IGNORED

Nige is back!

ChippenhamRed

3 hours ago, VT05763 said:

Great news on all fronts, now bring on Blackburn.

Don't be too delirious about it?  Come 5.00 pm Saturday........   Nige and the rest of us will all probably be feeling sick again?.    Please forgive my cynicism, but until I see some major improvements in our performances, I am leaning towards a pessimistic outlook.  Of course I hope i  am wrong, but just because Nige is back, and we have had 2 weeks off , I am not expecting a sudden epiphany?  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, maxjak said:

Don't be too delirious about it?  Come 5.00 pm Saturday........   Nige and the rest of us will all probably be feeling sick again?.    Please forgive my cynicism, but until I see some major improvements in our performances, I am leaning towards a pessimistic outlook.  Of course I hope i  am wrong, but just because Nige is back, and we have had 2 weeks off , I am not expecting a sudden epiphany?  

I don't think it's an epiphany we need but a balanced side. The return of Massengo, Williams and Semenyo moves us towards that, although James' absence is a bit of a worry.

I don't think we're about to suddenly become the best team in the division but I do think our best eleven is good enough to scrape enough points here and there to move us toward mid-table. 

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, maxjak said:

My hope is we are normally playing decently, then an international break comes along and when we return to the fray we play like absolute dogshit.

This time we were crap before the international break, so maybe the reverse will happen.  :laughcont:

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, maxjak said:

The quote on the BBC Football website from Nige is intriguing?..................."Certain individuals are not on side, and I will do everything I can to get rid of them"  So It would seem that there are still a few bad apples in the squad, who need to be jettisoned?

A damning sentence if ever there was. 

7 minutes ago, maxjak said:

The quote on the BBC Football website from Nige is intriguing?..................."Certain individuals are not on side, and I will do everything I can to get rid of them"  So It would seem that there are still a few bad apples in the squad, who need to be jettisoned?

Surely that is a dig at Palmer? I'd also guess O'Dowda, who was often publicly vocal about Lee Johnson during his time in charge.

Not sure they're the only two, but Nige is right that the culture in a team is critical for a happy camp.

We clearly need new blood, not only as we have an ageing team on the field, but new players will breed a healthy competition in the squad and provide some new voices too. 

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Nige talks about competition for places being good, which is true….but it’s also good to have your best players available (or at least who Nige thinks are his best players).  I see that starting to happen if all 3 CBs are fit (even if that means Baker at LB), plus Williams.  Although I’m not sold on Semenyo being a £10m player I do think he’s a capable Champ player, plus he brings physicality, power and pace, plus the ability to go past a player.

If I look back to earlier this season, Pring, Nagy (transfer request), Bakinson, and Massengo (just returning from injury), we’re even getting kitted up.  Williams, Kalas we’re on the bench.  We need to get back to that strong match day 18.  This break has helped that.  Fingers crossed.

Defenders hate players that are willing to run at/past them. He'll at least keep the opposition on their toes. Oh sh1t, I'm begining to look forward to the weekend.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Wiltshire robin said:

There’s so many pricks still posting beer emojis under his welcome back posts . If he does have a drinking issue it’s personal and shouldn’t have the piss take out of him 

The FB page is full of it. Needs shutting down.

1 hour ago, Desso said:

Don't know if I'm the only one but I find difficult to believe that he can motivate anyone with his monotone, hesitant way of talking. I find myself drifting off and thinking about something else during his interviews. I wish he was more dynamic and invigorating, but I guess that's just his style. Hope he's different in the dressing room.

I think his son said his interview style is pretty much completely opposite to how he normally speaks - thousands of miles an hour with real excitement apparently.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, One Team said:

Palmer you would think and others not in the squad. 

I was hoping he meant O’Dowda as well but given he’s contributed to the press conference you would assume not. ?

I reckon cod is probably the sort of personable young fellow who youd like your daughter to bring home, like taylor moore, and is positive and good to have around,,, its just that he never does anything on the pitch apart from approx 1 assist and 1 goal per season

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Simon bristol said:

I reckon cod is probably the sort of personable young fellow who youd like your daughter to bring home, like taylor moore, and is positive and good to have around,,, its just that he never does anything on the pitch apart from approx 1 assist and 1 goal per season

Completely agree, he seems a lovely lad and probably a decent human (maybe why he got the job) but he’s not a Championship footballer. 

Totally delighted that he’s back and well enough to resume his role. Loved the ‘some players are not on-side and I will do everything I can to get rid of them’ line. 

NP is the future and I have complete confidence in him turning this situation around. 

Welcome back Nigel. 

• Like 5
  • Robin 5

1 hour ago, Tomo said:

Wowza… Shots fired here.

”To those players who aren’t on board, I will do everything I can to get rid of them. They won’t be here”

The chap replied along the lines of “Do you know who those players are yet?”

Nige replies quickly with a “yes”.

• Like 2
  • Flames 2