IGNORED

Farewell to Ole

Jerseybean

9 minutes ago, MC RISK77 said:

Inevitable after that performance yesterday- they were absolutely dreadful.

Anyone else think Ronaldo while a truly legendary goal scorer, was a purely indulgent signing and has made them worse?

Or it could just be that they've got a rubbish manager, players not performing (who aren't that good anyway, i.e. Maguire, Pogba), and no central midfield.

Ronaldo is world class, even now. He's not making any team worse.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, MC RISK77 said:

Anyone else think Ronaldo while a truly legendary goal scorer, was a purely indulgent signing and has made them worse?

I think Ronaldo was signed because they didn’t want him going to Man City. They always needed a defensive midfielder though, just such a poorly run club. 

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, MC RISK77 said:

Players he signed for this season are larger characters than he is.  Ronaldo is still one of the best players in the world and would easily be first pick in every premiership team.  The way Ole has managed Sancho, Van De Beek, Lingard is farcical ... 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, MC RISK77 said:

I wouldn’t say he made them worse, he just isn’t what they needed at the time. 

They should have broke the bank for someone like Declan Rice when they had the chance 

More importantly….get an elite manager . 

Even mediocre clubs in the Prem won’t take Ole 

Am I alone in enjoying their demise? Ole seems like a decent bloke but he’s so far out of his depth. In all honesty he should never have got anywhere near that job.

I also don’t think he recruited that well in the summer. I think Sancho will come good, but at that price United didn’t need him. Central midfield has been a problem area for them. I’m also not convinced CR7 was what they needed either, although he’s a machine.

I hope they continue to plummet and the plastics keep going into meltdown. It’s good entertainment if nothing else.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Coxy27 said:

Ronaldo is world class,

Indeed he is, but he does effect the way a team has to play, as he did when he was at Juve. There's a very good article from the Guardian, at about the time he was signed by ManU, explaining why it was a wrong move for them.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2021/aug/28/cristiano-ronaldo-held-juventus-back-just-what-is-that-manchester-united-see-in-him

Edited by Roger Red Hat
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, DaveInSA said:

This is such sad news.

i was really enjoying them be sh1t.

I lived in Manchester for years. I abhor United. Such entitled, southern softy, glory hunting manual manipulator fans from London. 

I only hope the next guy continues the rot.

Depends what era you grew up in.  The glory hunters were all Liverpool fans in my day and Man Utd were in the second division.  Still got 60,000+ in that division though. 

Edited by Red Skin
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Lorenzos Only Goal said:

I generally couldn't care less about United, however the manager isn't the problem there since we beat them Pogba and many others are just there for the money and Ole is just there as long as they want him there.  Seems they downed tools again as they were bored. 

Long term they are a run of the mill big club like Aston Villa.

They struck lucky in the mid 90s by having half a dozen top class youth players come through at the same time as their appointing a decent manager.

This made them pretty much unstoppable for a dozen years.

Then that core of the team started to retire and Ferguson, seeing this and that the whole team now needed a rebuild, sensibly stepped down.

The Glazers want to keep taking money out of the club rather than pushing it on to compete with Man City so the future will be like the present: hoping each season to try to nab sixth or seventh to get into Europe.

All of those plastic fans who started to support Man Utd in the 90s are going to have few highlights in the future.

And the manager's office will have a revolving door installed as nobody can make them a top three team on the Glazers' budget.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, DaveInSA said:

This is such sad news.

i was really enjoying them be sh1t.

I lived in Manchester for years. I abhor United. Such entitled, southern softy, glory hunting manual manipulator fans from London. 

I only hope the next guy continues the rot.

But apart from all that, you quite like them ? ?

• Haha 1

Should have pulled the trigger 18 months or so ago when Poch was available. He would have been the perfect fit imo.  They have now missed out on Conte, a serial winner and will end up with either Zidane who seems to not really want the job, unless he is paid a barrel full of money or Brenda Rogers who will probably crash and burn within 2 years, as well.

Tbf the only manager who will be able to manage all those egos would be Zidane imo.

Funny though, hope they do just enough to qualify for the Europa Conference league next season. That will be fun for their glory hunting London based fanbase. NOT

35 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Long term they are a run of the mill big club like Aston Villa.

They struck lucky in the mid 90s by having half a dozen top class youth players come through at the same time as their appointing a decent manager.

This made them pretty much unstoppable for a dozen years.

Then that core of the team started to retire and Ferguson, seeing this and that the whole team now needed a rebuild, sensibly stepped down.

The Glazers want to keep taking money out of the club rather than pushing it on to compete with Man City so the future will be like the present: hoping each season to try to nab sixth or seventh to get into Europe.

All of those plastic fans who started to support Man Utd in the 90s are going to have few highlights in the future.

And the manager's office will have a revolving door installed as nobody can make them a top three team on the Glazers' budget.

That’s a bit of an odd historical perspective, perhaps based on your age? Were you around in the 1960s? Granted they were not a glamour club before Busby in the 1950s, but the Busby Babes era, the Munich air crash, the Best/Charlton/Law combo, the first European Cup win in 1968 meant they were THE glamour club well before Liverpool’s emergence in the 1970s. So the Ferguson era was a re-emergence from a period in the doldrums, and I’m sure they had plenty of glory seeking fans nationwide, well before the Beckham/Giggs/ Scholes etc team came along. There were football and gloryhunters before the Premier League.

• Like 1