IGNORED

Ayman Benarous - Attitude!

Davefevs

A great moment and on his full debut too. I thought he had a really good game, particularly first half. Not afraid to get stuck in, happy to push forward, actually showed maturity in the box when turning a couple of defenders inside out, just ran out of steam and hit a weak shot in the end. Don't think he could have given any more.

• Like 6

Having taken a lot of stick for saying just how poor he was as a sub v Barnsley it is only fair that I say that he was much improved on Saturday.

He was definitely beginning to struggle when taken off but he did well, used the ball smartly & learned not to try & win tackles by his strength so was quicker to the ball, which is his best chance of doing so.

Far better.

• Like 1

At last with Ayman, Scott, Williams and Baker in particular we had players showing the attitude that we have lacked as a team for so long. Other players seemed to pick up on it and as fans we can accept mistakes if our team show they are prepared to not only take it but hand it out. That is a starting point for change and winning back the fans. Now we have to show that it wasn’t just a one-off.

• Like 8

At last with Ayman, Scott, Williams and Baker in particular we had players showing the attitude that we have lacked as a team for so long. Other players seemed to pick up on it and as fans we can accept mistakes if our team show they are prepared to not only take it but hand it out. That is a starting point for change and winning back the fans. Now we have to show that it wasn’t just a one-off.

Attitude is something we will require against an aggressive & very physical Stoke side on Wednesday..

We will need to stand up to them.

• Like 2

Loved that moment with the boot and Baker?  flattening their player right in front of the lino who didn't appear to see it. I like this aggressive approach. Long overdue, I hope it continues. We've been a meek submissive side for too long. We just have to be clever with it.

• Like 1

⬇️⬇️⬇️

Loved that moment with the boot and Baker?  flattening their player right in front of the lino who didn't appear to see it. I like this aggressive approach. Long overdue, I hope it continues. We've been a meek submissive side for too long. We just have to be clever with it.

Do you know what, to me it felt like Baker and Williams showing their physicality meant some others grew in confidence to show theirs too.  Almost like they knew if anyone had a go at them, they had a “big brother” there to back them up.

It was Blackburn bleating to the ref on Saturday….that’s a good sign for me.

• Like 6

Williams sprinting 15 yards to take out (fairly somehow as well) Brereton from the throw in was fantastic too!

There were a lot of verbals for about 5 minutes (most of the game tbf but particularly the last 5)  building up to that so to see Williams have the last laugh was a great psychological win and helped change momentum after their goal.

Think we showed a lot of heart Saturday and to see the young guns being front and centre of that was great..

Benarous seemed a lot like Scott, in the nicest possible way he was a dick and we need more of those!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, VT05763 said:

This and Vyners "pirouette" by the by-line to get past a few Blackburn players.

It would’ve been good, had he not then bottled the challenge and didn’t bother sprinting back when they went on a counter attack from the challenge that he’d lost. 
I mean, it’s not like we only had 3 recognised defenders on the pitch and we’d want one of them to sprint back when the opposition are attacking. 

54 minutes ago, hinsleburg said:

Williams sprinting 15 yards to take out (fairly somehow as well) Brereton from the throw in was fantastic too!

There were a lot of verbals for about 5 minutes (most of the game tbf but particularly the last 5)  building up to that so to see Williams have the last laugh was a great psychological win and helped change momentum after their goal.

Think we showed a lot of heart Saturday and to see the young guns being front and centre of that was great..

Benarous seemed a lot like Scott, in the nicest possible way he was a dick and we need more of those!

I think Williams is the player we have really missed.  He's the "starch" that makes the defence bind together, so to speak. 

He understandably tired in the second, but we saw some lovely examples of what he can do, and - of course - playing where he does, it's often where he is that is as important as his tackles. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

I think Williams is the player we have really missed.  He's the "starch" that makes the defence bind together, so to speak. 

He understandably tired in the second, but we saw some lovely examples of what he can do, and - of course - playing where he does, it's often where he is that is as important as his tackles. 

Think Williams will get the best out of James too, think Matty James is wasted at the moment as he needs to do all the hard work!

Somebody to take the brunt of that frees him up a lot more and gives us a really solid spine to build off!

• Like 4