone Age. No ta.

Hahahahhaa are you for real? Like it or not WE are a long ball team, all we do is lump it!

1 minute ago, Red-Robbo said:

If he is really suffering healthwise, he won't be able to coach the side well or be as effective as a manager. It's for his and our benefit he steps back from that role.

It's a bit gutting and will be one of the great "what might have beens" if he is off, but if health is impacting his ability to do the job, then he's making the right move. I hope rest and the relaxation of not being within the shitstorm of BCFC helps him feel better.

He should be sacked anyway so it’s a win for everyone imo 

• Confused 4
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, CiderCraig said:

The joint press conference could be announcing Colin's appointment AND his resignation due to having realised how deep in the doo doo we are!

The joint press conference could be announcing Colin's appointment AND his resignation due to having realised how deep in the doo doo we are!

Will he have second thoughts? 

If it is the case that he is leaving the due to health then it’s a shame it happened at this stage of his Bristol City career. These last few weeks will be the lasting memory for many city fans but I was still optimistic he could do something special here.

Edited by David Brent
  • Like 11
  • Robin 1

Just now, Bs4Red said:

He should be sacked anyway so it’s a win for everyone imo 

I was of the opinion that if we stayed up, we waited and saw how he evolved the club to (hopefully) be able to compete in seasons to come.

But if he's ill, it explains why he is underperforming as a manager.

In those cicumstances its right to say goodbye.

• Like 1

I think if there was an instant appointment there’d be some strong rumours about who. Pearson stepping down, Fleming in temporary charge whilst we try to appoint someone seems likely.

Genuinely wouldn’t be adverse to Warnock as a short term thing. The priority has to be to survive. Warnock as a short term sticking plaster whilst we scope out a long term manager could be prudent.

3 minutes ago, Shelton’s Love Gravy said:

It will be:

Pearson leaving for health reasons;

Fleming to take temporary charge whilst the club carries out a “careful, thorough and rigorous” recruitment process for a successor.

I’ll stake my tadger on it.

Steve Lansdown waiting for Sunderland to sack Lee Johnson before reappointing him!

• Haha 3

How disappointing if so.

He was exactly the type of manager we wanted and we were fortunate IMO to get him.

Whatever may be wrong with him at present I would like to think that we could allow him an extended period of sick leave rather than changing manager.

I'm not blaming anyone if it's true, because I don't have an inside track, but it would be disappointing.

• Like 7