IGNORED

Nige is back!

ChippenhamRed

8 minutes ago, Sarumred said:

Welcome back Nige.  I just hope he's 100% fit and ready to lead us out of the hole we have dug for ourselves. 

This is the worry. He's the kind of bloke who must hate admitting he's too ill to do the job well. But it appears in the run-up to his enforced absence, that may well have been the case.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, CHIPLEY RED said:

On a personal note its good to see him back to what looks like good health, i hope he is fully recovered.

From a footbally perspective I'm not sure what difference it will make. 

We were crap befor he went off ill, we were crap when he was off ill so i guess we will be crap now hes back - or am i being negative.

Yes we have been crap (since he took the job to be fair, mostly) BUT perhaps he has been unwell the whole time and unable to give his best and now the "real" NP is back in town and we will see improvement.

1 minute ago, tin said:

Great to see him back but he has very little time to work with the squad before Saturday. Hopefully he can get the solidity back which we started the season with. I'd settle for a 0-0 right now, if only to boost the back-line's confidence!

I'd settle for 3-3 !! Taking my boy and his best friend - entertainment please.

8 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

First time round covid took me 6 weeks to get rid of… I just hope he’s fit. 

It is a worry that he is back so quickly but perhaps he needed to spend a couple of weeks outside of the "pressure cooker" as much as the rest for illness.

For definite a win on Saturday will make him feel a whole lot better I would guess.

41 minutes ago, Sarumred said:

Welcome back Nige.  I just hope he's 100% fit and ready to lead us out of the hole we have dug for ourselves. 

Indeed. I have 2 sons at home at the moment suffering from the effects of long COVID. They seem to be having relapses about once every 4 weeks. Let's hope everyone is 100% very soon.