IGNORED

FBC Podcast Ep.100: A C+ performance; keep Williams fit & we stay up

headhunter

Listen link: https://foreverbristolcity.podbean.com/e/some-improvement-a-c-performance/  also available on Spotify etc.

In our centenary episode Mark, Ian & Dave P debate an improved performance against Blackburn which would have earned a higher mark had a refreshing first half of energy & attacking football not been followed by a 2nd half drop back towards a standard we've sadly grown accustomed to.

For 70 minutes Williams was outstanding and when he's fully fit he's so good that we can forget about relegation.

Great to see Scott & Benarous start, shame about the individual error from Kalas and if it had gone in and we'd held out for 11 minutes that header by Wells that brought a stunning save from Kaminski would have given City 3 points they may have just about deserved.

When was the last time we restricted opponents to a single digit shot count? 

We also preview Stoke and discuss Nigel's controversial pre-match presser

Higher than a C+ or was it a B- ??

• Confused 1

Interesting, if difficult listen through all the continuing sound problems. Maybe should have titled it Echo Beach. It really sounded like Ian was in the garden using a baked bean tin and a bit string to communicate at times. And as for poor old Mark he was totally ignored on several occasions, the conversation carrying on whilst he was still answering the previous question.

Always enjoy though and passes an hour whilst out with the dog.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

Interesting, if difficult listen through all the continuing sound problems. Maybe should have titled it Echo Beach. It really sounded like Ian was in the garden using a baked bean tin and a bit string to communicate at times. And as for poor old Mark he was totally ignored on several occasions, the conversation carrying on whilst he was still answering the previous question.

Always enjoy though and passes an hour whilst out with the dog.

Completely agree, audio was poor to answer the hosts initial question (Dave I think?). His audio was distorted and Ian’s had load of echo; normally hearing Ian more than once is more than enough but he did make some good points. Mark was clearer but didn’t get enough time to make his points. 

It was a shame really as there was some good content there in the episode.

Edited by One Team
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Pezo said:

Audio again, really need to find a different way of doing this.

I think we have talked before @headhunter about the fact there is lots of echo if you and Ian are in the same room, any chance you could just use the same mic in that scenario?

D- for Audio problems.

From about halfway through, probably when Mark joined, the sound started echoing.

8 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

From about halfway through, probably when Mark joined, the sound started echoing.

Yeah I assume @headhunter is muting either himself or others, when it's just him and Ian then he can hear Ian in the same room rather than through the normal audio but as soon as someone else joins he has to leave something open to hear them as they are not in the same room.

none of that explains the difference in volume that is probably a different problem of how the mic recording volume is setup.

All assumptions and I'm no sound engineer but I would like it sorted out as I like the podcast and usually listen live and then again to the recorded version.

As I listen to it in bed the volume control usually causes and argument with the misses.

• Like 1