IGNORED

you will NOT be allowed to wear your away kit at home

Never to the dark side

3 hours ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

I'm not surprised by the jobsworth response from the PL. I wonder though what colour clashes it could bring. What is Luton's away strip? 

Boxing Day Fixtures

These are the Premier League fixtures. 

Looking at the kits available I think there would potentially be issues in the Man City v Leicester, Newcastle v Man Utd, Norwich v Arsenal, and Spurs v Palace games.

A lot would depend on whether each home team went with its away kit or third kit, likewise it's hard to know whether we'd see the away teams go for their away kit as normal, or maybe use the opportunity to wear their home kit (which might be slightly off message) or third kits.

12 minutes ago, Big C said:

Apparently the title of this thread could be wrong as the EFL are considering it

If so then I'd humbly suggest to Luton that they wear their white third kit, and we use our black away kit.

They wore the third kit when they played us at AG becaude their away kit is the below mess. It seems to involve red, black, and either purple or blue...so isn't really great against any of our kits.

image.thumb.png.978c023ef43b7bc221f5ee0790272bd6.png

50 minutes ago, Enter Sandman said:

Wear Black Lives Matter badges - no problem. 
Take a knee before kick off - fine, carry on. 
Try to raise awareness to homelessness - nah, **** off we ain’t doing that. 

Pricks. 

Congratulations on your successful attempt to clumsily insert a complaint about an utterly unrelated subject into this thread.

Please accept your Golden Shoehorn. 

1009844828_goldshoehorn.thumb.jpg.9ab7da8413d990e15c9103c8cfea6192.jpg

• Like 2

• Admin
4 hours ago, Enter Sandman said:

Pricks. 

3 hours ago, LondonBristolian said:

I for one am relieved that, for once, the rules have triumphed over common sense...

The part that everyone seems to be missing

The Prem / EFL etc say they are constantly getting requests from charities for changes on a match day and they simply can't say yes to one and not another so they simply say no to all requests

Nothing anymore sinister than that to it

4 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

If so then I'd humbly suggest to Luton that they wear their white third kit, and we use our black away kit.

They wore the third kit when they played us at AG becaude their away kit is the below mess. It seems to involve red, black, and either purple or blue...so isn't really great against any of our kits.

image.thumb.png.978c023ef43b7bc221f5ee0790272bd6.png

Mess?

Lovely kit that.

Shelter and homelessness is a worthy cause to support but I for one just want to go to football to enjoy myself, and escape from the harsh realities of life. I don’t need constant virtue signaling at football matches even though I may agree or disagree with the sentiment can we just focus on and enjoy the football.

1 hour ago, phantom said:

The part that everyone seems to be missing

The Prem / EFL etc say they are constantly getting requests from charities for changes on a match day and they simply can't say yes to one and not another so they simply say no to all requests

Nothing anymore sinister than that to it

And that’s fine. To start no to all requests. So they made a rod for their own back last year then. 

• Admin
17 minutes ago, chucky said:

"However, while the clubs were supportive of the idea, the Premier League says it would break its rules around kits."

Fine then, all the clubs break the rules, the PL fines them all, but give all the money to homeless charities. Jobs a good un! 

Or just wear their normal kits and make a donation 

3 hours ago, Enter Sandman said:

How is it unrelated? 
either the league allow this sort of thing or they don’t. 

I just find it weird you only focus on that. The premier league also allow poppies on kits, which is surely the more relevant example - especially today.

To be clear, they should allow poppies, kneeling and away kits at home.

19 hours ago, Enter Sandman said:

Pricks. 

This suggests it’s a problem with the charity, it’s not. IF BLM had suggested wearing away shirts at home for some reason they’d have likely been met with the same response.