IGNORED

Dominic Calvert Lewin

Super

24 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Unless you have had the lesson taught to you I don’t think you can judge it. I’m sure it is taught in a well rounded way rather than encouraging kids to change gender, which I suspect you really fear, and rightly so as that would be an odd thing to push on a child. 

My children are primary school age too. I’ve got no worries from what I’ve seen and heard they are being taught 

Oh ok then, we won't believe anything that kids tell us what happens in schools. We will just go along with that is taught in a well rounded way as we don't attend their lessons, still nice that you can make a judgement, even though you haven't had the lesson taught to you either. The bottom line is primary schoolchildren do not need to know a single thing about any gender identity, non binary, trans, choose genders on certain days etc etc.

Why can't they just be left alone to simply be kids? 

Edited by TheReds
  • Like 3

27 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Unless you have had the lesson taught to you I don’t think you can judge it. I’m sure it is taught in a well rounded way rather than encouraging kids to change gender, which I suspect you really fear, and rightly so as that would be an odd thing to push on a child. 

My children are primary school age too. I’ve got no worries from what I’ve seen and heard they are being taught 

Well rounded? Being taught you arent a boy or girl when you are born - is that well rounded.

I get they have to teach children to be inclusive and i fully support that. But this gender nonsense is ridiculous - gender dysmorphia (Which i think is a real thing) affects under 0.01% of people.

Why are they teaching our kids this nonsense, when 99.99% of people are happy with their gender and dont have an issue.

Its bizarre.

To clarify, on calvert lewin. Have no issue, if he wants to dress like that thats his choice. Dont understand why anyone would be pissed off.

Edited by Riaz
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, TheReds said:

Kids are a lot more aware of things these days, especially once they start school, mainly due to access to the internet.

Some of these things need to be taught and explained fairly early on otherwise they end up getting their opinions from people thy don't know who are free to write and publish any old rubbish.

I notice, also, that the school in Scotland having a boys in skirts day (in support of a Spanish boy who was expelled and sent to a psychiatrist for wearing a skirt to school) was an initiative thought up by the students, not the school pushing it downwards.

• Like 1

Just now, TheReds said:

Oh ok then, we won't believe anything that kids tell us what happens in schools. We will just go along with that is taught in a well rounded way as we don't attend their lessons...... The bottom line is primary schoolchildren do not need to know a single thing about any gender identity, non binary, trans, choose genders on certain days etc etc.

So the 9 year old who wants to be a boy has no right to be told about any of this? 

Being a kid involves navigating this so they should not have knowledge hidden away to please the Church/ Mosque/ Synagogue.

5 minutes ago, Riaz said:

Well rounded? Being taught you arent a boy or girl when you are born - is that well rounded.

I get they have to teach children to be inclusive and i fully support that. But this gender nonsense is ridiculous - gender dysmorphia (Which i think is a real thing) affects under 0.01% of people.

Why are they teaching our kids this nonsense, when 99.99% of people are happy with their gender and dont have an issue.

Its bizarre.

To clarify, on calvert lewin. Have no issue, if he wants to dress like that thats his choice. Dont understand why anyone would be pissed off.

Maybe it’s just a case of one head teacher with an agenda is skewering your view on what is happening across all schools 

Its just clothes.  Pretty sure my parents wondered what the hell I was wearing, I’m my twenties, just like I probably will with my Son. 

I think he pulls it off. You may be happy to shop for clothes in Tesco and maybe Next, if it was the January sales… doesn’t mean everyone is. Fair play to him. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, TheReds said:

Oh ok then, we won't believe anything that kids tell us what happens in schools. We will just go along with that is taught in a well rounded way as we don't attend their lessons, still nice that you can make a judgement, even though you haven't had the lesson taught to you either. The bottom line is primary schoolchildren do not need to know a single thing about any gender identity, non binary, trans, choose genders on certain days etc etc.

Assuming you complained to the school. What did they say in their defence?

Just now, richwwtk said:

Kids are a lot more aware of things these days, especially once they start school, mainly due to access to the internet.

Childrens brains are not more aware of things these days. The brains development has not altered. 

2 minutes ago, richwwtk said:

Some of these things need to be taught and explained fairly early on otherwise they end up getting their opinions from people thy don't know who are free to write and publish any old rubbish.

It is a reason kids should not be exposed to complex issues. Psychologically they do not possess the comprehension skills to deal with complexity. 

Children should be allowed to be kids. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, richwwtk said:

I notice, also, that the school in Scotland having a boys in skirts day (in support of a Spanish boy who was expelled and sent to a psychiatrist for wearing a skirt to school) was an initiative thought up by the students, not the school pushing it downwards.

Where are the parents?

I'm sure the story spread like wildfire through the Primary school where kids just happened to stumble across this story, and primary kids being primary kids first thought was for the Spanish schoolkid, and they thought they would do a protest for inclusivity.... Sounds plausible that this wasn't pushed by some adults whatsoever.

5 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Assuming you complained to the school. What did they say in their defence?

You get fobbed off at every turn, and they don't present any defence because they have their agenda, it's just takes a toll whilst getting no answers so the child no longer goes to the school anymore.

4 minutes ago, 054123 said:

Let’s be honest, it’s a fashion shoot for Arena. 

He’ll be wandering his house in flip flops and shorts this weekend!?

I don’t understand the ‘concern’ in this thread.

I tried to reply to this but kept writing what I wrote in the first place. Happy for him, no "concerns" with the gender swapping. Challenged over the adult wearing a children's school uniform - probably because I have young children.

So I guess I don't understand the concern either but I empathise with some things I find slightly challenging which is different than a concern. I guess we've all had different experiences that have shaped what we are concerned about.

Few points:

1. DCL is known for extravagant dress sense. What this has done is raised his profile far in excess of the fee from the magazine, and the magazine getting publicity far in excess of the fee paid to him. In marketing/media that’s called a win:win

2. It matters not if you think it’s manly or not. I wouldn’t wear it because, to be frank, it’d look shit on me. I don’t think it looks great on him but see (1) - he’s getting publicity and money to do so, so more power to him. People who have a problem with him wearing it are just a bit odd.

3. On the schools thing - I seem to say a lot on the politics forum, the plural of anecdote is not data. One headteacher, one school, doesn’t make some conspiracy to degender every child. In fact, it makes news because it is the exception - and often for a reason (as in the solidarity example) that gives more than the headline. Personally, I have no issue in LGBTQ being taught at the time sex education is in schools. But there aren’t reams of 6 year olds being taught about terfs etc…

Short version: fair play to him, if you’re offended it says more about you than it does about him, and there aren’t hordes of people out to encourage your kids to go trans.

16 minutes ago, The Bard said:

So the 9 year old who wants to be a boy has no right to be told about any of this? 

Being a kid involves navigating this so they should not have knowledge hidden away to please the Church/ Mosque/ Synagogue.

Yes he/she can be told whatever the parents are happy for them to be told, it isn't a teachers job to tell kids what the individual teachers think themselves and their agenda (we will end up going down the US route). 

1 hour ago, TheReds said:

Happened in a primary school in Scotland, asked boys to wear a skirt for the day for inclusivity and equality (I mean that's what really promotes equality and they couldn't have done anything else). There seems to be a whole agenda pushing gender identity on young kids who just don't need to know about it at that age. It was a primary school, kids should be left alone to be kids rather than confusing them with all of this gender nonsense pushed on them. Why can they not be left alone to be kids and pretend to be whatever they want to be for the day, and as they grow up they then choose who or what they want to be? 

So that's one school, for one day. Any more schools "pushing" "this" that you know of? There's almost 21,000 primary schools in the UK. Just so we get a broader idea of the level of "push"

43 minutes ago, Riaz said:

Its bizarre.

No issue at all with him wearing what he is wearing, he can crack on like I said, it's the agenda that's being pushed is what I don't like.

@!james Sad dick head

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, TheReds said:

It's a massive issue. Why would you or anyone want primary kids being told they can change genders and identify as whatever they want at that age, why tell them about their bodies etc. They're kids FFS, let them play as kids and pretend to be a dinosaur, Barbie or a fireman etc, it just confuses kids about something they don't need to know about in the first place. It's an odd agenda being pushed by people who call themselves progressives, think they are always doing the right thing, by pushing things to the extreme.

Don't tell them about their bodies, you say, just let them pretend to be Barbie. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

So that's one school, for one day. Any more schools "pushing" "this" that you know of? There's almost 21,000 primary schools in the UK. Just so we get a broader idea of the level of "push"

Yes, I mentioned a school where complaints have been made, were fobbed off repeatedly and the child was then taken out (not the only child taken out either). The school what Riaz mentioned had an agenda as well. So there are 2 mentioned on here and only from a handful of posters. No doubt these are just one off schools in Bristol, and it isn't happening anywhere else in Bristol or the 21000 schools in the UK....I mean it couldn't be could it because you don't think there is an issue. Even if it was only one school out of 21000, it is one school too many.

Maybe have a google yourself, and you will find many examples, but no doubt they are all telling porkies..... 

Just now, TheReds said:

Yes, I mentioned a school where complaints have been made, were fobbed off repeatedly and the child was then taken out (not the only child taken out either). The school what Riaz mentioned had an agenda as well. So there are 2 mentioned on here and only from a handful of posters. No doubt these are just one off schools in Bristol, and it isn't happening anywhere else in Bristol or the 21000 schools in the UK....I mean it couldn't be could it because you don't think there is an issue. Even if it was only one school out of 21000, it is one school too many.

Maybe have a google yourself, and you will find many examples, but no doubt they are all telling porkies..... 

Happening all across the UK because the teachers and the head teachers themselves have radical ideas on gender/race.

1 hour ago, 2015 said:

I think it might be you the one who is rattled by resorting to insults of those who simply disagree with your opinion, which is clearly out of the 'liberal' minded playbook.

1 hour ago, 2015 said:

I assume that is the picture you use to get yourself off at night? 

You're the one here criticising someone purely for wearing something that you don't approve of. Let people wear whatever the hell they want to wear, let people be whoever they want to be, as long as it doesn't harm anybody how can there possibly be any issue.

Firstly, even if it doesn't impact you, but it does impact others. I have a family member who would have rather died than continue to be a man. I don't get it personally, but does it bother me? Not at all, let her be who she wants to be. Secondly, how can this possibly bug you when it doesn't impact you whatsoever?

You'll find that life is so much easier when you're not continually angry at other people for doing things which they want to do and which only affect themselves. Try bigging yourself up, which I'm absolutely sure you're capable of, rather than bringing them down.

Edited by nebristolred
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

Don't tell them about their bodies, you say, just let them pretend to be Barbie. 

As in a doll, like when I was a kid many wanted to be an action man or Barbie when they grew up as that was the in things. Unsure what or why you need to explain anything to kids at all. Does a primary child need to know about anatomy if they want to grow up and be like Barbie or an action man? The week after they want to be something else, it's called being a child. They don't need to go to school and get told they can identify as a girl one day and then a boy the next, and get told about gender neutral etc - as Primary children.

Not going to argue, you can rightfully have a different view to me. 

Just now, nebristolred said:

You're the one here criticising someone purely for wearing something that you don't approve of. Let people wear whatever the hell they want to wear, let people be whoever they want to be, as long as it doesn't harm anybody how can there possibly be any issue.

Firstly, even if it doesn't impact you, but it does impact others. I have a family member who would have rather died than continue to be a man. I don't get it personally, but does it bother me? Not at all, let her be who she wants to be. Secondly, how can this possibly bug you when it doesn't impact you whatsoever?

You'll find that life is so much easier when you're not continually angry at other people for doing things which they want to do and which only affect themselves. Try bigging yourself up rather than bringing them down.

? Already said I don't have a problem with him personally wearing it, it's about the agenda that's being pushed..

2 minutes ago, TheReds said:

As in a doll, like when I was a kid many wanted to be an action man or Barbie when they grew up as that was the in things. Unsure what or why you need to explain anything to kids at all. Does a primary child need to know about anatomy if they want to grow up and be like Barbie or an action man? The week after they want to be something else, it's called being a child. They don't need to go to school and get told they can identify as a girl one day and then a boy the next, and get told about gender neutral etc - as Primary children.

Not going to argue, you can rightfully have a different view to me. 

Barbies "push" ideas about bodies upon our children. Not always very healthy or helpful ones. 

If you are not sure about something a school is doing, go and ask the school (if you have children of that age).