IGNORED

The Outlaws

stortfordred

I’ve visited a load of Outlaws locations for my Instagram page: it_happened_right_here 

I can always use a few more followers if you feel so inclined…  I’ve also tracked down some Only Fools and Horses spots too among the hundreds of other places I’ve been (one of which was in the stadium car park)

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Really looking forward to this....first series was excellent. A clever mix of drama and comedy, and casting was superb.

Yeah it was excellent, even if I spent most of the time doing this whenever I recognised anywhere:

mqdefault.jpg

• Haha 1

On 25/05/2022 at 11:10, Kid in the Riot said:

Really looking forward to this....first series was excellent. A clever mix of drama and comedy, and casting was superb.

Once you got past that it wasn't quite the billed comedy (and some critic's couldn't), it was was great. I especially liked Jess Gunning as Diane, but there was some strong performances all round, and it was a bt of a coup to get Christopher Walken involved.

3 hours ago, Sleepy1968 said:

Once you got past that it wasn't quite the billed comedy (and some critic's couldn't), it was was great. I especially liked Jess Gunning as Diane, but there was some strong performances all round, and it was a bt of a coup to get Christopher Walken involved.

I actually thought Rhianne Baretto as Rani was brilliant. Very talented actress. But you're right, Jess Gunning steals the show in many ways. 

Eleanor Tomlinson is v good too, playing a spoiled brat. 

Edited by Kid in the Riot
  • Like 2

On 26/05/2022 at 21:36, Sleepy1968 said:

Merchant's story of going to Walken's house to pitch the idea would make a nice little short play in itself. He does actually seem to be one of life's eccentrics, rather than just acting like one.

• Like 1

Just finished series 1 (Been out of the country for some time) and thought it was brilliant. Very clever writing that gets you hooked and some cracking little one liners that could easily be a whoosh. Perfect mix of comedy and drama for me. Going to binge series 2 this weekend. 

Fun fact; my in-laws live opposite Sea Mills library and were paid 300 quid to have the cast's toilets set up on their drive.

On 12/06/2022 at 08:36, Welcome To The Jungle said:

Brilliant second series. The ending was superb. I hope there isn't another series. It has concluded wonderfully, with two strong series. It doesn't need ruining with a weak 3rd. And given Merchant's history, like with the office or extras, I think that'll be it.

I agree, plus bringing that cast together again could be difficult, I think this is why they filmed it all pretty much back to back. 

The final episode was beautifully done and the final scene being played out to one of my favourite songs of all time (Knocked Up - Kings of Leon), just endeared me to the show even more.

• Like 1

• Admin
On 12/06/2022 at 08:36, Welcome To The Jungle said:

Brilliant second series. The ending was superb. I hope there isn't another series. It has concluded wonderfully, with two strong series. It doesn't need ruining with a weak 3rd. And given Merchant's history, like with the office or extras, I think that'll be it.

I binge watched it over the last few days I can't remember a program that had me laughing not only at the characters but also the script so much for ages 

Agree it needs to be left alone now, which is probably going to be hard as no doubt the BBC will be pushing for another series and the success of the show is continually growing 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, TomF said:

Surprised to hear third series is going ahead.  Should have left it as it was. 

I am a bit mixed with this.Really enjoyed it,but when it ended it seemed like it ended at the right time with all the loose ends tied up.Is it definitely going ahead?

48 minutes ago, TomF said:

Yep  https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/news/7274/the-outlaws-lands-series-3/

Like you mixed - was great show but it had a lot of closure at end so not sure where it goes from here.   It also need Walken in it no matter what.. he was the star

Same here. Looking forward to it because I loved the last two. But at the same time a bit apprehensive that by the end of it I’ll wish they’d left it at two.

I agree about Walken. But I’d be really sorry if any of them changed really. They were all great, and just made a perfect bunch together. Completely diverse in so many ways, but somehow it all came together in so many ways! 

• Like 1

I think the financial pressure will be on for them to make more shows so that the BBC can get more from distribution rights. With the watering down of the TV licence funds they need to do more of this, you might have noticed their shows popping up on Netflix? 

Certainly in America shows only tend to go to syndication when they have reached a number of episodes which triggers their commercial viability. The lowest figure for that seems to be around 60 shows, but there are exceptions, and other networks and streaming services use different criteria.

I heard yesterday from someone who was part of the backroom team on the first two series that the third series takes place in London, currently there are no plans for filming in Bristol at all.

Also, a little of additional interest for those who live in or visit Portishead Marina, the boat used in the first two series was the Viking which was moved into Bristol for a couple of weeks.

8 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

I heard yesterday from someone who was part of the backroom team on the first two series that the third series takes place in London, currently there are no plans for filming in Bristol at all.

Shame that , could be because BCC have plans to demolish the community centre in Seamills to build social housing.

6 hours ago, TomF said:

Also the police station - Bank of England House by Castle Park - is due for demolition as well. Tho it was used less in series 2. They used the building on Pennywell road as police station iirc 

Is that the one Casualty used to use? Apparently lots of hospital workers never realised it was a set and used to moan about how it must be disruptive having them filming in a real hospital. :)