IGNORED

Any news about big Nige?

Franklin CITY

33 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

No manager, ever, will put an emphasis on formations.

Secondly, literally a manager's primary job is to create a "culture" and winning environment. That's their main job. 

"Secondly, literally a manager's primary job is to create a "culture" and winning environment. That's their main job" = Oh dear !

Edited by VT05763

This is the problem when people jump on snippets of a post about an interview and take it out of context.

1 hour ago, billywedlock said:

What a weird interpretation. He never said formations and tactics are not important . What he was saying is that whatever formation or tactics if you do not apply professional approach it means nothing . Ask Pep or Klopp they will tell you the same . 

here is someone ⬆️⬆️⬆️ that took the time to listen / read the interview post-match and not spin an agenda onto it.

I’d copy the link to the club post-match interview and the James Piercy transcript in here, but it’s futile when people have made their mind up that all blame lies at Nige / Coaching Staff’s feet….and virtually every post finds a way to further spin that agenda.

I am definitely not absolving them of responsibility, but to think it’s “one thing” is naive.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Davefevs said:

This is the problem when people jump on snippets of a post about an interview and take it out of context.

here is someone ⬆️⬆️⬆️ that took the time to listen / read the interview post-match and not spin an agenda onto it.

I’d copy the link to the club post-match interview and the James Piercy transcript in here, but it’s futile when people have made their mind up that all blame lies at Nige / Coaching Staff’s feet….and virtually every post finds a way to further spin that agenda.

I am definitely not absolving them of responsibility, but to think it’s “one thing” is naive.

Its not the "one thing" but get that wrong and you will fail.

We have a mid table Championship squad and under this coaching set up we have won 6 in 32 league matches and been knocked out of the League Cup by a League 2 team.

To continue the narrative that the players aren't good enough, lazy, troublemakers and unable to follow concise coaching instruction is naive.

You are correct it is a mix of things, the degree of where the main problems lay is where some of us differ in our opinions.

7 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I don't claim to have your depth of knowledge and analysis of our game sir. For what it's worth I like Nige and still want him to succeed. However important the culture of the team/club is, it just seems common sense to me that the coaches must take some responsibility for our current woes. 

We see week after week how easy it is to get crosses in against us. Full backs too narrow, coming out late and often facing up to two men with no support. I certainly don't see other teams allowing us to do that to them. Is that attitude, lack of ability, or not following instructions? I honestly don't know, but it seems a basic weakness which I would hope could be addressed by the coaches. Maybe they DO set out with a plan to prevent this and the players don't follow it, who knows. My perception is they aren't set up to stop it but maybe I am being naive. 

• Like 4

55 minutes ago, robin_unreliant said:

I don't claim to have your depth of knowledge and analysis of our game sir. For what it's worth I like Nige and still want him to succeed. However important the culture of the team/club is, it just seems common sense to me that the coaches must take some responsibility for our current woes. 

We see week after week how easy it is to get crosses in against us. Full backs too narrow, coming out late and often facing up to two men with no support. I certainly don't see other teams allowing us to do that to them. Is that attitude, lack of ability, or not following instructions? I honestly don't know, but it seems a basic weakness which I would hope could be addressed by the coaches. Maybe they DO set out with a plan to prevent this and the players don't follow it, who knows. My perception is they aren't set up to stop it but maybe I am being naive. 

Good post.

3 hours ago, robin_unreliant said:

it just seems common sense to me that the coaches must take some responsibility for our current woes. 

Absolutely sir.

I don’t disagree with the rest of the post either.  We have problems with the “system”.  What we can’t categorically state is where the fault lies….my view it’s a combination of things.

There are tactical things “I think” are wrong from watching each match, but I don’t have the benefit of knowing whether that’s poorly defined tactics or poor execution of the tactic, or even whether the reason we are doing x is because it saves us from exposing y.  To explain with a simple example, is the reason we defend narrow, to stop teams exploiting a weakness we have centrally?  If we sort out the crosses do teams hit us through the middle.  I have lots of thoughts on this, but unless Nige shares the tactical plan with me / us, it’s really difficult to say.

There are players who “I think” do the wrong things, whether that is attitude, effort, or inability to execute the plan.  When I see players haring into a press on their own, that’s look wonderful from an effort point of view, but I also see it breaking our shape.  When I see players not acting upon a pressing trigger I see some of it being poor attitude / commitment, some of it poor execution.

Having watched all the pre-season games, I saw a “system” come together….and develop through the early weeks of the season.  We are no longer doing those things.  That is why we are now struggling.  Why aren’t we doing those things?  Multiple reasons.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Having watched all the pre-season games, I saw a “system” come together….and develop through the early weeks of the season.  We are no longer doing those things.  That is why we are now struggling.  Why aren’t we doing those things?  Multiple reasons.

I agree. 

You have to wonder just how long NP has felt ill. "More than a month" has been mentioned. How many games when we thought he was in the driving seat has he not been able to give his all because he's suffering from the aftereffects of this repeat infections.

Were the club hierarchy aware of how illness was impacting his ability to manage?  Did they just assume he'd be able to muddle through?

I don't know the answers, but it all ties in to the sort of questions asked in the KITR thread today.

• Like 1