IGNORED

Blackburn Rovers home match day thread

10 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Back three cost us that game tbh. Panic defending set in from minute 46. They set the tone by literally clearing the ball anywhere and it just kept coming back. All the composure shown in the first half went missing. As for the keeper, try coming off your line now and again and perhaps catching the odd cross.

Defensive mindset does appear to be that the only job is to win the first ball, where it goes, whether under pressure or not, often doesn’t seem to occur as also being critical. 

That said, overall, a fair few encouraging signs to build on. 

6 minutes ago, BasSavage88 said:

What a great first half stuffed them so much they hadn't even had a shot and we looked to be playing fast attacking football. I'm ******* disgusted we came out for the second half sitting back and welcoming pressure, the only reason we didn't lose was Blackburn also being happy with a draw.

******* cowards 

It wasn’t a deliberate ploy to sit back. Vyner, Kalas and Baker panicked for 45 minutes and ****** the whole game up for us. They ruined a midfield that was functioning first half by banging the ball straight back to Blackburn time and again.

2 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

It wasn’t a deliberate ploy to sit back. Vyner, Kalas and Baker panicked for 45 minutes and ****** the whole game up for us. They ruined a midfield that was functioning first half by banging the ball straight back to Blackburn time and again.

I wasn't there but maybe the midfield were hiding, or Blackburn pressing better, and the defence didn't have options other than clearing long?

10 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

It seemed it to me. You automatically saw the wing backs sit alot deeper and there was no desire to bomb forward 

2 minutes ago, Supersonic Robin said:

Amazed to see so much negativety after that. Certainly an improvement on the games pre international break.

Not spectacular, but we were okay. Obviously a shame we didn't see the game out for a win, but play like that every week and we won't have to worry about relegation IMO.

1-1 draw with the team in 7th isn't a bad result at all. 

People are just tired of seeing us throw away points from winning positions. I think it was a good performance too but you can’t begrudge people feeling down in the dumps.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, pl00peh91 said:

People are just tired of seeing us throw away points from winning positions. I think it was a good performance too but you can’t begrudge people feeling down in the dumps.

I think we have to accept that we are a long way from the finished article.

Yes, we ‘threw away a lead’ but this was an improvement on a capitulation v Coventry.

Overall, if we play like this for the rest of the season we will win as many as we lose and be able to improve next year as NP develops his squad.

I enjoyed the game and it was a shame that one, another ! , piece of bad luck saw them equalise.

I posted on here that I wasn’t completely with Largish Nige when he said that the result was the main thing. I wanted to see a coherent, committed performance first and foremost and I had that. 
I am happy enough this evening.

Well done lads , keep it up.

• Like 9
21 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

I think we have to accept that we are a long way from the finished article.

Yes, we ‘threw away a lead’ but this was an improvement on a capitulation v Coventry.

Overall, if we play like this for the rest of the season we will win as many as we lose and be able to improve next year as NP develops his squad.

I enjoyed the game and it was a shame that one, another ! , piece of bad luck saw them equalise.

I posted on here that I wasn’t completely with Largish Nige when he said that the result was the main thing. I wanted to see a coherent, committed performance first and foremost and I had that. 
I am happy enough this evening.

Well done lads , keep it up.

Absolutely.

City are a team on downward trajectory who have been very poor especially at home. Today we played a team who started the day 7th.

You really aren’t anything special if you managed to ‘find’ faults in todays performance.

The truth is the positives far outweighed the negatives and that’s all you can hope for right now.

But for one silly, silly mistake by Kalas that is a pretty comfortable home win.

As it is it was a solid draw in which we passed the ball well, were aggressive and actually looked like a team at this level.

Whats not to be happy about?

Edited by 054123
  • Like 10
1 hour ago, BasSavage88 said:

What a great first half stuffed them so much they hadn't even had a shot and we looked to be playing fast attacking football. I'm ******* disgusted we came out for the second half sitting back and welcoming pressure, the only reason we didn't lose was Blackburn also being happy with a draw.

******* cowards 

Only reason we didn’t win was a superb save from Wells’ header. A bit of balance wouldn’t go amiss, Bas…

28 minutes ago, David Brent said:

Better overall but Blackburn were there for the taking 

Fingers crossed we put in a similar effort on Wednesday.

A team full of confidence would have put the game to bed first half but we have to accept we're not even close to that currently and did our best.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, BasSavage88 said:

******* cowards 

?

’******* cowards’

?

Outstanding post, you sound like my 15 year old son ?

1 minute ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

Will not be popular to some on here but thought Odowda was excellent today and Bakinson was also very good

Yep, definitely a solid 7/10 for each of them. Consistency has always been the problem with these two but they should both start on Wednesday. 

Edited by mozo
1 minute ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

Will not be popular to some on here but thought Odowda was excellent today and Bakinson was also very good

He was definitely better same with Bakinson.

I think the challenge with both is when the game gets difficult, to make that same energy and enthusiasm displayed when we are on top, is channeled into defensive work rate and commitment ?

Mixed feelings about that one. 

Some massive positives - Williams makes us look like a different team and is a driving force from midfield, Bakinson looked good next to him for large parts of the game, and what a player Alex Scott is, even looked good at wingback which can’t be a preferred role for him.  Vyner showed what a good player he can be when he cuts out the mistakes and both Kalas and Baker were mostly solid in that back three. Benarous gave us something different, there’s clearly potential there. 

The major concern for me though is that we only seem to be able to perform for half a game.  We were the better side in the first half, but why couldn’t we continue like that in the second? Instead, we did the usual surrendering possession and falling deeper and deeper. Their equaliser was almost inevitable, and it wasn’t just down to one player, it’s a whole team issue. 

We finished the game string however and that’s progress. If we can just keep the first half levels going for 95 minutes we’ll be in some danger of becoming a decent team.