IGNORED

Anyone Know who is buying the the old Debenhams store?

exAtyeoMax

14 minutes ago, TomF said:

There was going to be a second phase to redeveloping Broadmead (Cabot Circus being phase one) but its been kicked in the bushes a few times in past.   I'd imagine now the only solution for Broadmead is to look at building mixed used residential buildings.  The high street is dead and not coming back in any sort of capacity it used to be.    If the Galleries is going to be converted and also the old Bank of England buildings you may as well fully embrace the idea of residential Broadmead and in part breathe life into the area + also give the existing shops a chance to survive.

Skyscraper City Bristol Sub forum is a great place to keep an eye on all projects https://www.skyscrapercity.com/forums/bristol-developments.4382/ 

I was in Bristol early the other morning waiting around for my wife, who had an appointment so i did a few laps of Broadmead / galleries / cabot.

Broadmead/Galleries absolutely empty, crap shops / empty shops and a massive homeless person issue. Very sad to see its decline

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TonyTonyTony said:

I was in Bristol early the other morning waiting around for my wife, who had an appointment so i did a few laps of Broadmead / galleries / cabot.

Broadmead/Galleries absolutely empty, crap shops / empty shops and a massive homeless person issue. Very sad to see its decline

Pre-pandemic I used to head through the Galleries every lunchtime,  it was always fairly busy and then heaving around this time of year.  Their business/lifeline has been cut for the best part of 2 years now, hardly any outlet can withstand that.  

2 hours ago, exAtyeoMax said:

Interested to know if any plans have been decided for the old store

Flats would be my bet

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, TomF said:

There was going to be a second phase to redeveloping Broadmead (Cabot Circus being phase one) but its been kicked in the bushes a few times in past.   I'd imagine now the only solution for Broadmead is to look at building mixed used residential buildings.  The high street is dead and not coming back in any sort of capacity it used to be.    If the Galleries is going to be converted and also the old Bank of England buildings you may as well fully embrace the idea of residential Broadmead and in part breathe life into the area + also give the existing shops a chance to survive.

Skyscraper City Bristol Sub forum is a great place to keep an eye on all projects https://www.skyscrapercity.com/forums/bristol-developments.4382/ 

I found a website that said they had a preferred bidder but no more info than that