IGNORED

would you object to saturday games kicking off at 1pm?

Never to the dark side

6 minutes ago, Never to the dark side said:

during the winter months

Cop26 is all blah blah blah

If games kicked off at 1pm,would not object to midday kick offs

then their would no need to use the floodlights and the return car journeys would be in mostly  safer daylight hours.

The floodlights would still be used. Very overcast in winter whatever the time.

• Like 4

For me Saturday at 3 o'clock is one of the worst times, I'm not going to virtue signal and say it's about climate change - it's just convenient. In order of my preference:

Weekday nights (Friday for weekend games)

Saturday early

Saturday late

Saturday 3 o'clock

Sunday early

Sunday anytime

43 minutes ago, The Bard said:

Pissing in the wind when it comes to climate change.

More relevant to get reliable,  green public transport 

Or get China & Russia to do their bit.  Never gonna happen though so this tiny country has to make sacrifices. 

Edited by LoyalRed
  • Like 1

Difficult for those working a Saturday morning. 
Difficult for travelling fans.
Difficult for travelling teams that have to travel on the day.
Would it stop the use of Floodlights? Not completely.
Would it stop games kicking off whenever Sky wants, no.

I think there should be a move toward more solar and wind power, at stadiums. All that roof space could be put to use without causing an eyesore.
On a personal note, I'm a traditionalist when it comes to kick off times. 3pm Saturday is for me THE time. 

• Like 5

52 minutes ago, Oh Louie louie said:

Prince william travels from london to villa park i presume?

Hopefully charles with give him a stern lecture about this outrageous behaviour.

But doesn't Prince Charles run his Aston Martin on stable 65 year old port and cut offs of stilton cheese?

Can a car actually get gout?

• Haha 5

2 hours ago, Never to the dark side said:

during the winter months

Cop26 is all blah blah blah

If games kicked off at 1pm,would not object to midday kick offs

then their would no need to use the floodlights and the return car journeys would be in mostly  safer daylight hours.

Great idea cant see why it's  not been suggested before. 

Why was the league set up with games starting at 3.00pm Saturday? Back then, the majority of people worked Saturday mornings, (remember shops shut on Wednesday afternoon). At the end of that Saturday shift, you would receive your pay packet so would go for a beer and then perhaps go to the local game before returning home.

150odd years later with working from home and flexible hours etc, we could see the fixture list being arranged and clubs told "Sort out with your visitors which time your game will kick off and also which day".

10 minutes ago, sticks 1969 said:

Quite like Friday night football it’s a great way to start the weekend ( if we win ) and it does free your weekend up 

That’s my thinking. Can go straight from work or finish a bit early. Games could always be pushed back to 2000 or 2030 kickoff. I know it’s a bugger for away fans but it’s apples and oranges I guess.

Gives people a free weekend then. I know a lot of people love a Saturday football game and the ritual of it all. But for me, it’s an entire day devoted to it. When I could be doing something more productive with my weekend. Especially after an extremely busy week of work.

But as I said. This is just me and my viewpoint, being a bit selfish. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, sticks 1969 said:

Quite like Friday night football it’s a great way to start the weekend ( if we win ) and it does free your weekend up 

Not for me. Rushing home from work and then not really having anytime for that pre match beer and build up that makes a Saturday 3pm kick off. Playing away on a friday night aswell.. needing to probably have to take a half day at work aswell? Nah!