IGNORED

Blackburn Rovers home match day thread

HT, so far so good. Deserved lead. In the first part of the half, they did launch several dangerous counter attacks, Kadra in particular looks handy, so we have to stay switched on.  

Scott & Williams been superb, Benarous looks confident and Vyner & COD defensively done well in those WB positions. Martin winning lots of flicks, Weimann good closing and running just a shame he has not made the best of two good scoring positions.

3 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

Well that’s a pretty good first half there. Much improved all round.

A committed team performance, pressing and tracking well, defending solidly in numbers and creating chances which is good too see finally.

Some excellent deliveries from Scott. Vyner solid. Williams superb. Benarous growing into the game nicely.

COD I felt showing how too often he’s reactive rather than proactive, making a few poor decisions, but is looking dangerous and drifted into space to create the chance for the goal in which he showed good footwork to get the ball under control and a slice of luck as his low shot deflected over the keeper. 

Blackburn like working the channels and look dangerous on the break, especially Diaz off the shoulder needs to be watched. 

Let’s hope we keep pushing on for the 2nd and don’t sit back too early. 

Yep, agree with all of that. The ref's having a good game, too - allowing the play to flow.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Daniro said:

For those watching RobinsTV can you believe that ad with Palmer prancing around in a flowery blazer?   You think he'd have more serious things to be getting on with.

I doubt it was live mate. 

1 minute ago, Super said:

Really impressed so much better.

Struggling to think when the last time I saw 45 minutes that good was. 

• Like 1

Good first half for us.

Defence was OK, Callum scored (helped by a deflection), Williams gave balance to the midfield, Scott's passing was great, Bakinson and Benarous (!) had chances...

Let's not lower our energy and concentration in the 2nd half, and obviously we need a second goal.

Edited by Dan Robin
1 minute ago, Fordy62 said:

I doubt it was live mate. 

Struggling to think when the last time I saw 45 minutes that good was. 

1)  did I suggest that - not sure how.  They've showed that ad for a while now and it pishes me off given what a waste of space he is

2) agreed- best 45 mins I've seen from the lads since I don't know when

Just now, EmissionImpossible said:

Yes because it’s ad he was booked into by the club. Nothing to do with him.

I'm sure you're right.   Can't imagine he's much of an inspiration to any potential buyers of merch tho!

2 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Ha. No mate. I was just being silly!

I suppose they chose the coolest looking players, not necessarily the best or hardest working!

He does look a bit more comfortable as a model than he does on the ball!

• Confused 1