IGNORED

Nige is back!

ChippenhamRed

38 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Thought both goals were largely down to O'Dowda against Coventry. And should have had another penalty and player sent off earlier in the game.

Agree in main….not “largely” for second goal…that’s stretching it a bit ?

What did you make of his interview?  I thought it was decent, spoke well…until James Piercy asked him the “do the players care” question.  Where he went off on a bit of a ramble, looked uncomfortable and started nose-scratching?

16 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

Wowza… Shots fired here.

”To those players who aren’t on board, I will do everything I can to get rid of them. They won’t be here”

The chap replied along the lines of “Do you know who those players are yet?”

Nige replies quickly with a “yes”.

Has he repeated the point in another interview? This is what was said in this particular one.

NP “Certain individuals aren’t on side let’s put it like that and I’ll do everything I can to get rid of them”

Journo “if that’s looking at January, would experience be one of the key recruitment aspects you’re looking to add?”

NP “Too early to give you an absolute answer on that”

55 minutes ago, Pezo said:

It might be easier to say who it's not:

Bentley, Kalas, Baker, Atkinson, James, Scott, Tanner, Weiman, Massengo, Pring, Simpson, King.

We should be pretty sure they all want to be here based on when they signed and what we see them do.

Think you’re right, I’d be surprised if Martin (who he has picked for every game) & O’Leary aren’t on that list, too.

However he also said he still might have to use those players he wants rid of depending on circumstances, so not as easy to draw conclusions on others unless they disappear from selection completely.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, SBB said:

Has he repeated the point in another interview? This is what was said in this particular one.

NP “Certain individuals aren’t on side let’s put it like that and I’ll do everything I can to get rid of them”

Journo “if that’s looking at January, would experience be one of the key recruitment aspects you’re looking to add?”

NP “Too early to give you an absolute answer on that”

Yes, what you’ve quoted there is in the video above. As is the comment I posted above??

• Like 1

I get the impression some players have been told that aren't good enough, or haven't been able to get up to speed so to speak and realise the enivitable. Have downed tools and are now just going through the motions.

He's now left with a smaller pond to dip into. And some are injured.

It's now very black and white imo.

We have players NP doesn't want/ trust even after giving them a chance.

Has been left with smaller options to pick from...some injured, and others wanting it, like some of the youngsters, but they haven't got the experience or talent to put in consistent championship games week in, week out.

January will be tough imo. I think that will be the tipping point to our season.

If we don't sell, don't recruit as wanted, continue to have injuries to key players in NP plans, then we are screwed.

If you've got the likes of Palmer on the suggested wages he's on, not making an impact, then that's a massive blow.

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, spudski said:

I get the impression some players have been told that aren't good enough, or haven't been able to get up to speed so to speak and realise the enivitable. Have downed tools and are now just going through the motions.

Has been left with smaller options to pick from...some injured, and others wanting it, like some of the youngsters, but they haven't got the experience or talent to put in consistent championship games week in, week out.

January will be tough imo. I think that will be the tipping point to our season.

If we don't sell, don't recruit as wanted, continue to have injuries to key players in NP plans, then we are screwed.

If you've got the likes of Palmer on the suggested wages he's on, not making an impact, then that's a massive blow.

It sounded different at the end of the interview with the word endulge used.

Sounds like a combination of some players think they are bigger than the club (Wells maybe) and some players want special treatment (Palmer maybe).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

He made the run and chested the ball down in an area we struggled to get the ball into all 2nd half so was very important imo. Or maybe I should have said played a big part in that goal.

ta. ??

Otherwise he barely did a thing 2nd half, like Weimann and Martin other than that goal they all did well on. Too far apart and we don't move the ball from side to side well enough of quick enough to have got the best out of the 2 wingers in that 2nd half.

In the interview was that the bit about players he will get rid of?

no, Callum’s video interview today, not Nige’s.

⬇️⬇️⬇️

He's probably on about O'Dowda and Palmer. Possibly Wells.

Not sure who else it could be as he plays most of the others.

Hope he doesn't mean Bakinson as he's worked well off the ball recently.

10 minutes ago, spudski said:

As Aerosmith sang - one bad apple spoils a whole damn bunch.

Won’t be easy to move on the players we think aren’t on the bus, e.g. someone like Palmer.  Loan?  If only to reduce wage bill in part?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Desso said:

Don't know if I'm the only one but I find difficult to believe that he can motivate anyone with his monotone, hesitant way of talking. I find myself drifting off and thinking about something else during his interviews. I wish he was more dynamic and invigorating, but I guess that's just his style. Hope he's different in the dressing room.

Footage here from 1m 20 onwards of him in the dressing room at Watford. Even though it's only a short clip, it's clear to see he is a very different character in the dressing room:

• Thanks 1

Just now, billywedlock said:

Agree , and it was plural, so it is not just Palmer. Vyner ? JD ? COD ? Until recently I would have added Wells too. Maybe January will be a loan then commitment to buy situation to move expenditure into another window. Almost certain we will have some new faces in January and are probably well down the line with discussions. That was quite an aggressive statement from NP. 

Personally I’d be surprised if  COD is a bad apple / wasn’t on Nige’s bus.  If he is, putting him up for interview today is “interesting” to say the least.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, billywedlock said:

Agree , but he was not impressed when he came on against Forrest . But who else is there ? Though Palmers wages = 2 senior players within the current climate . He will not be pleased with Vyner getting done twice in the same way either. 

Guess there’s also a difference to “not being on the bus” and not fitting what Nige wants, or being good enough for what Nige wants.

With hopefully a slightly larger squad now fit and available we will start to see which players who Nige doesn't want around.

I think we have try to read between the lines when Nige has praised players…he rarely if ever is critical of a player to the media.  You can’t do that in a small squad, because you might need them.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

I'm surprised people keep mentioning Wells. Since he's come back from injury he's started pretty much every game, looks decent and is clearly busting a gut. 

Sorry Kid but if Wells looks decent we are in big trouble, he looks well out of touch to me.

I can almost guarantee that if he plays Saturday he will give away free kicks unnecessarily, fail to control the simplest of passes, and blaze a decent chance over the bar.

I’d like to add a disclaimer that I truly hope he bags a hat trick on Saturday.?

27 minutes ago, Pezo said:

It sounded different at the end of the interview with the word endulge used.

Sounds like a combination of some players think they are bigger than the club (Wells maybe) and some players want special treatment (Palmer maybe).

23 minutes ago, billywedlock said:

Agree , and it was plural, so it is not just Palmer. Vyner ? JD ? COD ? Until recently I would have added Wells too. Maybe January will be a loan then commitment to buy situation to move expenditure into another window. Almost certain we will have some new faces in January and are probably well down the line with discussions. That was quite an aggressive statement from NP. 

23 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

As Aerosmith sang - one bad apple spoils a whole damn bunch.

Won’t be easy to move on the players we think aren’t on the bus, e.g. someone like Palmer.  Loan?  If only to reduce wage bill in part?

I watch his interviews and it looks so controlled and thought through. He is literally biting his tongue, making sure he isn't saying what he really wants to say, for fear of repercussions.

It's a mix of some fans get it, but a majority don't, but it's not their fault because they don't know the real truth in what he's dealing with. And judge on only what they hear.

What a nightmare for any manager.

Even when they leave they often can't say anything down to ' gag orders'.

I look and think wtf...why get emotionally involved in something you'll never know the truth about.

It's so superficial, yet so financially and emotionally involved, for everyone concerned, both sides of the fence.

When you look at it from afar, it's all a bit mad.

Fan gets emotionally and financially attached to a club that he knows probably 10% about...nuts really.

NP and SoD are two managers that look away from the interviewer and scream ,' If only you knew the truth' indirectly to the listener.

• Like 6
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, Kid in the Riot said:

I'm surprised people keep mentioning Wells. Since he's come back from injury he's started pretty much every game, looks decent and is clearly busting a gut. 

I noticed in the last two matches that NW had got into good positions in the box but didn’t attack the ball as if he really wanted it. Robbie Turner he isn’t.

2 hours ago, Jerseybean said:

Totally delighted that he’s back and well enough to resume his role. Loved the ‘some players are not on-side and I will do everything I can to get rid of them’ line. 

NP is the future and I have complete confidence in him turning this situation around. 

Welcome back Nigel. 

absolutely this and im buzzing cus it means i might bump into him again.great bloke to talk to

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, billywedlock said:

What players say ( past ) is that he is extremely straight with them. So they know what they need to do . Might hurt but it’s clear .  SC was also like that according to a few players I spoke to . And it was welcomed . Taylor Moore said exactly that . He praised NP for being honest with him as it meant he knew where he stood and helped him realise he needed a change of direction .

It has been clear for a few years we had the proverbial good team on paper but not on the pitch . You cannot change it all over night and we are struggling with money . But the change is happening . Patience and understanding  is needed . We will be a very different team next year . Imho 

I feel like if we can sneak out of relegation this season, then we might actually see some real progress next season. Don't want to be writing off this season as early as November, but the points deductions might have come at just the right time for us. Getting rid of some of the (highly paid) passengers is exactly what is needed. Cov was a real 'downed tools' effort in my opinion (exacerbated by a small & consequently fatigued squad), and we certainly do not have the luxury of being able to turn down points that look as if they might be in the bag. Pre-season, mid-table was a success in my mind, but anything above 22nd is now looking like a 'result', seems as if the rot is incredibly deep set.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Hampshire reds said:

its a worrying situation about players he wants rid off. we have a small squad. if these players know they are on there way out what effort are they going to put in if called into the team. i wonder who he is talking about. Maybe Palmer,Simpson Zac.Taylor moore.

Very much doubt it’s Taylor Moore. He always seemed to give 100% for the club. The problem for TM is that NP doesn’t seem to rate him 

23 minutes ago, Hampshire reds said:
Edited by Red Army 75