IGNORED

So much better.

Waconda

20 minutes ago, redsince1994 said:

First half was great. Think I am right in saying Blackburn didn't have a shot?

2nd half was more frustration for me, but was good to see us actually make a couple of chances near the end.

Signs of improvement and that was with plenty of youth on the pitch!

15473BE4-19D0-4386-AB5A-31E15D614A6F.jpeg

• Like 1

The key is consistency. Totally lost count of the number of similar posts to this I’ve seen after a relatively positive performance but for the next game or 2 or 3 or 4 to be awful again. The big trick is being able to perform week after week after week. It’s what really separates champ teams from the run of the mill prem teams

Edited by Show Me The Money!
  • Like 1
  • Flames 1

First half was like a breath of fresh air.

Second half, the Blackburn back line pushed up twenty yards and instead of playing balls over the top and making them turn toward their own goal, we tried the route one method from Bentley to Martin.

Result is we lost the lead, not because of a Kalas error but by playing the game in our own half.

An improvement over recent home games but not yet good enough to keep us away from the bottom end.

Good to see Williams, enjoyed Scott and Benarous. COD only played the first half. And Bentley's insistence on long ball to Martin after wasting another minute is really tiresome.

Improvement but not enough.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

33 games and 7 wins. 

Never in the history of BCFC has a manager been given such latitude for such appallingly consistent performances combined with actual results.IMO.

That is true and I have been a fierce critic of what has/hasn't been going on on the training ground and pitch since NP came in but today I really did see improvement (months late granted).

Credit where credit is due to all concerned for today.

51 minutes ago, VT05763 said:

Organised, good team shape, playing through the lines (attempting to at least), COD out wide and stretching play, lots of tackles and energy from all.

There actually looked like there was a plan.

Massive improvement for me.

Ain’t you the geezer who wanted wanted NP sacked a week ago & wanted the Plymouth manager in charge ? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

33 games and 7 wins. 

Never in the history of BCFC has a manager been given such latitude for such appallingly consistent performances combined with actual results.IMO.

Ask yourself - why do you think he’s being “given such latitude” (your words).

• Like 8

7 minutes ago, VT05763 said:

That is true and I have been a fierce critic of what has/hasn't been going on on the training ground and pitch since NP came in but today I really did see improvement (months late granted).

Credit where credit is due to all concerned for today.

You do realise we drew?  Good first half then same old same old. A swallow during a snow storm does not make a summer.

Just now, Davefevs said:

Ask yourself - why do you think he’s being “given such latitude” (your words).

I have and the answer is money.IMO.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Just now, nickolas said:

Not there today. Blackburn Manager spoke of our physicality and directness. That true?! Cant believe we dominated physically, and reading of how we played it sounded like we passed it quite well rather than the usual lumpball??!! ?‍♂️

We were quite direct, was trying to work out whether it’s because it’s our tactics or whether it’s because we struggle to pass it

Much better today, good shape off the ball and if people think NP has lost the dressing room, they are wrong - tremendous effort, you can’t keep the first half energy up for 90 minutes unfortunately 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

I have and the answer is money

Correct and it’s because he’s not been afforded much in terms of transforming the squad to what he wants. Last season he had to work with a team full of kids and this season he’s only been able to add 4 new faces with a spend just on Atkinson and Tanner in terms of fees. realistically for you what should have been the expectation of Pearson this season?

• Like 8

27 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

33 games and 7 wins. 

You're right. The fans have never been so understanding of context.

• Like 11
  • Flames 2
  • Robin 1

8 minutes ago, nickolas said:

Not there today. Blackburn Manager spoke of our physicality and directness. That true?! Cant believe we dominated physically, and reading of how we played it sounded like we passed it quite well rather than the usual lumpball??!! ?‍♂️

We were decent all round, especially first half.

We were less direct that recent games for sure and Scotts set piece delivery was excellent, although we didn't get on the end of any.

13 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

Correct and it’s because he’s not been afforded much in terms of transforming the squad to what he wants. Last season he had to work with a team full of kids and this season he’s only been able to add 4 new faces with a spend just on Atkinson and Tanner in terms of fees. realistically for you what should have been the expectation of Pearson this season?

An improvement on NP's results last season. A clear indication of gradual improvement. A position in the division where we are not praying for points deductions to other teams to make us safe. Derby would be 2 points behind us with a game in hand.

12 minutes ago, mozo said:

You're right. The fans have never been so understanding of context.

Let's just see how 'the understanding of context ' continues  shall we?

Edited by Marina's Rolls Royce
Derby points total

30 minutes ago, nickolas said:

Blackburn were a physical team too but we matched them well and it felt like 2 teams up for the game. Our shape was much better but we do need to work on diagonal forward passes played into space by opposition as we seem to really struggle and teams have sussed this week in week out.

Edited by Crackers Corner
  • Like 2

48 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

33 games and 7 wins. 

Bristol City FC - 29th October 2016 to 7th March 2017 - played 22 - won 2 - lost 14 - drew 6 ... that was pretty dismal and included a run of 8 straight defeats - and it also included surrendering promising leads eg a 3 goal lead and a 2 goal lead - the head coach kept his job - he was shown plenty of ‘latitude’ don’t you think? 

• Like 11
  • Flames 2

1 hour ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

33 games and 7 wins. 

If you employ a builder to repair a fire damaged house, and all he has to work with is recycling and renovating undamaged or slightly damaged structure without the budget to buy the new materials, you don't blame him when progress is slow or hits a few snags....

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

33 games and 7 wins. 

For such a seasoned poster it amazes me the shit you’re are giving to NP, when was the last time a manager took over in such dire circumstances with no finances and a totally shite team… Christ I’ve been a negative poster in my time but even I can see that he’s up the river without a paddle!

Have a ******* word with yourself!

• Like 9
  • Flames 2

An improvement on NP's results last season. A clear indication of gradual improvement. A position in the division where we are not praying for points deductions to other teams to make us safe. Derby would be 2 points behind us with a game in hand.

You sound as though you have made up your mind on NP, and are willing him to fail now, and that equates to hoping City lose to prove your point.

• Like 4

I think he has another year of understanding as long as we see effort from players (keep playing like we did against Cov and he's got months, play like we did today and he will get time), after that he would have had plenty of time to shift players on, get some in and implement his ideas.

I can see the second half of next season being a little rough for him.

2 hours ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

33 games and 7 wins. 

How many other managers have inherited (1) this much mess, and (2) did so at this level of football?

Serious questions. Name them. 

Statistics are meaningless without context.

Never in the history of BCFC has a manager been given such a mess to clear up at such a high standard and be expected to do so, by some, in such a short space of time.IMO.

But no doubt you've got a list of managers at your finger tips who would've transformed us into Barcelona by now.

I look forward to hearing who these miracle working magicians we should've appointed are.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1