Bell

Scott

Benarous

Taylor

Pearson

Francois

9 minutes ago, Clutton Caveman said:

You lost me as soon as I saw Simpson

I've still not recovered from seeing him at WBA.

Tanner gets subbed after 30 mins for a poor first half punctuated by a poor back pass that we got away with.

At 2-0 Simpson tried a back pass, that in my memory is perhaps the worst attempted back pass I have ever seen.

After Grant scored, the whole City team walked back to the centre spot, and watched the highlight of his absolute shocker. Their collective body language told me everything about the team's attitude at that time.

Tanner can be excused, he is young; just up from L2, and will make mistakes. Simpson is a PL winner, experienced pro, with a dozen plus years in the PL. 

Why we signed him on a year's contract (with an option of a second), when he hardly set the world alight last season when on his shirt term deal, is beyond me.? We had a chance to sort out the RB position in the Summer, and once again made a frankly awful decision.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Is Vyner injured?

He shouldn't be anywhere near the starting XI if we're seriously trying to avoid relegation. He's the football equivalent of a walking wicket is in cricket. 

I reckon it'll be something like Bentley; Simpson, Kalas, Atkinson, Baker; Semenyo, Williams, Massengo, Pring; Weimann, Martin. Big risk considering five of those have doubts over their match fitness, but I don't see what else he can go with. 

Edited by tin

13 minutes ago, tin said:

He shouldn't be anywhere near the starting XI if we're seriously trying to avoid relegation. He's the football equivalent of a walking wicket is in cricket. 

I reckon it'll be something like Bentley; Simpson, Kalas, Atkinson, Baker; Semenyo, Williams, Massengo, Pring; Weimann, Martin. Big risk considering five of those have doubts over their match fitness, but I don't see what else he can go with. 

I’d be happy enough with that xi 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, VT05763 said:

Bentley

Simpson     Baker     Atkinson     Pring

Weimann     HNM     Wiliams     Semenyo    

Martin     Conway

Subs -

O'Leary

Low

Janneh

Bell

Scott

Benarous

Taylor

Pearson

Francois

5 players there who have had little football of late. Kalas will play, possibly right back.

9 minutes ago, Gillies Downs Leeds said:

5 players there who have had little football of late. Kalas will play, possibly right back.

My team would be.

Bentley

Kalas     Atkinson     Baker     Pring

Williams       HNM

Palmer

Weimann                       Semenyo

Wells   

1 hour ago, NcnsBcfc said:

I've still not recovered from seeing him at WBA.

Tanner gets subbed after 30 mins for a poor first half punctuated by a poor back pass that we got away with.

At 2-0 Simpson tried a back pass, that in my memory is perhaps the worst attempted back pass I have ever seen.

After Grant scored, the whole City team walked back to the centre spot, and watched the highlight of his absolute shocker. Their collective body language told me everything about the team's attitude at that time.

Tanner can be excused, he is young; just up from L2, and will make mistakes. Simpson is a PL winner, experienced pro, with a dozen plus years in the PL. 

Why we signed him on a year's contract (with an option of a second), when he hardly set the world alight last season when on his shirt term deal, is beyond me.? We had a chance to sort out the RB position in the Summer, and once again made a frankly awful decision.

I don’t want to depress you, but I reckon he’ll start tomorrow..

As for why NP gave him a deal my hunch is that he signed him for a year on about £5k a week to replace Hunt, who was probably on nearer £12k a week.

He felt his experience as a cheap squad player to back up Vyner would make it worthwhile.

NP has clearly moved on from Vyner at RB, hence signing Tanner. Unfortunately his sole contribution after a couple of ok early games (win at Reading, defeat at home to Swansea when we played well) was the poor one at WBA.

Edited by GrahamC

16 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

As for why NP gave him a deal my hunch is that he signed him for a year on about £5k a week to replace Hunt, who was probably on nearer £12k a week.

He felt his experience as a cheap squad player to back up Vyner would make it worthwhile.

NP has clearly moved on from Vyner at RB, hence signing Tanner. Unfortunately his sole contribution after a couple of ok early games (win at Reading, defeat at home to Swansea when we played well) was the poor one at WBA.

Vyner is still a young player and should come through this tough period in his career.

I thought he did well last season despite everything but has just not got going under NP.

He needs to nail down a position in the team. Clearly right back is not his best position and he seems to have slipped down the order of centrebacks. 
Maybe a position as holding midfielder could work for him. He is athletic and a good build and height.

:dunno:

23 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Thanks, standing by for being suitably depressed again tomorrow afternoon when the teams are announced.

45 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Vyner is still a young player and should come through this tough period in his career.

I thought he did well last season despite everything but has just not got going under NP.

He needs to nail down a position in the team. Clearly right back is not his best position and he seems to have slipped down the order of centrebacks. 
Maybe a position as holding midfielder could work for him. He is athletic and a good build and height.

:dunno:

Sorry, Major, but Vyner will be 25 in six months’ time. He’s had enough games under his belt by now to be approaching his prime. He’s a jack of several trades, master of none. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, VT05763 said:

There is a decent defensive midfielder in there IMO

I’m not sure how you can say that based on two games in that position, but you’re entitled to your opinion.

My opinion is that he’s part of the problem at this level and needs to be moved on. If we go down, however, that might be the making of him. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, tin said:

I’m not sure how you can say that based on two games in that position, but you’re entitled to your opinion.

My opinion is that he’s part of the problem at this level and needs to be moved on. If we go down, however, that might be the making of him. 

Not sure he has a ticket for the bus TBF.

I'd like to see us play 4-3-3- or 4-1-2-3 with one midfielder sitting in front of back 4, Bakinson, Williams & Massengo if all fit, so just for once we don't get overrun in the middle of the park!

Add in some proper pace and width with Semenyo, or if Semenyo not fit Benarous. Martin & Weimann up top I guess given their ok scoring record. Hope Conway makes the bench. 

Team I would like to play

Bents

vyner          Kalas          Atkinson     Baker 

Williams massengo 

Weimann        Scott          Semenyo

Wells

team I reckon Pearson will pick 

Bents

kalas        Atkinson     Baker    JD

Weimann    Massengo  Bakinson pring

Martin    Wells 

Need to do something completly different imo, starting in goal with Max replacing Bents who from what I`ve seen does dominate the area enough although does make "flashy" saves. Semenyo, Janneh and Palmer should also get a start. Risky yes but different which is what we need, cant see it though they may make the subs bench as we stick with the "Wells" plan ?.

Edited by gl2