IGNORED

Blackburn Rovers home match day thread

1 hour ago, JonDolman said:

This was the moment to maybe make it 2-0.

Benarous had been playing with confidence, but was maybe too keen to show the crowd what he can do on the ball there.

Rather than a simple pass to Bakinson, he turned into 3 players of traffic that became 4 Blackburn players when he had his shot.

I liked what I saw from him though. Mostly his defensive work impressed me.

Screenshot 2021-11-21 at 08.12.46.png

When was the Weimann one at the far post where he lost sight of the ball?

9 hours ago, Swede said:

I prefer to look at the positives. We go a reaction today which is a major plus point. We also got a clear indication of the players who are out of favour. I thought Williams, Baker and COD stood out. Vyner was solid. Second half was clearly a team short on confidence although for all of their possession they had just the one shot on target. Substitutions were positive. We have to keep picking up points wherever possible and get to that transfer window.

⬇️⬇️⬇️

9 hours ago, billywedlock said:

Much better all round we looked like a football team . Well done everyone at the club it was great to see .  They had one shot on target . Yes we can be better but we looked a competitor today .  Cannot comprehend the moaners . It’s now getting irritating and to a point you should stay away . 

This was with a team line-up that included:

Vyner - OTIB’s League One Scapegoat Player of the year 22/23 when we get relegated

O’Dowda - much maligned (me included)

Baker - waste of a re-contract

Scott - talented but a RWB?

Bakinson - lazy, League One player

Williams - injury prone

Benarous - talented player who’s just become a regular in the u23s making his full debut

Martin - needs a rest, even after an international break

Weimann - just runs around

Lucky we had Bentley and Kalas then.

Seriously though, a team not one OTIB poster would’ve selected yesterday, containing players OTIB has already declared not good enough, actually took on a team in 7th place, and over the 90 were the better team. We created more chances, better chances, we forced them into tactical changes, our subs brought us back on top for a good final 12-15 minutes having seen Rovers equalise, when normally our heads would have gone, especially the way we conceded it.

It was far from perfect, but it showed that in this league if you can compete and win your battles you can earn the right to play, and you can start imposing your play on the opposition, rather than the other way around.  It was us down the left creating the 1v1 opportunities not the other way around.  It was our CM with time on the ball to get his head up and pick out runners that stretched their defence.  It was their players moaning we were a bit physical.

Baby steps….and no point doing it yesterday if we can’t follow it up on Wednesday too.

But if OTIB wants to knee-jerk negatively based on a 90 minutes, then they need to be consistent and recognise yesterday was “alright”, a step in the right direction.

• Like 10