IGNORED

would you object to saturday games kicking off at 1pm?

Never to the dark side

5 hours ago, Pezo said:

For me Saturday at 3 o'clock is one of the worst times, I'm not going to virtue signal and say it's about climate change - it's just convenient. In order of my preference:

Weekday nights (Friday for weekend games)

Saturday early

Saturday late

Saturday 3 o'clock

Sunday early

Sunday anytime

:laugh: whichever gets us 3 points 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

We’re Torquay Saturday evening?

Yes, Torquay for some years played on Saturday evenings, especially at the start and end of the season which coincided with the holiday season and busy turnover Saturday afternoons.

We had a famous Saturday evening game there, c1983. Boats being pinched in the harbour, police vans being turned over and all sorts.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, ralphindevon said:

Yes, Torquay for some years played on Saturday evenings, especially at the start and end of the season which coincided with the holiday season and busy turnover Saturday afternoons.

We had a famous Saturday evening game there, c1983. Boats being pinched in the harbour, police vans being turned over and all sorts.

Feb '84. When the lads that never attack scarfers and only scrap with like minded sorts, had a pop at, er, one of the Nolan sisters.  

35 minutes ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

Feb '84. When the lads that never attack scarfers and only scrap with like minded sorts, had a pop at, er, one of the Nolan sisters.  

TBF she wasn’t wearing a scarf and was right up for a scrap if I remember rightly. 

And we lost 1-0, so…..

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, ralphindevon said:

Yes always remember watching final score on Grandstand with Torquay being evening kick off. 

I wouldn’t mind Saturday 1pm kick offs - still gives me time to get there (not living in Bristol) and then back earlier. I wouldn’t like Friday evenings due to work and travel (same issue as midweek matches), plus travel often busy on Friday evenings. If we wanted to try weekend evenings for atmosphere, I would go for a Saturday (like Torquay).

Living an hour and a half away from Bristol nowadays I quite like the traditional Saturday 3pm kick off.

Friday evenings do have a special atmosphere, start of the weekend and all that but we have a huge number of fans from outside Bristol that might struggle if it was a a regular thing.

Early Saturday starts always seem to lack atmosphere and in turn that can mean a dull game, I suppose 2 pm would be ok but not any earlier.

17 hours ago, Never to the dark side said:

during the winter months

Cop26 is all blah blah blah

If games kicked off at 1pm,would not object to midday kick offs

then their would no need to use the floodlights and the return car journeys would be in mostly  safer daylight hours.

Rather not, 3pm Saturday please. Allows morning family time, lunchtime beer and home in time for dinner. As to away games, time to get there including beers