IGNORED

Hightened Security at AG

RedLionLad

Make of this what you will, but last week I was watching a national news channel and on the headline strip at the bottom that keeps scrolling there was the following "Calls for military grade first aid kits to be available at sports stadiums and train stations". It didn't say who was "calling" for this, but it got me thinking at the time why would you want these specific types of first aid kits? How would a 'military grade' first aid kit be different to a 'standard' first aid kit, except in that I assume it would be able to triage bullet wounds and wounds caused by explosions? This was a week before the terrible incident at the Liverpool hospital too; so my presumption is that the Authorities already knew of a pending terror attack or attacks, and that stadiums and train stations were particular targets. Stay safe everyone and God forbid anything like this does happen.

3 hours ago, JustinCider said:

Make of this what you will, but last week I was watching a national news channel and on the headline strip at the bottom that keeps scrolling there was the following "Calls for military grade first aid kits to be available at sports stadiums and train stations". It didn't say who was "calling" for this, but it got me thinking at the time why would you want these specific types of first aid kits? How would a 'military grade' first aid kit be different to a 'standard' first aid kit, except in that I assume it would be able to triage bullet wounds and wounds caused by explosions? This was a week before the terrible incident at the Liverpool hospital too; so my presumption is that the Authorities already knew of a pending terror attack or attacks, and that stadiums and train stations were particular targets. Stay safe everyone and God forbid anything like this does happen.

This was UK Counter terrorism, St Johns Ambulance and citizenAID asking for it. There will be more terror attacks without a doubt in this country, but it certainly wasn't a news story just because they knew one was imminent. The kits contain more equipment and instruction for more serious incidents.

There is also a campaign for bleed kits in pubs, clubs etc due to all of the stabbings. What a lovely country we now live in.

• Like 1

There is NO joined up thinking on this, and whoever claims to be in charge of security needs a rocket.

Three of us entered the ground at different times, all set the buzzer off, each of us was asked if it was our phone, and then allowed through when answering yes and without the person checking visually it was a phone.

I get the heightened alert status, which is no doubt warranted,  so either do it properly and warn people there will be delays entering the stadium, or don’t do it at all, it simply caused considerable delay to lots of people trying to enter the ground.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, tts_city said:

steward.gif

That would be quite amusing if it were not, potentially, quite a serious matter.

To be fair, though, the majority of security guards are on minimum wage with little, if any, training for a potential terrorist attach and, as has been mentioned, seem to be undertaking a mere tick box exercise.

We have the same here in France, where security guards in the large supermarkets ask women to open their handbags and, after a cursory glance, wave them through.

1 hour ago, Coombsy said:

Why do we have to show tickets when walking in to ground car park from the park end?

I don’t see the point of it

I’ve been asked this season walking in from 3 different entrances, and not once have I shown them my ticket - just walked on. 
I’ll get my ticket out when I get to the turnstile. No one needs to see it before or after that. 

Edited by Harry
  • Like 2

Bit of a weird thought, but want if they they scanned someone and they genuinely think they have an explosive device on them.... what then? Surely the person would then let it off there where they are. Yes it’s better than going off in a stadium where even more people would be affected but it’s hardly a preventative measure.

11 hours ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

It didn`t go off with me even though I had a metal torch in my jacket pocket that I`d forgotten to leave in the car.

I had my phone, keys and inhaler in my pockets and nothing happened. It made me wonder if they were scanning for chemicals rather than metal? Might explain the opal fruits that @The 51 user mentioned. :)

As someone who lived through the 70s it often feels strange. The only security I remember then was people looking at my mum "a bit funny" because of her Irish accent.

Edited by Port Said Red
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Rocking Red Cyril said:

Went in through Atyeo end entrance down to Williams . Scan did not seem to delay much . But they normally search my two grandkids ruck sacks which they did not today but then they scanned.

Why is the alert up ?

What happened in Liverpool ,?

Yep and now that a terror attack is now considered likely in this country.