IGNORED

Simple Maths

Numero Uno

18 minutes ago, Pezo said:

Fairly sure that the game changed after half time when they reacted and then when Williams got his yellow.

They reacted and we lost composure at the back. Those two things changed the game. Williams nor Bakinson could show for the ball like they did first 45 because it kept being smashed over their heads.

Edited by Numero Uno

1 hour ago, pl00peh91 said:

I think he should be made captain if he can stay fit. He’s the only player I’ve seen for 2 years that was actually shouting at players telling them what to do. Haven’t seen that since Pack and Smith!

Great point. We haven’t had a proper “Captain” on the pitch since Korey left.

(and his last two seasons were hampered by injuries).

James is a good player of course, but we don’t see him bellowing at the others.

Edited by The Gasbuster

Was excellent first half today.  Said it before but he’s similar in style to Gerrard (not that level obviously), got a bit of everything, and his passing range must left O’Dowda licking his lips.  Not had that since Pack.  But the important thing today was his ability to be a passing option in tight areas where he can keep the ball, feint to go one way but go the other…and move the ball having sucked in two players.

All-action.

Having said that, I would be mindful re starting him again on Wednesday.  He is gonna be so important through to Xmas, need to manage carefully.

That little dink and then 50 yard volley pass to O’Dowda was worth the admission money on its own.

• Like 10

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Was excellent first half today.  Said it before but he’s similar in style to Gerrard (not that level obviously), got a bit of everything, and his passing range must left O’Dowda licking his lips.  Not had that since Pack.  But the important thing today was his ability to be a passing option in tight areas where he can keep the ball, feint to go one way but go the other…and move the ball having sucked in two players.

All-action.

Having said that, I would be mindful re starting him again on Wednesday.  He is gonna be so important through to Xmas, need to manage carefully.

That little dink and then 50 yard volley pass to O’Dowda was worth the admission money on its own.

It’s a difficult one. Had we held on today I would have 100% rested him Wednesday. However long term fitness comes before short term points so I would still be tempted to bench him Wednesday.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

They reacted and we lost composure at the back. Those two things changed the game. Williams nor Bakinson could show for the ball like they did first 45 because it kept being smashed over their heads.

Yeah in possession that's certainly the case, out of possession as soon as Williams got the yellow he couldn't be as dynamic.

It's a bit of a shame that we have one player that makes others in the team look championship quality but without him they look amateur.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Rocking Red Cyril said:

Do not want bakinson in any team at city. He did exactly nothing to today.

Shows ability at times but does not engaged in the game enough at

get rid 

I thought his application for 90 minutes today was spot on. He worked well with Williams.  Bit too eager at times to pass forward, but no criticism of his overall performance from me today.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

I thought his application for 90 minutes today was spot on. He worked well with Williams.  Bit too eager at times to pass forward, but no criticism of his overall performance from me today.

Those comments surprise me. I was at the game today and felt he was our major weak link throughout the side. I did feel it was a better more encouraging performance on the whole by the dude today . Williams makes s big difference  

5 minutes ago, Rocking Red Cyril said:

Those comments surprise me. I was at the game today and felt he was our major weak link throughout the side. I did feel it was a better more encouraging performance on the whole by the dude today . Williams makes s big difference  

More than happy to have differing views. ??

I thought Williams was excellent (but then I thought Bakinson had a decent game as well).  But however good Williams is, he can’t deliver wins single-handed and today was two points dropped.  The gap is narrowing every match and we need to start winning matches pdq or we are in BIG trouble.

12 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

His natural game was subdued but i think he played to instruction today and in the main made a good go of that.

Edited by Gazred
  • Like 3

51 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

All-action.

I particularly liked the slide to win the ball to the right of our area second half. The forward thought he was going to whack it into row Z and turned his back but JW just slowed up and tapped a pass to Bakinson who started an attack for us.

Edited by Lanterne Rouge
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Really would be a sliding doors moment to wonder what would have happened if he had stayed fit under Holden.

Excellent today, we badly need him to stay fit & play as many games as possible.

All ifs and buts, but don’t forget it was Holden who rushed Williams back and then asked him to play twice in three days — all while freezing out HNM — that saw him break down. Poor management, although he probably acted on poor advice from Rolls.

• Like 2