IGNORED

Could Dale Vince(FGR) lead the way to commence football specials?

Never to the dark side

Apparently there has long been talk of reopening the trainline from Stonehouse to Bristol, but (as with Charfield), there's no sign of it happening. FGR will of course be more local to Stonehouse in a few years, a 20 minute drive from Forest Green. 

Edited by mozo

9 hours ago, Rocking Red Cyril said:

Why get the train to Stonehouse to then drive to nailsworth ?

I'm not sure if that's a reply to me?

Forest Green Rovers are building a swanky new stadium outside of Stonehouse so in theory there will be good train links from North and East (lower carbon footprint). If they then reopened the train line to Bristol they would have links to South and West. I guess the Nailsworth fans would have to travel by tandem bicycle to keep it green.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, mozo said:

I'm not sure if that's a reply to me?

Forest Green Rovers are building a swanky new stadium outside of Stonehouse so in theory there will be good train links from North and East (lower carbon footprint). If they then reopened the train line to Bristol they would have links to South and West. I guess the Nailsworth fans would have to travel by tandem bicycle to keep it green.

The new stadium would be about 2.5 miles from Stonehouse station

1 hour ago, sinenomine said:

The new stadium would be about 2.5 miles from Stonehouse station

I didn't realise it would be that far. I guess there would be a shuttle bus service from the station ?‍♂️

There aren't any boozers to break up the walk on the way either, only on the High St.

28 minutes ago, mozo said:

I didn't realise it would be that far. I guess there would be a shuttle bus service from the station ?‍♂️

There aren't any boozers to break up the walk on the way either, only on the High St.

Weird place is stonehouse,hardly any pubs but full of hairdressers and takeaways,so if you want to look good getting your fish and chips it’s the place to be 

21 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Weird place is stonehouse,hardly any pubs but full of hairdressers and takeaways,so if you want to look good getting your fish and chips it’s the place to be 

I've heard that one of the pubs is fine, the other one is rough, but neither show sports. Not ideal for an away day.

56 minutes ago, mozo said:

I've heard that one of the pubs is fine, the other one is rough, but neither show sports. Not ideal for an away day.

I only deliver up there so can’t comment on the pubs although one has about 10 people daily banging on the door to get in at half 7 in the morning and tother only has 2 led outside 

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

I only deliver up there so can’t comment on the pubs although one has about 10 people daily banging on the door to get in at half 7 in the morning and tother only has 2 led outside 

There were a few more pubs in the 80s. We used to get in The Globe before heading to AG, or sometimes The Woolpack.

Not been in since then, so can't remember much about them.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Mike Hunt-Hertz said:

There were a few more pubs in the 80s. We used to get in The Globe before heading to AG, or sometimes The Woolpack.

Not been in since then, so can't remember much about t

There wash the brewers before the bridge.a local hoodlum used to drink in there before murdering someone and doing a bunk and was on the run for years!

• Like 1