IGNORED

Saikou Janneh

Shuffle

I would start with Janneh, Semenyo and Max in goal v Blackburn, reality is they will only likely make the bench and we will go with same old Martin/Wells/Bents. We need to change something if we are to change our repetitive rubbish home form.

5 hours ago, gl2 said:

I would start with Janneh, Semenyo and Max in goal v Blackburn, reality is they will only likely make the bench and we will go with same old Martin/Wells/Bents. We need to change something if we are to change our repetitive rubbish home form.

For me the issue is also how we use Martin and Wells.

I think it is fine picking Martin as long as you’ve got players in the team who will run beyond him and he can use his intelligence to create space for them. And I think it is fine to pick Wells if you have creative players around him who can get the ball to his feet in the box. But neither of them have had the players around them and system to give them the opportunity to do what they do best and both end up isolated and ineffective as a result.

Both players are ultimately Championship players rather than top flight players due to limitations to their game. But both can be very effective Championship players if teams set up to utilise their strengths and negate their weaknesses. We seem to do the opposite.

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

He is a striker, who’s had to learn to play other positions.

Was also about the ahead of Conway/Bell part, each has a better quality, each will suit a different type of team so would more pick the player based on what you want. Clinical finisher - Conway, out of possession work - Bell, Pace, directness and ability to drive at teams, and some aerial presence - Janneh

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Shtanley said:

Janneh is an out and out striker. Ahead of Bell and Conway if played there imo. I’d have him 4th choice and on the bench. 

I keep thinking, there must be a reason, some other reason, that we don't give him some first team action up front. The fact that he was banished after a being given 16 minutes in the wrong position is just odd.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lrrr said:

Was also about the ahead of Conway/Bell part, each has a better quality, each will suit a different type of team so would more pick the player based on what you want. Clinical finisher - Conway, out of possession work - Bell, Pace, directness and ability to drive at teams, and some aerial presence - Janneh

I don't watch many games, but I can't remember the last time I saw, or even felt that City were driving at a team and really taking it to them. Is that right? I think someone who can do that would be helpful. 

1 hour ago, mozo said:

I keep thinking, there must be a reason, some other reason, that we don't give him some first team action up front. The fact that he was banished after a being given 16 minutes in the wrong position is just odd.

I do agree. I think Pearson is one for sending a message to players not doing their bit defensively/tactically. He’s a striker tho, he should be in our squad. 

• Like 1

Would love to see Saikou get some decent game time . He’s an interesting character to say the least too . Saw him playing for Nic Wanderers under 16’s not too long after he came to the the UK with his Mum . Was like watching a fully grown man knocking little kids about for 90 mins ! We really have nothing to lose giving the lad a chance ! 

Edited by Baldyman
  • Like 3