IGNORED

Any news about big Nige?

Franklin CITY

2 hours ago, S_C said:

The club surely realise the best way to address uncertainty surrounding the managers future, an uncertainty that they helped create after Gould’s RB interview, is to get two sentences from Pearson during one of their phone chats which they can pump out to fans, settling rumours down. 

I was totally comfortable with the message that came out at lunchtime….I didn’t need anything more.  But that is me.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I was totally comfortable with the message that came out at lunchtime….I didn’t need anything more.  But that is me.

Agreed. Although I don't see why a similar statement couldn't have been put out at this time last week instead of Gould going on the radio and sounding unsure of himself.

1 hour ago, GrahamC said:

It would certainly surprise me.

He has never carried out this role at any club before & nor has he shown any interest in ever doing so. This is the “Joe Jordan as Director of Football” conversation all over again.

He’ll either return to his current role at some point or otherwise he’ll leave, I don’t see any other options.

He is kinda carrying out a “super manager” role already imho.  Re-building a lot of stuff beyond the pure footballing side.  Doesn’t mean he has to speak to Agents per se, hence why I’m not keen on using HoR, DoF role titles because the role, whatever it is titled can encapsulate whatever aspects it needs to.

1 hour ago, Marcus Aurelius said:

Pearson - Director of Football - In charge of all footballing matters

Steve Walsh - Head of Recruitment- In charge of recruitment, inc agents etc

??? - Head coach - In charge of liquid football 

Yeah.

1 minute ago, Northern Red said:

Agreed. Although I don't see why a similar statement couldn't have been put out at this time last week instead of Gould going on the radio and sounding unsure of himself.

That is very true.  Even if it was a bit of a fib,

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Absolutely @Davefevs

My earlier post was just stating that even before his current Covid related illnesses, NP had some underlying health concerns.

I fear it will be a while yet until until he is back.

Some of RG's points over the last couple of weeks point towards the club's hand being forced somewhat by results.

• Like 1

You’re totally right, it’s simply speculation, which if we’re all learning a new word today, is fairly otiose ?.

So my hunch is this, he’s an awkward bugger who based on the fact that he has properties in Devon & Sheffield has not been exactly daft in the way that he’s spent the money football has brought him, so he doesn’t need to work.

He has also said there are parts of the business (agents, etc) he has no interest in dealing with, which is bad news if you ever wanted to be a Director of Football..

He also has his interests away from the game, hiking, the outdoors, so added to the fact that he has indicated before he doesn’t live solely for the game, I reckon he would walk away & do other stuff if his health meant he couldn’t be a manager anymore.

Mine went off in to hibernation last week of his own accord. 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Selred said:

I think, and this is fair, he could of had one or two lines. 

Agreed, a couple of lines always picks me up when I'm feeling low.

You’re totally right, it’s simply speculation, which if we’re all learning a new word today, is fairly otiose ?.

Long one of my favourite words, ever since I read it in the Gormenghast trilogy.

• Like 1

Statement purely to laid the foundations of announcing him missing another game this weekend imo

Hope he gets well soon. But basically saying he wasn’t totally right for 5/6 games before Coventry (or words to that effect) & now still home-ridden for another week-ish at least isn’t a great sign

• Like 2

So, those with suspicious minds and who listened to the conspiracies last week, might ask ;

If he’s specifically recovering at “home” this week, where was he recovering last week?? 

Me, I wouldn’t ask such a question, but thought that those suspicious conspiracy theorists might jump on that one!! ?

• Haha 1
  • Flames 1

58 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Statement purely to laid the foundations of announcing him missing another game this weekend imo

Hope he gets well soon. But basically saying he wasn’t totally right for 5/6 games before Coventry (or words to that effect) & now still home-ridden for another week-ish at least isn’t a great sign

I think you’re right about him not being back for the weekend - even if he’s there it seems almost impossible to believe he’ll be anywhere near up to speed.  
The club is in a tricky position but with 3 games in a week coming up, things will probably come to a head. 

2 hours ago, Hampshire reds said:

If nige has been ill for a while  why did we let Keith and paul leave. Surely at this stage there experience would have been vital. all very stange what is happening down at ashton gate.

Because they improved nothing had no impact at all on the performances on the pitch 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Hampshire reds said:

If nige has been ill for a while  why did we let Keith and paul leave. Surely at this stage there experience would have been vital. all very stange what is happening down at ashton gate.

Not sure he could stop them.

58 minutes ago, woodsyred said:

Because they improved nothing had no impact at all on the performances on the pitch 

and they wanted out.

Unless I am mistaken, everybody genuinely concerned understands and accepts that 'Big Nige' is currently endeavouring to overcome a second bout of this awful disease that is COVID, and I believe there comes a time when one must just be patient and leave him to recuperate as best he can without constantly prying in to what, surely, is his personal business.

Just accept it: Nigel Pearson is unwell - and, Please, no distasteful comparisons to the late Jeffrey Bernard. 

58 minutes ago, Hampshire reds said:

bit like the others that are there at the moment.

Correct - and previousley Nige had endorsed Kieth and Paul but their departure had suggested some tension/fallout.  

Coupled with the lack of application from the players would suggest an  unhappy camp.

Agree with your earlier post that all very strange going-ons at the gate.

I am not convinced that covid is the real issue here (not disputing that he has not had covid) but think there are other issues (all gut feeling).

Something just does not feel right and I think he'll be gone this/next week.

Worth noting that I have been on the Malbec so may come over as a drama queen!

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, City37 said:

Correct - and previousley Nige had endorsed Kieth and Paul but their departure had suggested some tension/fallout.  

Coupled with the lack of application from the players would suggest an  unhappy camp.

Agree with your earlier post that all very strange going-ons at the gate.

I am not convinced that covid is the real issue here (not disputing that he has not had covid) but think there are other issues (all gut feeling).

Something just does not feel right and I think he'll be gone this/next week.

Worth noting that I have been on the Malbec so may come over as a drama queen!

I'm Malbec-free and agree that the two coaches leaving is plain weird and seems too coincimental that it happened just when Nige was struggling to power through illness.

12 hours ago, Harry said:

So, those with suspicious minds and who listened to the conspiracies last week, might ask ;

If he’s specifically recovering at “home” this week, where was he recovering last week?? 

Me, I wouldn’t ask such a question, but thought that those suspicious conspiracy theorists might jump on that one!! ?

So what you saying mate 

There is something wrong with NP healthwise, otherwise why wouldnt he be here? saying that a few words from him via video would end the speculation. i.e "I`m recovering well and expect to be back in a few days/week/months" wouldnt take too much effort on the clubs/his part.:dunno:

9 hours ago, City37 said:

Nor me - that interview by Gould on RB was definetly priming the fan base for something.  

I just can' t see him coming back.

When you consider everything then this situation is absolutely leading to one thing only....

Hopefully "the club" are not snoozing at the wheel (again),, & doing what needs to be done right now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gl2 said:

There is something wrong with NP healthwise, otherwise why wouldnt he be here? saying that a few words from him via video would end the speculation. i.e "I`m recovering well and expect to be back in a few days/week/months" wouldnt take too much effort on the clubs/his part.:dunno:

Just taking a different view….what if he looks like and sounds like shit in a video….what does that do to help?

It’s a forum, we can of course speculate, but last week we moaned (me included) that RG’s 20Man comments weren’t helpful.  Yesterday he gives an update, and now we want more.

• Like 6