IGNORED

Think Before You Post!

TomF

7 minutes ago, TomF said:

We’re generally very lenient here on OTIB but the current situation has brought about a few posts that just are completely unacceptable.  To that extent we’ve removed the thread speculating about Nigel’s health tonight as it crossed the line into libellous territories. 

If you’ve read something on social media or a WhatsApp group then please leave it there and certainly away from the forum.

OTIB will be 25 years old next year, we’d like to still be online to celebrate it. 

Thanks Tom & The OTIB team

Thanks Tom,

Will any action be taken against those who choose to cut and paste this bile?

15 minutes ago, TomF said:

We’re generally very lenient here on OTIB but the current situation has brought about a few posts that just are completely unacceptable.  To that extent we’ve removed the thread speculating about Nigel’s health tonight as it crossed the line into libellous territories. 

If you’ve read something on social media or a WhatsApp group then please leave it there and certainly away from the forum.

OTIB will be 25 years old next year, we’d like to still be online to celebrate it. 

I was 1 when OTIB started? Wow

53 minutes ago, TomF said:

Keep up the great work Tom.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, TomF said:

I now feel old.

I don’t go under a user name just sticks which people know me as

the picture is me on England away duty 

and never post anything that I would not say to a persons face

i think that stands me in good stead

Edited by sticks 1969
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Marcus Aurelius said:

I was 1 when OTIB started? Wow

Weird to think of people that have never lived without internet or having to dialup, then having to stop because your mum wanted to use the phone.

• Like 5
  • Haha 5

Who’d have thought than when OTIB started and we were fierce rivals with Rovers that just around 4or 5 years later would be the last time they would be proper rivals and it really would feel like there was OTIB.

Also while we’re on the OTIB subject, to all those that post “ I’d have liked your post if I hadn’t ran out of likes” it’s only a fiver a year to be an OTIB supporter. It’s a great forum well ran and a fiver a year is peanuts. Subscribe now! 

• Like 17

1 hour ago, TonyTonyTony said:

Anyone with half a brain could surely see that the original WhatsApp messagewas made up by Pondlife.

Your medical pronouncements on the brain continue ... this one, hot on the heels of you diagnosing anyone who could appreciate Warnock’s record and what he could have brought to our club as being “mental” - thanks for your sterling work Dr Tony x3 ... 😆🍷

• Hmmm 1

Realise the point of the origin post was to (rightly) sort of some unnecessary nonsense we don’t need here.

But then to put the absolute knife in and remind many of us how bloody old we are was uncalled for!

(a joke, of course; keep you the good work, mods)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

22 minutes ago, ralphindevon said:

Who’d have thought than when OTIB started and we were fierce rivals with Rovers that just around 4or 5 years later would be the last time they would be proper rivals and it really would feel like there was OTIB.

Also while we’re on the OTIB subject, to all those that post “ I’d have liked your post if I hadn’t ran out of likes” it’s only a fiver a year to be an OTIB supporter. It’s a great forum well ran and a fiver a year is peanuts. Subscribe now! 

I’d have liked your post if I hadn’t ran out of likes  

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

9 hours ago, sticks 1969 said:

I don’t go under a user name just sticks which people know me as

the picture is me on England away duty 

and never post anything that I would not say to a persons face

i think that stands me in good stead

Likewise 

9 hours ago, Maesknoll Red said:

One thing from me, if you see libellous, poor taste, etc. posts made, then don’t bloody quote them, when expressing your outrage, just report it - makes it so much easier to deal with.

Quite right - however posts of the above type are usually picked up by the mods pretty quickly. I actually missed the post that has caused the recent issue.

2 hours ago, Ronnie said:

Should the club avoid this situation by giving out an update on his state of health, we do have a bulletin when a member of the Royal family are indisposed, so why not Nige.

It's a good comparison. Write to the Royal Family & ask them to get Rich Gould to do their PR too.