IGNORED

Help please.

burhou

32 minutes ago, burhou said:

Hi All, Come up from Taunton with my daughter to watch City games. Have been parking in Ashton Court up to now but their closing time is now 17:15 which is too soon to get back to the car. Is it permissible to park in the Park and Ride?

Thanks.

I know a couple of people who do with no problem but It is not advertised as being available ?

I come up from that direction and go to the Brislington P and R via Keynsham, bit of a long way round but we stop at Street McDonalds on the way home.

Over the years travelling up from Devon have parked in that area in various locations around the ground. 

Every time I find what a I think was the ideal spot some bugger comes along and closes it!

Did do the LA park and ride -the friggin obvious facility for match day parking clear to all but the ‘rulers’ who haven't a brain cell between them - but they had a purge on football supporters using it some years (possibly decades) back. Uncertain what the situation is now. 

Had used the cricket club for years until that became very restricted parking when someone grabbed a major part of the site and started charging sky-high prices. Like you, also used the Ashton Court car park but closing the gates during winter rules that out. 

Did start using the bus match day services and parked up at my Mum’s in WoT, but then that was withdrawn! 

So, I’ve fallen back to the Portway P&R, which is convenient to the M5. Heard (on here) that someone had his cat converter nicked while attending the match which ain’t great, but services are ok. Pretty packed return services post match from my experience so haven’t used it since Covid.

Think I’ll be using the train in the future - great wander through the centre and various pubs. Bit of a rush back particularly as the ****** Bristol fast bus thingy that goes from AG to Temple Meads seems to ignore football supporters. 

Oh for some co-ordinated transport planning. 

• Like 1

It's £10 in the field right next to the cricket club, by the bottom entrance to ashton court, when you come out it's straight down the A369 back to Taunton, as long as it's not been raining heavily leading up to the match you should be fine to get a space it's a rip off but if there are a few of you it only works out at a few quid each.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, MattWSM said:

Yes, train is best value all round when travelling from Taunton/Bridgwater/WsM to Bristol

... and Swindon too. Around £16 return. Why someone would choose to drive and park, not be able to have a beer, then have all the hassle getting back our of Bristol, for more than double the price? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, burhou said:

Hi All, Come up from Taunton with my daughter to watch City games. Have been parking in Ashton Court up to now but their closing time is now 17:15 which is too soon to get back to the car. Is it permissible to park in the Park and Ride?

Thanks.

Check out Justpark and Parkonmydrive.  If you book in advance you can normally get a place on a driveway very close to ashton gate for about £6