IGNORED

Callum O’Dowda (v Blackburn)

Davefevs

There's a good player in there somewhere and he did well today, but I tend to think of him as a left footed Howard Pritchard. Flashes of brilliance but often stumbles past his opponent than showing dazzling footwork. He has to be one of the most unbalanced wingers in the league more often than not ending on the deck. Refs seem to like him though giving him free kicks that others don't get (Martin for instance). As ever the question will be can he show consistency. 

13 minutes ago, mozo said:

I think he ended up losing the ball but that skill was insane. Probably a showreel highlight of this season guaranteed.

The Blackburn player slid at him on his knees….thought it was dangerous, but he got the ball.  But, yes, he did lose the ball.

14 hours ago, Sir Geoff said:

Or the cynics may suggest its because his contract is up next summer and he can sign a pre contract in January with a new suitor.

Still fair play to him that was a decent performance today.

I think city have a year option on his contract don't they, not sure when that would need to be taken up by, but as it's never going happen, I was thinking the same thing.

From what I've heard from him recently, he seems to have grown up a bit and got the message. We'll see how he performs on Wednesday if picked.

2 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

I think city have a year option on his contract don't they, not sure when that would need to be taken up by, but as it's never going happen, I was thinking the same thing.

From what I've heard from him recently, he seems to have grown up a bit and got the message. We'll see how he performs on Wednesday if picked.

Can only sign a pre-contract outside of EFL / Prem, I.e. abroad (and Ireland / Scotland) in January.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, City1970 said:

I think Williams contributed to a much improved display by Callum O’Dowda today. He was looking for him at every opportunity which was good to see.

Lets hope Williams stays fit and helps others like he helped O’Dowda today.

Out of likes but said very similar yesterday. 

I am one of his biggest critics but to be fair he played well for the first half with Williams bringing him into the game. Second half he faded away.

Clearly doesn’t make up for over 5 years of mediocrity but if Williams can keep doing that then maybe O’Dowda can have a part to play in keeping us up. 

Edited by One Team
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

From the Bristol Post interview post-match:

image.thumb.png.9c9c796e98e9c3c0ae665d5eb109f8e8.png

Out of likes Fevs but interesting and thanks for sharing. 

Everything I’ve heard and read about O’Dowda says that he’s a really decent lad, clearly intelligent and articulate and no doubt great to be around; similar to Taylor Moore and Cole Skuse I would say. 

Like a lot of people I just don’t see how he’s good enough for our level or indeed to the point how he’s improved.

If Williams can get something out of him on the pitch and Pearson off it then great; maybe we will finally see what he’s capable of, although history would say that’s unlikely.

• Like 3