Team versus Blackburn - Options

Waconda

Bentley 

Simpson Kalas Baker Pring

Bakinson

Semenyo      Williams       Scott

Massengo   

Weimann

Press high, press hard. Play Massengo and Weimann in a position where their positional indiscipline won't be so costly. Got a feeling Atkinson won't be available, so the back 4 pretty much picks itself.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Colemanballs said:

Bentley 

Simpson Kalas Baker Pring

Bakinson

Semenyo      Williams       Scott

Massengo   

Weimann

Press high, press hard. Play Massengo and Weimann in a position where their positional indiscipline won't be so costly. Got a feeling Atkinson won't be available, so the back 4 pretty much picks itself.

Quite like most of this but with both Simpson and Bakinson as 2 of a defensive 5, they would need to really up their game.  Be interesting with the attack though but don't think Nige will be that adventurous.

I know he won't do it but more mobility is needed up front so I would prefer Weimann there instead of Martin and play Palmer. I would prefer to see Vyner instead of Simpson at right back.

If there is a criticism of the attack its that its too predictable with lumping aimless balls in Martin's general direction.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Swede said:

I know he won't do it but more mobility is needed up front so I would prefer Weimann there instead of Martin and play Palmer. I would prefer to see Vyner instead of Simpson at right back.

If there is a criticism of the attack its that its too predictable with lumping aimless balls in Martin's general direction.

if we are to continue with the "Wimbledon light" tactics I would be tempted to play Semenyo through the middle with either Weimann or Wells.

Or even a front 3 with them.

As you say at least some pace and unpredictability.

1 hour ago, VT05763 said:

if we are to continue with the "Wimbledon light" tactics I would be tempted to play Semenyo through the middle with either Weimann or Wells.

Or even a front 3 with them.

As you say at least some pace and unpredictability.

So would I.  He’s rarely played through the middle (maybe there’s a reason?) but I want my strikers to give their CBs an uncomfortable afternoon in whatever way possible….whether that be running them around with clever movement, or battering them physically, or exposing them with power and pace.

People will point to the fact he only scores off his arse, or comes in off the wing and takes bad shots.  Maybe playing central it will be more instinctive stuff, he generates power with little back lift, which is an asset for a forward.

He could save us millions, at least worth giving it a shot (on target)!

• Like 1

Bentley

Kalas.                    Baker.                               Atkinson.                   Pring.

Massengo.                                Williams.                                       Dasilva.

Weimann.                                                       O'Dowda

Wells. 

It was the crowd that dragged the team over the line in the Barnsley game.  Whoever he picks today, let's hope they can transfer what Nige sees in training , onto the matchday pitch, and give us something to cheer about rather than scream in frustration.  Playing our striker through the middle with ground passes rather than lofted balls and pressing higher up the pitch mixed with a few tough challenges will get the crowd onside. Come on lads, it's time.

• Like 1