IGNORED

So much better.

Waconda

Much better than recent weeks definitely- the result vs Barnsley might have been better ie a win but the performance Saturday definitely was.

Felt more like some of the early season games but with an added bonus- not many scares if any notable ones after conceding the equaliser. Keeping Williams fit is an absolute must, but was nice to see a reaction in general from a) Recent games and b) Perhaps in response to NP's comments pre Blackburn.

I also found his comments after the game of interest, well he's a good listen in general but one line in particular...

"The fans today were excellent as well for the players. I thought they got behind the team and recognised that there was a bit of commitment there today and I think that's very important for us"

Bit in bold is quite revealing. Surely that should be the starting point, the pre-requisite each and every game.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

7 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Mawson too & before anyone says he got injured, with his track record that was no surprise but he was a significant factor in Holden’s only decent run (September).

I see he's only back up at Fulham. I wonder if he becomes available again if they go up.

• Sad 1

On 21/11/2021 at 09:40, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

and what specifically were the the results of the next 11 games after 7th March? Total after 33? I have chosen to quote the results from the whole of NP's tenure whilst you have chosen the worst period of a previous manager using less matches. If you want to make a valid point then do so using like for like.

I think it is like for like - you posted that “never in the history of Bristol City has a manager been given so much latitude after a run of appalling performances” (or something along those lines) - and you quoted a run of 7 wins in 33 under Nigel to back up your claim. So I countered with a run of 2 wins in 22 under LJ - both dismal runs - but both under entirely different circumstances. LJ was given plenty of latitude after that run, which included 8 consecutive defeats, he was also given plenty of money to spend during his reign. 

So basically I was disagreeing that Nigel Pearson has been given the most latitude ever in the history of Bristol City FC. 

LJ’s home record overall throughout his reign was pretty abysmal. Again loads of latitude given, constantly.

Our home record at the moment is pretty abysmal too - but again, under vastly different circumstances. If NP is given the same support, time and money as LJ was afforded, then I wouldn’t be at all surprised to see him turn this around and come out of it with a record that will leave LJ’s in the shade ... he can’t have the same money at the moment so he ain’t doing too bad. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I think it is like for like - you posted that “never in the history of Bristol City has a manager been given so much latitude after a run of appalling performances” (or something along those lines) - and you quoted a run of 7 wins in 33 under Nigel to back up your claim. So I countered with a run of 2 wins in 22 under LJ - both dismal runs - but both under entirely different circumstances. LJ was given plenty of latitude after that run, which included 8 consecutive defeats, he was also given plenty of money to spend during his reign. 

So basically I was disagreeing that Nigel Pearson has been given the most latitude ever in the history of Bristol City FC. 

LJ’s home record overall throughout his reign was pretty abysmal. Again loads of latitude given, constantly.

Our home record at the moment is pretty abysmal too - but again, under vastly different circumstances. If NP is given the same support, time and money as LJ was afforded, then I wouldn’t be at all surprised to see him turn this around and come out of it with a record that will leave LJ’s in the shade ... he can’t have the same money at the moment so he ain’t doing too bad. 

I agree with your comments about the latitude shown to NP. LJ certainly, for me, had a licence to fxxx it up every season.

But in the past, I consider that Alan Dicks had much more "licence" in his first five years than any City manager in my time.

Let's see where we go with NP should we avoid the drop this season.

• Flames 1

18 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

I agree with your comments about the latitude shown to NP. LJ certainly, for me, had a licence to fxxx it up every season.

But in the past, I consider that Alan Dicks had much more "licence" in his first five years than any City manager in my time.

Let's see where we go with NP should we avoid the drop this season.

AD himself is quoted himself as saying John Galley’s goals kept him in a job for 3 or 4 seasons giving him time to bring through Merrick, Gow, Tainton etc.

• Thanks 2