IGNORED

Parking around AG

CyderInACan

3 hours ago, CyderInACan said:

Well. A lot of fans seem to think it's OK to park wherever they want and however dangerously they want. So I get it. But the net result is obviously much less parking available on Duckmoor, Smyth etc etc 

The new double yelllow lines are only in places where they have previously placed cones. However, those cones seemed little to discourage some people who think they are above everyone else, so go ahead and move them, thus blocking up junctions, causing traffic jams and making it difficult for people to cross safely.

4 hours ago, CodeRed said:

The park and ride is great...for getting to the ground.  Getting home is not so good.  I used to use the Portway P&R regularly and I found that unless you got on the bus or buses already waiting at the stop (by the Robins pub) then you had a wait of maybe 50 minutes while the buses fight through the traffic on Winterstoke Rd and then run down to the P&R site and return.  To get on the buses waiting at the stop meant leaving at least 5 minutes before the end of the match,  the final straw was after a night game where we waited in the pouring rain for nearly an hour and it was so cold and wet an elderly gentleman waiting collapsed and an ambulance had to be called.  When the bus finally came it pulled up with the door by the back of the queue and those at the back piled on leaving those at the front who had waited the longest to wait even longer for another bus.

I haven't used it since.

Yes I must admit I do try and catch the first one after a game. I wonder down near an exit in the final minute and exit as soon as the whistle blows.

A brisk walk and I nearly always catch the first bus and am in my car before 5.30. Oddly, at the last game the driver was opposite the stop where you get dropped off, a 100 metres or so before the Robins, not sure if she’d made a mistake but it made it easier. Though it confused one chap who got off in Shirehampton cursing and swearing because he thought he’d got on the bus to the centre.

8 hours ago, Laner said:

I'm fortunate to live about a five minute walk from the ground and know parking isn't great. And hasn't been helped by the council decisions e.g. extending the RPZs.

But I do wonder sometimes, why people think they can turn up to an event of 20,000(ish) people and park in the roads directly around the stadium at 2:30pm?

I live about 5 mins walk away, inside the RPZ zone. The RPZ sorted our parking out totally - it was terrible before and it's good now. Busy when there's a game on but that's fair enough and fine the rest of the week. I think the Bedminster side has been totally stuffed by the council refusing to extend the RPZ. One side of the North Street having restrictions and the other not is a disaster (for those with no restrictions). 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Stedge said:

The park and ride is cheaper, easier to drive to (not stuck in a tonne of traffic)  and drops you off right outside the ground. The cricket club probably takes just as long to get out from after the game also, as everyone’s trying to cram through a couple of gates. I just find the bus a more chilled experience.

It is if your on your own I agree but 3 of us share the cost so it works out cheaper than the bus and we also get to go when we want to, the bus times from Pill especially for night games is cr*p.

23 hours ago, Laner said:

I'm fortunate to live about a five minute walk from the ground and know parking isn't great. And hasn't been helped by the council decisions e.g. extending the RPZs.

But I do wonder sometimes, why people think they can turn up to an event of 20,000(ish) people and park in the roads directly around the stadium at 2:30pm?

Probably because we could when there was only about 6-7k of us turning up for home games. So we got used to easy parking. I agree, it’s a different scenario nowadays though.

On 17/11/2021 at 07:12, CyderInACan said:

Just a quick heads up that the council have finally painted lengthy double yellow lines around the junctions with the roads off Duckmoor Rd, thus reducing even further the amount of on-road free parking available. The grass verges outside Wickes are also cordoned off on a matchday (slightly old news). 

Can we not just park outside your house? Works for me.?

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, BTRFTG said:

So if I read it right one CAN park in the LA P&R on a Saturday and NOT have to buy a bus ticket, or do they do something clever with ANPR recognition. The website, deliberately I'm sure, is as clear as mud.

Yes one can...just don't get caught !! Seriously its not policed, nobody checks if you get on a bus at P&R's as far as I know.

9 minutes ago, YGBjammy said:

What's the walk like from LA P&R to the ground? Is it easy enough? Might do this next time

It’s approx 15 minutes to the stadium. Not a nice walk now that it’s dark as it’s unlit ( you’ll need a torch), there’s a narrow footpath adjacent to David Lloyd Sports Centre that is rather overgrown, and then a narrow pavement alongside the A370 which is full of holes and puddles forcing you to walk on the busy road. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BTRFTG said:

So if I read it right one CAN park in the LA P&R on a Saturday and NOT have to buy a bus ticket, or do they do something clever with ANPR recognition. The website, deliberately I'm sure, is as clear as mud.

Just park there and walk to the ground. No ANPR or other restrictions. Used by a few switched on Away fans too.

3 hours ago, Sir Geoff said:

10.45 pm

I looked it up and your right, strange as the last bus leaves hours before that, there is an opportunity there for some money to be made especially for night games if they charged say a fiver per car after say 7pm it would take thousands on the night, can't believe they don't do it.

50 minutes ago, pillred said:

I looked it up and your right, strange as the last bus leaves hours before that, there is an opportunity there for some money to be made especially for night games if they charged say a fiver per car after say 7pm it would take thousands on the night, can't believe they don't do it.

Dont tell em pike.... 

• Haha 1