IGNORED

The Outlaws

stortfordred

I think Merchant has done very well to avoid coming down on one side of Bristolian politics. I can't remember character names, but he has one guy who is your stereotypical right wing Daily Mail type. And also has a woman who is a stereotypical leftie. And both are utterly ridiculous while also being totally believable. 

It's skilfully done when he managed to make "throw Colston in the river" and "throwing him in was vandalism" both equally ridiculous while not coming across as an insufferable centrist.

• Like 2

• Admin
3 hours ago, BS2 Red said:

Seconded, it's a great show.

I find I miss a lot of the dialogue though as I'm too busy trying to spot locations I recognise!

Off on a tangent I am not sure if you are watching the current BBC1 programme called "Showtrial" this is set in Bristol too.

Lot's of filming around the Create centre and park etc

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, phantom said:

Off on a tangent I am not sure if you are watching the current BBC1 programme called "Showtrial" this is set in Bristol too.

Only watched the first episode not keen tbh.

7 minutes ago, phantom said:

Not heard of it, but I'll try and remember to seek it out on iPlayer. I'm a sucker for anything filmed/set in Bristol. 

1 hour ago, TomF said:

Honestly try EP2 as it is a lot better. 

Skins will always be a fav thou.   I actually plotted all the locations on a map while watching it again during LD1.  It was quite the thing: 

https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=1c3GGYGUnXcCN-fkpKfwvTHHVcESbylvD&usp=sharing

That map is quite the thing! You should’ve done more quizzes . . . 

8 hours ago, BS2 Red said:

Seconded, it's a great show.

I find I miss a lot of the dialogue though as I'm too busy trying to spot locations I recognise!

There's has been some pointing going on in the batcave watching this. In episode 3 when they're on the boat, I thought if the drone went higher, Ashton Gate may have been viable in the distance but it wasn't. Cut away too early. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, The Batman said:
There's has been some pointing going on in the batcave watching this. In episode 3 when they're on the boat, I thought if the drone went higher, Ashton Gate may have been viable in the distance but it wasn't. Cut away too early. 

Must admit that the drone shot with the sun setting over Ashton Court gave me a few pangs of home sickness.

1 hour ago, TomF said:

Someone on the bristol subreddit said they did a map plotting all of Andrew Lincolns bike rides on Teachers. That is quite masterful. 

If only I knew what a subreddit was eh? 

Used to bloody love Teachers. Started watching from the start again a while ago. Simon, Kurt and Brian were literally my heroes 

Edited by CyderInACan
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, TomF said:

Teachers was and still is awesome although maybe it should have stopped at end of series 2.

Spot on. The quality nosedived after that. For those 2 series though it was unmissable TV. Loved the fact their local pub was the old Seymours Club(from the outside only though, I think) - had a cracking evening in there once watching the Wurzels supported by Fred Wedlock. It was bedlam. 

29 minutes ago, CheddarReds said:

Just watched the finale. Good series. Really enjoyed it.

Series 2 shouldn't be too far away either, they have either finished filming or soon will have. It was their truck that went into the docks.

They filmed something for series 2 outside my flat. If you see a shop scene with curtains twitching in the flat above, that's me. ?

• Haha 2