IGNORED

Any news about big Nige?

Franklin CITY

2 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

Surely this should be discouraged for his own sake?

If it is Long Covid then I guess that’s the nature of it, he can do bits and pieces but not a full role…. Lack of energy etc. 
The question for the club is - how long can we run with a part-time manager? The suggestion seems to be that we have been in this position for a month or so…. And the end product hasn’t been good so far. 
It’s all speculation and his health is the only important thing. If he can’t carry on, so be it, we’ll have to replace him and keep paying him - it’s no different to the out of favour players we end up paying to do nothing or, for that matter, a player with a long-term  injury. 

• Like 4

Just now, Mendip City said:

If it is Long Covid then I guess that’s the nature of it, he can do bits and pieces but not a full role…. Lack of energy etc. 
The question for the club is - how long can we run with a part-time manager? The suggestion seems to be that we have been in this position for a month or so…. And the end product hasn’t been good so far. 
It’s all speculation and his health is the only important thing. If he can’t carry on, so be it, we’ll have to replace him and keep paying him - it’s no different to the out of favour players we end up paying to do nothing or, for that matter, a player with a long-term  injury. 

I agree with this. Even if it isn't "long" it's the third bout in a short timespan, and - harsh as it may be - in a 'normal' job it would be under scrutiny from the managment.

2 minutes ago, Mendip City said:

I think he should be resting 100% and not worrying himself about the day-job. 

• Like 7

22 minutes ago, Mendip City said:

If Pearson was unable to fulfil his duties to an adequate level due to the illness the best thing would be to use his expertise in a slightly different role, working alongside a new head coach.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mozo said:

If Pearson was unable to fulfil his duties to an adequate level due to the illness the best thing would be to use his expertise in a slightly different role, working alongside a new head coach.

Yes, that is a possibility, especially as between him and SL there is a plan in place.

RG’s quote is the clarity he needed to give last week.

We just have to await further updates as match day gets closer….and then beyond.

This at least suggests to me that the plan is that he does return, as opposed to the wild rumours that were circulating elsewhere last week.

Long Covid can be very tricky so when (& possibly if, should results continue to be poor whilst he’s off) is for the future.

Would not be at all surprised if Fleming is the one in the dugout on Saturday though.

• Like 1

Not trying to fuel conspiracy theories, understand people will say things like ‘never satisfied’ etc. but the lack of a quote directly from Pearson makes me suspicious on this.

Not expecting a 20 minute sit-down but he’s presumably in contact with the club via phone so I’m curious why that wasn’t able to be included.

The club needed to say something and they have. That’s great. Not criticising them and it’s nice to hear a more promising tone, fingers crossed he’s back fit and firing ASAP. As it always has been the main/only thing is he gets himself healthy.

23 minutes ago, mozo said:

Agree…. Trouble is no one will know how temporary or permanent this will be.  That’s going to make decision making harder but you’d imagine the we longer the situation (and poor form) continue the quicker big decisions will need to be made. 

Edited by Mendip City
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, S_C said:

Not trying to fuel conspiracy theories, understand people will say things like ‘never satisfied’ etc. but the lack of a quote directly from Pearson makes me suspicious on this.

Not expecting a 20 minute sit-down but he’s presumably in contact with the club via phone so I’m curious why that wasn’t able to be included.

The club needed to say something and they have. That’s great. Not criticising them and it’s nice to hear a more promising tone, fingers crossed he’s back fit and firing ASAP. As it always has been the main/only thing is he gets himself healthy.

I guess if you’re “home on the sick” then a quote is probably inappropriate?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Yes, that is a possibility, especially as between him and SL there is a plan in place.

RG’s quote is the clarity he needed to give last week.

We just have to await further updates as match day gets closer….and then beyond.

It’s so tricky for all involved. The real issue to me is that this isn’t like a broken leg where you are fit or not fit….  
If NP is back to work on Monday morning, he won’t be straight back to full-time work…. surely? How does this all fit with an all-encompassing role like football manager. 

A move “upstairs” is sensible….. however he’s not the man for corporate dealing/agents etc. He’d be helpful to an inexperienced manager…. However an inexperienced manager is the last thing we need! IMO we need Warnock…. and the last thing he needs is a young un like Nige telling him what to do!!!

in short…. It’s a bloody nightmare!!!  

get well soon Nige! 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, S_C said:

What an odd take on it. He is at home, resting - trying to get better and you want him to make an appearance ? You have been given an update from the club - just let the bloke rest up 

• Like 3
  • Robin 1