IGNORED

Nige is back!

ChippenhamRed

• The title was changed to Nige is back!
2 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

At least it quashes the silly rumour about "enforced gardening leave". Hopefully give people who believed that one pause for thought about believing everything they see on social media.

I will certainly put my hands up and say I posted “Nige gone”, but I did also add to the post “if true”.  Person who told me had been spot-on with everything up to that point, Simpson going, Ball promoted, Atkinson signing, etc.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Summary: Tanner out for 2-3 weeks (hamstring)

Application not as expected - there will be changes 

Players (some) still not onboard - there will be changes brought forward - assume that means January

Williams fit for selection.

Good to see Williams back, we've badly missed him.

He made a huge difference with his desire at Peterborough away.

No mention of Kalas (possibly injured). It also looks like Atkinson is a last minute call. Simpson or Vyner at rb then, hmm... Brereton  Diaz is going to have a field day there.

Not sure what changes he can do at the moment? Conway on the bench for sure. Where else?

11 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Summary: Tanner out for 2-3 weeks (hamstring)

Application not as expected - there will be changes 

Players (some) still not onboard - there will be changes brought forward - assume that means January

Williams fit for selection.

Baker, Conway, Semenyo all available. James out.

edit: Atkinson "training"

Edited by Northern Red
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I will certainly put my hands up and say I posted “Nige gone”, but I did also add to the post “if true”.  Person who told me had been spot-on with everything up to that point, Simpson going, Ball promoted, Atkinson signing, etc.

I'm definitely going to wind you up with 'has he gone yet, Dave??!' comments ?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, And Its Smith said:

Anyone who pushed the rumours that Pearson was unwell not because of covid but something else needs to think about their actions. 

There’s so many pricks still posting beer emojis under his welcome back posts . If he does have a drinking issue it’s personal and shouldn’t have the piss take out of him 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Baker, Conway, Semenyo all available. James out.

edit: Atkinson "training"

Ta, didn’t realise the interview was part way through.

Just now, Northern Red said:

Kalas is "fine, he's trained today".

That’s good too.

Think it proves there are definitely OTIBers who have some ITK with TK, as Nige said he’s had a toe procedure.

So, we are starting to see some of the squad return…think we will be able to further speculate who isn’t on the bus over the next couple of games.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, NcnsBcfc said:

Good to see Williams back, we've badly missed him.

He made a huge difference with his desire at Peterborough away.

No mention of Kalas (possibly injured). It also looks like Atkinson is a last minute call. Simpson or Vyner at rb then, hmm... Brereton  Diaz is going to have a field day there.

Not sure what changes he can do at the moment? Conway on the bench for sure. Where else?

Semenyo coming back in, I guess.

If Williams starts too & the whole back 4 apart from Kalas changes, that’s half the outfield players..

Nige talks about competition for places being good, which is true….but it’s also good to have your best players available (or at least who Nige thinks are his best players).  I see that starting to happen if all 3 CBs are fit (even if that means Baker at LB), plus Williams.  Although I’m not sold on Semenyo being a £10m player I do think he’s a capable Champ player, plus he brings physicality, power and pace, plus the ability to go past a player.

If I look back to earlier this season, Pring, Nagy (transfer request), Bakinson, and Massengo (just returning from injury), we’re even getting kitted up.  Williams, Kalas we’re on the bench.  We need to get back to that strong match day 18.  This break has helped that.  Fingers crossed.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

If Williams starts too & the whole back 4 apart from Kalas changes, that’s half the outfield players..

Decisions at left back as well. JD hasn't been great defensively at all; and whilst Pring is probably a better defender; he can't seem to last longer than 60 or so minutes; before the inevitable substitution.

@JonDolman did a really good analytical piece on how dysfunctional we are at the moment. But for me, we have to get back to defending properly; and not conceding such soft goals; not easy when we still haven't really recruited any quality in the full back positions for years. Not sure how they thought a 20 year old L2 player, could make the step up into a struggling Champ side. He can improve of course in time, but the Champ is an unforgiving league; and he's been part of the side, that in the last 6 weeks have fallen off a cliff somewhat.

Martin looks like he could do with a break as well. But of course, it's only him and Weimann that have been scoring.

Tough decisions ahead. We badly need a much improved team performance (or even better a win ) against Blackburn.

17 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

I dont mind that - kinda feel it needs shaking up. Also delighted Joe Williams is back - his performance against The Posh is a highlight of an otherwise crap season. Could do with that against Blackburn ?

9 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Although I’m not sold on Semenyo being a £10m player I do think he’s a capable Champ player, plus he brings physicality, power and pace, plus the ability to go past a player.

He has all that, but he doesn't seem to bring any ability to score goals, unless it's into an empty net.

I just don't think he should play as a striker.  We've had 70 games now to form that conclusion. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, NcnsBcfc said:

Decisions at left back as well. JD hasn't been great defensively at all; and whilst Pring is probably a better defender; he can't seem to last longer than 60 or so minutes; before the inevitable substitution.

@JonDolman did a really good analytical piece on how dysfunctional we are at the moment. But for me, we have to get back to defending properly; and not conceding such soft goals; not easy when we still haven't really recruited any quality in the full back positions for years. Not sure how they thought a 20 year old L2 player, could make the step up into a struggling Champ side. He can improve of course in time, but the Champ is an unforgiving league; and he's been part of the side, that in the last 6 weeks have fallen off a cliff somewhat.

Martin looks like he could do with a break as well. But of course, it's only him and Weimann that have been scoring.

Tough decisions ahead. We badly need a much improved team performance (or even better a win ) against Blackburn.

Hopefully Martin has just had his break the last fortnight!  Seriously though, he needs to be used smartly, whether that is starting 2 in 3 at most, or starting but only playing 65 mins.  However, after Tuesday, we are 4 straight weekends and 8 days to Boxing Day, so a chance for sensible rest and recuperation.

Should Williams start on Saturday, I’d be seriously considering not starting him Wednesday v Stoke.  He needs managing over the next 2 months.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

He has all that, but he doesn't seem to bring any ability to score goals, unless it's into an empty net.

I just don't think he should play as a striker.  We've had 70 games now to form that conclusion. 

We’ve probably had 65 games as a wide forward to form that conclusion….we’ve not seen him play through the middle very often at all.  He doesn’t look a “goalscorer” from what we’ve seen admittedly, but I’m not willing to write him off centrally on limited evidence….not just yet anyway. He generates power from very little back lift…but his decision making certainly needs work.

Don't know if I'm the only one but I find difficult to believe that he can motivate anyone with his monotone, hesitant way of talking. I find myself drifting off and thinking about something else during his interviews. I wish he was more dynamic and invigorating, but I guess that's just his style. Hope he's different in the dressing room.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I have to say I still believe our starting XI really could be quite good - problem is getting them all out there at the same time. James and Williams are key. RB/RWB is the obvious problem that needs addressing for the next few weeks. Now don’t laugh…..  

Bentley  

Atkinson Kalas Baker 

Wiemann                                       Pring

Massengo Williams O’Dowda 

Martin Wells

• Confused 2

4 minutes ago, Desso said:

Don't know if I'm the only one but I find difficult to believe that he can motivate anyone with his monotone, hesitant way of talking. I find myself drifting off and thinking about something else during his interviews. I wish he was more dynamic and invigorating, but I guess that's just his style. Hope he's different in the dressing room.

He interviews are different to the way he speaks normally, even his kids tell him 

• Like 2