IGNORED

OTIB outage: Jesus that was difficult - pay your subs!

Super

1 hour ago, redsquirrel said:

you need a job at the hpc with the medical team. poor old bakes would have to play every week

What a silly post - Baker played in every single game this season up until his serious head injury vs WBA - with the exception of the game vs Swansea (when he was on the bench) and the game vs Posh. And he was only out for three games following that bad injury at WBA - straight back into the team for our last game vs Blackburn. This myth about him being injury prone needs to stop ...

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Me too. Apparently she`s lost her job at Woolworths.

when the nailsea branch closed down, a bloke i know bought the entire contents of the tat that was left after weeks of sales. whilst he was chuffed to bits at having kilos of pick and mix, he was also chin in boots at having bought hundreds of empty cd cases.  the discs were stored under the counter for security and contents of that not included in deal

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, RedRock said:

Re-signed for another 3 years. Let’s hope I can make a greater contribution over those years than CoD. 

ps. For those with an inherent dislike of PayPal - even with paying by card option - it seems you end up opening a (new/another) PayPal account!

Anyhows, even if that’s a pain in the @rse, it’s worth it for supporting this brilliant forum. 

I have never used paypal (on principle) But I was a contributor for a year and would do again IF I could just pay by debit card, but can't see a way .

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, daored said:

I have the same question is there a way to pay other than PayPal?

If you keep going you do get to pay by card, but for some odd reason you have to accept the PayPal terms and conditions. I did it in the end but am certainly not happy about it - have made the assumption that I've not made a commitment to PayPal and they that don't have rights. Hope that TomF can find a better solution that lets those of us who don't want to touch PayPal pay more easily.

Edited by Calculus
  • Flames 1

35 minutes ago, Calculus said:

If you keep going you do get to pay by card, but for some odd reason you have to accept the PayPal terms and conditions. I did it in the end but am certainly not happy about it - have made the assumption that I've not made a commitment to PayPal and they that don't have rights. Hope that TomF can find a better solution that lets those of us who don't want to touch PayPal pay more easily.

@Blagdon red can you comment on this?

6 minutes ago, TomF said:

You can do it without PayPal - see this thread.  I just have to manually mark the invoice paid once you’ve done it 

Thank you, but couldn't the renewal process with OTIB allow people pay directly by card or use the link from within the process rather than being external? (No big deal for me now as I've just renewed, only a thought. In any event, thanks for all you do - much appreciated).

13 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

No issues for me, just don't use it for anything and don't want anymore people having my details (more than necessary )

Fair enough, googling it, it would appear that various groups have issues with some of their policies but I couldn't see anything particularly overarching and was wondering if I had missed something.

• Like 1