IGNORED

Latest worrying stat

Ivorguy

1 minute ago, DaveF said:

None but its additional negativity which is what we love here on OTIB ?

The first requirement in improving the situation, which we all want, is a dose of realism as to where we are.  This stat provides that.

Edited by Ivorguy

2 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

What relevance does this have really . We’re miles off them in terms of finances & players. 

Don’t give our soft players an excuse, like the CEO did.

We are not even bothering to compete at the moment with teams that get paid more, the same, or less. I would truly fear a draw in the FA Cup against a non-league team at present.

An organised team with pace, power and passion can always fight well above their weight and be a success. Start point is to win your individual battles. Unfortunately, our lot can’t be arsed and not even Big Nige could fire them up.  

A very sorry state that’s been 4 years in the making. Joe and Bobby clearly knew the score and bombed out before the inevitable.

42 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

Reported that Fulham have more points in championship than City in 2021 despite playing 24 fewer games.

is this correct?  Believe it is.  Oh dear if so

Fulham's owners have injected £508m (loans and stock) to cover debt & losses. Makes City look like paupers.

Now remind, what's worrying you?

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, RedRock said:

Don’t give our soft players an excuse, like the CEO did.

We are not even bothering to compete at the moment with teams that get paid more, the same, or less. I would truly fear a draw in the FA Cup against a non-league team at present.

An organised team with pace, power and passion can always fight well above their weight and be a success. Start point is to win your individual battles. Unfortunately, our lot can’t be arsed and not even Big Nige could fire them up.  

A very sorry state that’s been 4 years in the making. Joe and Bobby clearly knew the score and bombed out before the inevitable.

Yes . I understand all that. You should of posted this on one of the other threads though . The stat  is irrelevant comparing where both clubs are at present 

You might as well be saying Liverpool and Man City have both gained more points than Norwich in the past calendar year. 

I'm all for looking at stats, figures and facts but it's kind of irrelevant comparing a Championship club that has been on the decline for the past 12-18 months to a relegated Premiership club with parachute payments.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

Another interesting fact. The area around Craven Cottage was once woodland and was part of Anne Boleyn’s hunting grounds. What is the relevance to City - none 

And within what remains of Bishops Park lies the Church of All Saints which is where Father Brennen was dispatched by The Antichrist via means of a lightning rod in The Omen. And City, well, we've St Francis....

As the OP says, worryingly we can't live with them....

ScreamingBrennnan.jpg.c3d52b9892a1869886ab5e0e3444186f.jpg

• Haha 1

1968/69 March 1st we smashed Fulham 6-0 at home, a game I watched from the Enclosure..... and still have the prog for; they were also relegated that season as well.

Fulham have moved on a bit since then and look very likely to return to the top div again after a short absence, us we are still here...what have they done so right that we haven`t ? maybe this is what the op was getting at ?

7 minutes ago, Roe said:

71 goals conceded despite our best player being a centre back and another of our rated players being the goalkeeper

Because stopping goals isn't just down to CBs and Goalies.

Re the OP's post. The Fulham points stat is about the least worrying, even if it's eye catching.

Far more worrying is that we currently allow 15 shots, 5 of which are on target, in every game. That is roughly what an average promotion side take every game. In return we take 10, 3 of which will be on 5 target. That's about what a promotion candidate allows in a game. So, in effect, we are allowing our average opponent to play as though they are promotion candidates.

Basically we literally are making Barnsley, Birmingham, Coventry etc look like Fulham and WBA. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, gl2 said:

1968/69 March 1st we smashed Fulham 6-0 at home, a game I watched from the Enclosure..... and still have the prog for; they were also relegated that season as well.

Fulham have moved on a bit since then and look very likely to return to the top div again after a short absence, us we are still here...what have they done so right that we haven`t ? maybe this is what the op was getting at ?

I think we played them in the cup and beat them 5-0 , Clive Walker the ex Chelsea player appeared for them..

2 hours ago, steviestevieneville said:

What relevance does this have really . We’re miles off them in terms of finances & players. 

Absolutely, I remember posting after the draw at our place that one of their subs, Cavaleiro (who came on in the 88th minute) cost them £15m.

One of their starting midfielders cost £24m & Mitrovic, on £60k a week, cost £22m.

I am far more concerned about our result on Saturday & losing to the likes of Millwall than crap like this.

These are our comparators, not sides that cost in excess of £100m.